Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 27 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 26 27
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I generally don't have an issue with bicyclists, though I do get grumpy when coming over a blind hill and they're right there in my lane. .

As a motorcyclist, the importance of not out-driving my line of sight was drilled into me. There could be a driveway with someone pulling out, a mail truck, a fallen tree, a fallen rock, free range cattle, a broken down vehicle, a tractor or any other thing in the lane when I top that blind hill or blind curve.

So what do you do?
Stop and turn around?

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LeakyWaders
I've ridden a bike for three years overseas to commute back and forth from work. A year in the middle east and two years in europe. I rode on the side of the road and got out of way of traffic (but to be honest, I left so early and late, there wasn't much traffic). I don't own spandex...and never had a problem.

Biker nerd gets on the forums and acts all superior to everyone else because their recreation is spent tying up traffic 'because they can.' They aren't usually going anywhere to do anything....just putting on their 'bike pride' spandex to clog the roads while everyone else it trying to get to Walmart and buy tobacco and gas before POTUS policies raise the prices again before Monday.

The walmartians driving in the cars wonder why don't you bike geeks just go to low travelled roads, or better yet some kind of cycling drome where you can hamster it up there and impress each other with your pride spandex?

The biker nerds respond with weird boolean logic and wonder why they aren't patted on the back and praised.

The average 24 hour camper are like GFY biker...

So, did I get this thread right?

Your IQ is right there with most of the other respondents.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by akasparky
I generally don't have an issue with bicyclists, though I do get grumpy when coming over a blind hill and they're right there in my lane. .

As a motorcyclist, the importance of not out-driving my line of sight was drilled into me. There could be a driveway with someone pulling out, a mail truck, a fallen tree, a fallen rock, free range cattle, a broken down vehicle, a tractor or any other thing in the lane when I top that blind hill or blind curve.

So what do you do?
Stop and turn around?

What the piss are you talking about?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J

Or a shítload of inconsiderate entitled fùckknobs on bicycles.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thank you

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I just don't see the crisis. If they claim some kind of assault (which dollars to donuts they probably will) that's weak pûssy bs.

YMMV

Who does see the crisis? I haven't seen anyone positing this as a crisis.

It's worth knowing that there are anti-harassment laws written into many state's code.

This is Missouri's 4th degree assault code.

  565.056. Assault in the fourth degree. — 1. A person commits the offense of assault in the fourth degree if:

  (1) The person attempts to cause or recklessly causes physical injury, physical pain, or illness to another person;

  (2) With criminal negligence the person causes physical injury to another person by means of a firearm;

  (3) The person purposely places another person in apprehension of immediate physical injury;

  (4) The person recklessly engages in conduct which creates a substantial risk of death or serious physical injury to another person;

  (5) The person knowingly causes or attempts to cause physical contact with a person with a disability, which a reasonable person, who does not have a disability, would consider offensive or provocative; or

  (6) The person knowingly causes physical contact with another person knowing the other person will regard the contact as offensive or provocative.

  2. Except as provided in subsection 3 of this section, assault in the fourth degree is a class A misdemeanor.

  3. Violation of the provisions of subdivision (3) or (6) of subsection 1 of this section is a class C misdemeanor unless the victim is a special victim, as the term "special victim" is defined under section 565.002, in which case a violation of such provisions is a class A misdemeanor.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
At all related to chuckleheads?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
I just don't see the crisis. If they claim some kind of assault (which dollars to donuts they probably will) that's weak pûssy bs.

YMMV

It's worth knowing that there are anti-harassment laws written into many state's code.

  565.056. Assault in the fourth degree. — 1. A person commits the offense of assault in the fourth degree if:

  (1) The person attempts to cause or recklessly causes physical injury, physical pain, or illness to another person;

  (2) With criminal negligence the person causes physical injury to another person by means of a firearm;

  (3) The person purposely places another person in apprehension of immediate physical injury;

  (4) The person recklessly engages in conduct which creates a substantial risk of death or serious physical injury to another person;

  (5) The person knowingly causes or attempts to cause physical contact with a person with a disability, which a reasonable person, who does not have a disability, would consider offensive or provocative; or

  (6) The person knowingly causes physical contact with another person knowing the other person will regard the contact as offensive or provocative.

  2. Except as provided in subsection 3 of this section, assault in the fourth degree is a class A misdemeanor.

  3. Violation of the provisions of subdivision (3) or (6) of subsection 1 of this section is a class C misdemeanor unless the victim is a special victim, as the term "special victim" is defined under section 565.002, in which case a violation of such provisions is a class A misdemeanor.

How cute is it that you and Sparky are on the same team now. Y'all should fugck.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
At all related to chuckleheads?

No doubt a subset of chucklehead-ery.

It's a big family.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
How cute is it that you and Sparky are on the same team now. Y'all should fugck.

