-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 27 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 26 27
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Me thinks there is a west coast mirror out there somewhere with Paul's name on it.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by slumlord
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Pshaw. Everbody knows you hadta blow up your TV.

Tho away your paper.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Rifles And More
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by cuznguido
It boils down real simple: Ignorant rednecks too fat and lazy to ride a bike hate those that do.

The typical rager is a middle aged, out of shape, poorly educated, white male.

Now do typical cyclist.

There is no typical cyclist. Within the different cycling disciplines, there are some commonalities. The bike messenger discipline is full of riders who typically give zero schidts about any law or anyone else.

Typical cyclist ‘ I am more nuanced and superior’ answer. Thank you.

He's not wrong, I ride quite a bit. I don't wear all the fancy lycra or clipless shoes and most of my bikes are 30+ years old. Probably 50% or more of the what I call roadies won't even acknowledge me when we pass each other. Apparently I'm in the wrong uniform or something.

Mountain bikers seem to be more laid back and considerably less elitist. Triathletes on their fancy aero bikes seem pretty cool too. I just want to get out and get some exercise and since I always liked endurance stuff cycling fits the bill.

I've wondered why some politician hasn't come up with a bicycle version of Pittman-Robertson to be honest. Seems like it would make sense to target the cycling community in order to help pay for cycling infrastructure. Those money grubbing pricks should be all over it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The Pittman Robertson analogy is a good idea but let's dea afine what the "fair share" for bikers would be.

First, quantify the number of bikes on the road vs vehicles. Then talk to someone who designs roads for a living and ask how much a road for bikes only would cost if there were no vehicles driving on it.

Especially heavy trucks.they drive the design specs and the cost.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by smokepole
The Pittman Robertson analogy is a good idea but let's dea afine what the "fair share" for bikers would be.

First, quantify the number of bikes on the road vs vehicles. Then talk to someone who designs roads for a living and ask how much a road for bikes only would cost if there were no vehicles driving on it.

Yeah I never put any thought into it other than "I wonder why those money grubbing pricks haven't done this yet?"

It just seemed like something a politician would be all over.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dodgefan
Typical cyclist ‘ I am more nuanced and superior’ answer. Thank you.

He's not wrong, I ride quite a bit. I don't wear all the fancy lycra or clipless shoes and most of my bikes are 30+ years old. Probably 50% or more of the what I call roadies won't even acknowledge me when we pass each other. Apparently I'm in the wrong uniform or something.

Mountain bikers seem to be more laid back and considerably less elitist. Triathletes on their fancy aero bikes seem pretty cool too. I just want to get out and get some exercise and since I always liked endurance stuff cycling fits the bill.

I've wondered why some politician hasn't come up with a bicycle version of Pittman-Robertson to be honest. Seems like it would make sense to target the cycling community in order to help pay for cycling infrastructure. Those money grubbing pricks should be all over it.

Your observations parallel mine. When I am out and about riding on the path, I greet everyone. I am most likely to be ignored by an older guy in his "team jersey" riding a high dollar road bike. They always seem like they are miserable.

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
All that video looks a bit too good to not be staged. Not buying it. Reminds me of all the unreality shows where every episode they manage to have a major crisis caught on film.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Yeah I never put any thought into it other than "I wonder why those money grubbing pricks haven't done this yet?"

The truth is that we do pay for roads and at a level that is commensurate with the amount of wear we are responsible for.

Gas and use taxes do not cover the cost of building and maintaining highways. I posted a link earlier that shows how much of each state's use fees/fuel taxes cover. In total it's about 50%. Much of the other 50% comes from the general fund that my income taxes go to. County and local roads are funded heavily through property taxes and ad valorem taxes.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mart
All that video looks a bit too good to not be staged. Not buying it. Reminds me of all the unreality shows where every episode they manage to have a major crisis caught on film.

It's real. I have had an online discussion with the rider. He turned the video over to cops and hasn't followed up.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH

That is just as hilarious now as it was the other 46 times dimwits have posted it.

This coal roller thought it was cool until it was discovered who he was and it started affecting his business. Then he started crying.

https://jalopnik.com/texas-tuner-shop-boycotted-after-owner-posts-video-roll-1848824937

Despite that, [the driver] believes that he is the victim in all of this, saying he “draws the line” at his actions affecting his business.

lololololol

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 05/22/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some things merit repeating

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Paula,

You kinda remind me of the chicks that casually mention who they’re not fugking.

Just in case anybody was wondering.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I just don't see the crisis. If they claim some kind of assault (which dollars to donuts they probably will) that's weak pûssy bs.

YMMV

Who does see the crisis? I haven't seen anyone positing this as a crisis.

Paul, you made this out through your posts as if it were some egregious assault. You weren't alone, but you posted the thread lol.

Holy fûck. Nothingburger. Defined.

Pick my post that you think most painted it as an egregious assault. I know you won't, but I thought I'd at least give you a chance. lolol

You started the thread…..

