Hop To
Page 17 of 27 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 26 27
K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
Tell you what, when I was driving a tractor trailer in Arkansas last week, on a hilly, curvy, two lane highway with a 55 mph speed limit, and I came around a curve on that narrow road that should have been and probably once was, a goat path, to find some idiot in spandex on a bike, all I could think was why, in a state full of trails and parks, does this mental defective need to be endangering himself and everyone who comes upon him by using an already dangerous road for his hobby?

We spend hundreds of thousands of tax dollars making old railroad beds and other areas into trails for biking and similar hobbies, and then these idiots still see the need to use the roads as a venue for their HOBBY. Meanwhile, a guy making a living, with a full route to do and a federally mandated 14 hours to get it done and get back home, sits doing 5 to 15 mph in a 55 zone so they can do their HOBBY. That is the definition of an entitled aszhole. May every last one of them that operates thus be flattened by a driver who deserves the ensuing drama. Because no decent person should have to suffer for inadvertently wiping out a moron who chose to take his HOBBY places it should not be. I don’t hunt from the road, don’t fish off a bridge, or hike down the interstate. Common sense and all that. Of course, expecting commons sense from a grown man riding around in public looking like that is probably a bit optimistic.

As a former UPS driver who had a very rural route......I absolutely feel this.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Paula Ab Fool...lol

Just plain vanilla Pauli the Pussy works too.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Tell you what, when I was driving a tractor trailer in Arkansas last week, on a hilly, curvy, two lane highway with a 55 mph speed limit, and I came around a curve on that narrow road that should have been and probably once was, a goat path, to find some idiot in spandex on a bike, all I could think was why, in a state full of trails and parks, does this mental defective need to be endangering himself and everyone who comes upon him by using an already dangerous road for his hobby?

We spend hundreds of thousands of tax dollars making old railroad beds and other areas into trails for biking and similar hobbies, and then these idiots still see the need to use the roads as a venue for their HOBBY. Meanwhile, a guy making a living, with a full route to do and a federally mandated 14 hours to get it done and get back home, sits doing 5 to 15 mph in a 55 zone so they can do their HOBBY. That is the definition of an entitled aszhole. May every last one of them that operates thus be flattened by a driver who deserves the ensuing drama. Because no decent person should have to suffer for inadvertently wiping out a moron who chose to take his HOBBY places it should not be. I don’t hunt from the road, don’t fish off a bridge, or hike down the interstate. Common sense and all that. Of course, expecting commons sense from a grown man riding around in public looking like that is probably a bit optimistic.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Our rural roads in most of N.C. have no room for cyclists. Just the way it is. Folks from the Midwest come down here and can’t believe how rough and narrow our roads are. It sure doesn’t stop the urbanite cyclists from riding out here. They are universally disliked.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R

Damn you ought to post more often. Exactly how I feel. Why do they do it. The roads around my place have a pretty good stream of water hauling trucks. Those guys must truly cuss the gay bike musketeers. I will say there are a few of them that are fast and make an effort to keep traffic flowing freely. But they are not all biathlon capable.

Dog I rescued in January

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

Yes being in the agricultural and excavation business I know the pain. These stupid son of a b****** are just suicidal and too ignorant to realize it

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Hey Paulette, you feelin' dumb yet? 😁

Last edited by mirage243; 05/22/22.
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In the video from the OP, not sure if anyone noticed, if the bottle was full it would of bucked the wind alot better at that speed...just saying for next time.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Wow! I couldn't agree more! Exactly how I feel.... In PA we pay a registration for our vehicles every year, which allows us to use the roads.... if these spandex wearing idiots want to use the road they should have to pay too! Fugg em.

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by HawkI
Where's the video of asswholes throwing trash at farmer or an 80 year old driver?

There isn't one, for reasons obvious to anyone who doesn't ride a bike on the fugging highway....but I'm sure the asswholes arrived to their behavior without any reason.

Triggered?

I didn't start the thread....

You have any videos of "white trash throwing trash at farmers, slow moving vehicles and geriatric drivers"?