I've fugked him many times.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Cycloids can be militant occasionally when insisting on exercising their right. I was hauling a crusher between Hope and Salome AZ a few years back and came up behind a large group, plenty of room if they singled up along the fogline...but no, a few of them blocked the eastbound, 82,000 pounds up a 5% grade, no way I can pass, so cars were backing up behind me and 2 or more impatient ones tried to pass...close call, one car made it but didn't see the bikes in front of me, held the center line narrowly escaping a head on. The car following him deliberately went off the highway on the westbound shoulder. They had the wreck cleaned up later when I went by empty, but I don't know if anyone was injured. If they would just work a little and compromise with other drivers, that stuff wouldn't happen.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

I've fugked him many times.

Does he bleach?

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by steve4102
Do these cyclists that occupy tax payer funded road ways, pay vehicle taxes and use taxes, or are they getting a free ride, no pun intended.

They pay tax when they buy their bikes. The tax on gasoline falls way short of being able to fully fund state and federal roadways. General fund moneys that ALL taxpayers kick into are used to build and fund federal and state roadways. Property taxes and ad valorem taxes are the primary source of funding for county and local roads. Moreover, most cyclists do have motor vehicles and pay gas tax when they put fuel in those motor vehicles.

Interestingly Steve, I have never paid a penny for your local streets, so if I were to drive on them, your local bicyclists would have more of a "right" to them than I would.

Paul,
What you state above about the distribution of taxes collected is not true in Arizona and to my knowledge in most States.

In AZ, not a single penny of property taxes pay for roads.

General sales tax does not pay much for roads either. Almost nothing to roads. If I recall correctly, sales tax pay less than 1% of these taxes revenue collected on roads. I may be mistaken on amount but it’s really really small.

Highway Users Revenue Fund or HURF for short pay for roads. These taxes are what folks call gas tax. And diesel fuel tax. The taxes are distributed for construction and maintenance of roads.

So, those bicyclists using the roads are paying almost nothing for the use of the road. Sure, they pay for sales tax when they buy that bike, but as mentioned, almost none of it goes back to the roads. True, they pay gas tax for when they buy gas for their car, but they get that bike path next to the road for free. So some foreigner visiting Arizona and buying gasoline pays more for that bike path and getting no benefit for said bike path than does the resident who buys gas and is also a bicyclist. The resident buys gas but gets to use the path. Foreigner buys gas but doesn’t use the path.

And in my experience in dealing with bicyclist organizations, they are some of the most narcissistic group of people I have every had to deal with. BTW, I dealt a lot with them in my career. I am also very familiar with various tax funding and how they relate to road construction and maintenance. I have found bicycle organization are very assertive in what they want yet not wanting to pay for what they get - for essentially free.

I don’t particularly like those kind of people.

Last edited by flagstaff; 05/22/22.

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Cycloids can be militant occasionally when insisting on exercising their right. I was hauling a crusher between Hope and Salome AZ a few years back and came up behind a large group, plenty of room if they singled up along the fogline...but no, a few of them blocked the eastbound, 82,000 pounds up a 5% grade, no way I can pass, so cars were backing up behind me and 2 or more impatient ones tried to pass...close call, one car made it but didn't see the bikes in front of me, held the center line narrowly escaping a head on. The car following him deliberately went off the highway on the westbound shoulder. They had the wreck cleaned up later when I went by empty, but I don't know if anyone was injured. If they would just work a little and compromise with other drivers, that stuff wouldn't happen.

I don't get why cyclists won't work with motorists when they can. It's often very easy to work traffic around. If you had come up behind me, I'd would have got the hell out of the way as soon as I reasonably could. That's one of the beauties of a bike, it's so damn easy to make a small obstacle of yourself.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by flagstaff
Do these cyclists that occupy tax payer funded road ways, pay vehicle taxes and use taxes, or are they getting a free ride, no pun intended.

They pay tax when they buy their bikes. The tax on gasoline falls way short of being able to fully fund state and federal roadways. General fund moneys that ALL taxpayers kick into are used to build and fund federal and state roadways. Property taxes and ad valorem taxes are the primary source of funding for county and local roads. Moreover, most cyclists do have motor vehicles and pay gas tax when they put fuel in those motor vehicles.

Interestingly Steve, I have never paid a penny for your local streets, so if I were to drive on them, your local bicyclists would have more of a "right" to them than I would.

Paul,
What you state above about the distribution of taxes collected is not true in Arizona and to my knowledge in most States.

https://taxfoundation.org/states-road-funding-2019/

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by flagstaff

Paul,

https://taxfoundation.org/states-road-funding-2019/

Thanks for making my point, Paul.

As mentioned in the website you attached, gas and diesel fuel taxes pay for road construction and maintenance. No mention in the article in how that bicyclist pays for that bike path on the shoulder of the road. Because those bicyclist aren’t taxed or pay any user fees for that path. The people buying gas and diesel are paying for it.

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There is a % of bike riders that are attention seeking virtue signaling narcissists. I see a similarity to there being a % of Black people that are feral sociopaths. In both cases I feel kind of bad for the decent and honorable members of either group.

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
UPDATE:

Nothing happened in the video.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

YMMV

the bicyclists flag

Page 9 of 27 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

509 members (257 roberts, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 2500HD, 1badf350, 1936M71, 58 invisible), 2,449 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,441
Posts18,489,489
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.