Sheesh! Hold into breaking wind!

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by flagstaff
https://www.tcsfuel.com/blog/the-highway-trust-fund/#:~:text=However%2C%20funding%20those%20repairs%20and,roads%20and%20state%20highway%20infrastructures.

"However, funding those repairs and improvements comes from more than just collecting gas taxes paid by those driving a vehicle. These days, general taxes paid by all taxpayers such as income and sales taxes are just as instrumental as gas taxes to fund local roads and state highway infrastructures."

or "nuh uh"

Which should I choose?

General taxes paid such as income and sales taxes don’t really fund bike paths. If you think they do to any real consequence, I have some beach front property out here in AZ I would like to sell you. I will put it on the internet because then it would be believable to you.

But you believe what you wanna believe because I am not gonna convince you otherwise.

You can lead a horse to water, but if he ain’t gonna drink, he ain’t gonna drink.

Columbia County: How do we pay for roads

"The majority of the county’s road funds (about 72 percent) come from the state gas tax and vehicle registration fees. The state gas tax comes from a statewide pool which is divided between the state, county, and city agencies, as well as metropolitan planning organizations such as Metro. Counties receive funds based on the number of registered vehicles within the county as designated by maintenance mileage."

https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/lpro/Publications/RoadsAndHighways.pdf

"Oregon pays for the construction, maintenance, and operation of the state highway system primarily through user fees. Principal sources of revenue are
federal funds, state fuel taxes, state weight-mile taxes on trucks, and state vehicle registration and title fees. The taxes and fees collected by the state are shared with Oregon cities and counties and are constitutionally dedicated to use on highways. The state does not use General Funds on highways."

https://oregoncounties.org/roads/county-road-program/road-resources/transportation-funding/

"Oregon’s counties are responsible for the largest share of Oregon’s road system (41 percent), with over 32,000 miles of road and over 3,400 bridges. AOC advocates for resources to support preservation, modernization, and maintenance of the county road system, and serves as a partner to the state.

Counties receive funding primarily from the State Highway Fund, from gas tax, fees, and other sources. The State Highway Fund provides funding for the state, counties, and cities at a rate of 50 percent, 30 percent, 20 percent, respectively.

In addition, many grant and other funding options are available – such as the most recent investment from the federal government through the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA). Below are some of the major funding sources for counties applicable resources."

Last edited by Steve; 05/22/22.

Carpe' Scrotum
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

The truth is that we do pay for roads and at a level that is commensurate with the amount of wear we are responsible for.

Gas and use taxes do not cover the cost of building and maintaining highways. I posted a link earlier that shows how much of each state's use fees/fuel taxes cover. In total it's about 50%. Much of the other 50% comes from the general fund that my income taxes go to. County and local roads are funded heavily through property taxes and ad valorem taxes.

If anything a bicycle version of Pittman-Robertson could be used to help build MUPs or rail trails. Out where I live I wouldn't see any benefit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

And I just posted how my state funds it's roads, including county and city. No where NEAR 50% is from the general fund.

And how much of the road funds are diverted off for bike paths? In the metro area it's 12% of the road budget. How much do bicyclist's fees and taxes pay for that? Zero.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve

And I just posted how my state funds it's roads, including county and city. No where NEAR 50% is from the general fund.

And how much of the road funds are diverted off for bike paths? In the metro area it's 12% of the road budget. How much do bicyclist's fees and taxes pay for that? Zero.

lolololol

Copy and paste into your browser, then weep.

https://www.oregon.gov/odot/TAP/Documents/2019%20Annual%20Legislative%20Report%20-%20Authorized%20use%20of%20Oregon%20County%20Road%20Funds%20(ORS%20366.774).pdf

COUNTY ROAD FUNDS REVENUES
July 1, 2018, to June 30, 2019
LOCAL GOVERNMENT REVENUE
Property Taxes $13,533,417
County General Fund $53,794,559
Local Vehicle Registration & Gasoline Taxes $28,026,555
Interest Income $18,533,887
Development Fees $16,087,722
Other Local Receipts $35,614,270
Bond & Note Proceeds $7,469,649
$173,060,059

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 05/22/22.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by taylorce1
The tax on gasoline falls way short of being able to fully fund state end federal roadways.

I don't know if it falls short or the money is poorly managed the government.

CDOT is notorious for mismanagement of tax money, seems they are always getting a new fleet of vehicles or more upper management. Now they are mandated to go to zero emmision vehicles by the State. Plus the new "fee" the State added to fuel prices is solely to add infrastructure (charging stations) for EV vehicles.

The point was that the cyclists do pay for the roads.

But can they do the speed limit? And why do they not follow the signage? And since they do wear helmets why is throwing [bleep] at them a bad idea?

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Every super intelligent human blocks traffic while going 50mph slower than every other vehicle.
Right?

Page 12 of 27 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 63 invisible), 2,483 guests, and 1,211 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,454
Posts18,489,678
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.