Didn't think so....even white trash knows the difference between reality, people working and people just being dumbasses and not having any real excuse other than being dumbasses.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Not sure why they call it common sense when it is not common at all and politicians that make laws seem to possess less of it than anyone. In most places it is illegal to ride a bicycle on the sidewalk. Why? Because pedestrians, even running, travel slower than bicycles and are subject to being hit. In the same way bicycles travel slower than vehicles which are much heavier. As mentioned before, anything traveling slower than the speed of traffic is a hazard whether it is a tractor, an Amish buggy, an ATV, a cow or a horse. That creates a hazard. Now they want to limit semis to 65 mph when the speed limit is 75 mph. Sometimes you need to take responsibility for your own safety because the politicians creating these laws are only interested in who will donate to their re-election campaign.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I agree. 100%
Saw one get hit once. I don't wish that on anyone.
Poor truck driver never saw the biker. The biker popped like a watermelon. This is on a major 2 lane highway in our area. Maybe 18" of shoulder. Dang bicyclists stream down this highway like they own it. It's rolling hills so hard to see too far ahead. This road is the only way to access thousands of acres of ag land. They stare at you when you go by like you are the one with a choice to be there.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by dodgefan
Originally Posted by smokepole
The Pittman Robertson analogy is a good idea but let's dea afine what the "fair share" for bikers would be.

First, quantify the number of bikes on the road vs vehicles. Then talk to someone who designs roads for a living and ask how much a road for bikes only would cost if there were no vehicles driving on it.

Especially heavy trucks.they drive the design specs and the cost.

Yeah I never put any thought into it other than "I wonder why those money grubbing pricks haven't done this yet?"

It just seemed like something a politician would be all over.

The truth is that we do pay for roads and at a level that is commensurate with the amount of wear we are responsible for.

Gas and use taxes do not cover the cost of building and maintaining highways. I posted a link earlier that shows how much of each state's use fees/fuel taxes cover. In total it's about 50%. Much of the other 50% comes from the general fund that my income taxes go to. County and local roads are funded heavily through property taxes and ad valorem taxes.

Paul,
I know you are tired of hearing it, and I am tired of saying it. Gas taxes pay for roads. General fund sources do not pay for roads. County and local roads are not paid from property taxes.

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
They don't call them Bike Nazis for nothing.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by Steve
Not excusing the trash, but why are the bicyclists riding abreast taking up a whole lane?
Cuz they are ass-holes.

Because they can. In Iowa a bicycle is considered a motor vehicle on a public street. I'm not telling you it's safe, I'm just saying they can. Consider it a farm tractor which does basically the same thing. Bicycle riders have rights too. This is one of them. They are also required to follow all traffic rules as well like stop signs and traffic lights. Just like a tractor.

kwg
No, bicycles are not just like farm tractors. Farmers are courteous and responsible, they ride the shoulder if there is one. Tractors are big, tall, contrasting colors to the road, make noise, have lights and a large reflector. Bicyclists are tiny, wear spandex that blends into the road, hunch over so they’re even smaller, have one reflector smaller than a fist. They have no business being on secondary highways where farmers have to go for livelihood and to feed us.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from floridamemory.com]

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ldholton
Around here tax dollars donations grants pay for lots of bicycle trails and such. Haul your f****** bicycle to one of them trails and stay the [bleep] f*** off the road scrawny ass f****** [bleep] losers

ldh gonna need a volunteer to do a welfare check on him in the morning.

Preferably don’t ride a bike to his house either.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ky221

As a former UPS driver who had a very rural route......I absolutely feel this.

Someone who drove for a living doesn't know not to outdrive his line of sight. What is this country coming to?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Tell you what, when I was driving a tractor trailer in Arkansas last week, on a hilly, curvy, two lane highway with a 55 mph speed limit, and I came around a curve on that narrow road .

You need to turn in your CDL if you don't know that you are supposed to travel at a speed that gives you time to react to whatever may be around that blind bend or blind hill. It could have been a stalled car with kids in it. Instead of bitching, you should be thankful the cyclist was moving and saved you from being responsible for a crash.

Page 17 of 27 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 67 invisible), 2,440 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,450
Posts18,489,657
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.