Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 22 of 27 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 26 27
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve
But you defend the actions of groups like this. Can't get yourself to say," Yeah. Those guys are dicks."

The vid cut off after 2.5 minutes, didn't show how long he was stuck behind him. Also don't know if anyone was behind the auto and for how long.

Try following something like that while they climb a thousand foot hill at 4 mph. I have to regularly in the summer. "Oh, how inconvenienced were you...". Jesus.

Those guys are selfish inconsiderate [bleep]. Admit it.

Also seem to have a good grip on whataboutism, though.

What a piece of work...

I did not defend their actions. I said I wouldn't do it. At the same time, I framed the encounter with perspective. If you are a Republican, you are the first one I have ever seen use the word whataboutism. They (libs) loathe when people paint a situation with a little perspective. When it's convenient to their team, they demand things be viewed in a vacuum.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 05/23/22.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Really.

You actually have No Clue do you.

I should feel honored that aggrievedSteve90210 took a break from his sky is falling agenda to join me here. Will spandex spell the end of the world?
Still attacking the messenger and ignoring the message I see.

You didn't post a message. You cried out some irrelevance.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The way I see it is if non-bike riders don't tolerate bike-riders, there isn't a strong argument for non-hunters tolerating hunters. So I tend to think unless bike-riders are deliberately disruptive, let 'em be.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HawkI
Really.

Yeah, that's the problem; he doesn't see an issue having traffic slowed down and a dozen cars behind him. Everyone else is the problem, hence the thread.

I have never had a dozen cars behind me. Anytime any car approaches from the rear I am looking for ways to work them around me. I take a very cooperative approach to riding on the road. I doubt anyone has ever been behind me for more than 30 seconds. All of us have been hung up by an inconsiderate motorist for longer than that. Hell, I'll get held up more by other cars today than I have held up motorists over the whole of my bicycle riding life.

This is just too much!

I used to think that picture of you on your avatar was you, wearing a skid lid, but now I know it is toilet paper from having your head up your ass so many times…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Paul, you seem like a smart man. I often enjoy your devil's advocate positioning.
Can we all admit that a large percentage of bicyclists are entitled dicks?
Also, can we all agree that no one wants to see a grown man in a full spandex outfit?
Thirdly, can we agree that any grown man who wears full spandex in the name of aerodynamics is a raging homosexual?
I think there are some things that just can't be logically disputed.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by steveredd1
new game grab the noodle,

You would like that game. Is that a West Virginia thing? lolololol

I'm not the one wearing spandex and a gay little helmet

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by RUM7
Paul, you seem like a smart man. I often enjoy your devil's advocate positioning.
Also, can we all agree that no one wants to see a grown man in a full spandex outfit?
Thirdly, can we agree that any grown man who wears full spandex in the name of aerodynamics is a raging homosexual?
A lot of men don't like long-hairs or earings etc on a male, thinking they look girly, but they tolerate it. Bike riders wear the clothing for aerodynamics and so they can be seen by car drivers etc, just like hunters might wear camo for ... camouflage.

Last edited by Riflehunter; 05/23/22.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
For bikers, rainbow spandex is considered camouflage, you blend right in.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

I don't ride in groups like that in places where it would be hard for someone to pass.

lol

what everybody else hates your gutts too

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
A lot of men don't like long-hairs or earings etc on a male, thinking they look girly, but they tolerate it. Bike riders wear the clothing for aerodynamics, just like hunters might wear camo for ... camouflage.
Yeah that's a leap.
Riding around for an hour in a pack on Sunday morning and then meeting up at the local coffee house for a meet and greet with the other twinkies requires superior aerodynamics?
Thats as stupid as the guy walking around BassPro in head to toe camo picking out his new Yeti can cooler.

Last edited by RUM7; 05/23/22.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I frequently see hunters at airports wearing their camo, fly fisherman wearing their fly fishing gear on a flight to Alaska etc, BJJ wrestlers wearing their uniform on the way to and from their training. Who cares whether you wear whatever clothing is suitable for the activity you do, outside of that activity, on the way to or from home? If it is convenient to do so, why not? I think we are moving away from the idea that you don't wear a specific style of clothing for a specific activity just because some people might think it's gay. If you are not gay, you shouldn't need to worry that some people might think that you are gay just because of the sport specific clothing that you wear.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Really.

Yeah, that's the problem; he doesn't see an issue having traffic slowed down and a dozen cars behind him. Everyone else is the problem, hence the thread.

I have never had a dozen cars behind me. Anytime any car approaches from the rear I am looking for ways to work them around me. I take a very cooperative approach to riding on the road. I doubt anyone has ever been behind me for more than 30 seconds. All of us have been hung up by an inconsiderate motorist for longer than that. Hell, I'll get held up more by other cars today than I have held up motorists over the whole of my bicycle riding life.

This is just too much!

I used to think that picture of you on your avatar was you, wearing a skid lid, but now I know it is toilet paper from having your head up your ass so many times…

What is it with a bunch of triggered bitter boomers from Stumpfugk Montana that they cannot handle the 3 or 4 bicyclists they encounter every year. I thought y'all bare knuckle brawled grizzly bears and schidt up there. All I can figure is that it's some kind of latent homosexual thing.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Now he goes all homo

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Really.

This is just too much!

What is it with a bunch of triggered bitter boomers from Stumpfugk Montana that they cannot handle the 3 or 4 bicyclists they encounter every year. I thought y'all bare knuckle brawled grizzly bears and schidt up there. All I can figure is that it's some kind of latent homosexual thing.

The bicyclist threads complaining about encounters seem to be started primarily by bicyclists. The throwing of purses - seems to be from a bicycle, not from a car....

Me

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Alright, I'll level with you brother. I am not really very smart at all. For example I hope that when I post six different links showing how bicyclist contribute to building and maintaining roads, I expect that to sink in at some point. That is just damn dumb on my part.

I rarely associate with cyclists. In my limited interactions with them, the biggest dicks seem to riders in my demographic. They never seem to be happy. It's like they ride with a chip on their shoulder. I was passing a guy my age who was riding a bamboo bike. As I got beside him, I commented that it looked like art in motion. NOTHING. No reaction whatsoever. No smile, no thank you, nothing. Damn man, I am happy when I am riding, even when my lungs are hanging out in exhaustion.

A few pages back a video showed a group ride with a schidt ton of riders. I don't like that. If that was a very short stretch on a weekend morning I could tolerate it, but I wouldn't like it. More than a minute or two, it's time to break things up and spread things out, or be willing to pull over. I used to ride with the Gulf Coast Bicycle Club when I lived in MS. Great guys and gals. When we did weekend group rides, we did them on lightly traveled rural backroads and we worked cars around us as quickly as we could. Our groups were seldom more than 10 or so. EVERY single one of those riders gave a damn about motorists.

I'll say this too. I have a bunch of passtimes. Boating, kayaking, motorcycling, fishing, hunting and bicycling. The nerdiest group by far are bicyclists. The most nauseatingly liberal are the motorcyclists. The grumpiest, most perpetually butthurt...never mind, I was on a good roll.

Spandex shorts. I wear them. I have no idea why but that pad in them makes worlds of difference in comfort. If I ride 20 miles without them, I'll have bruises over my sit bones. No amount of padding in a seat can change that, but that damn thin layer of padding does. I can't explain it. The material keeps the nuggets in place to, and that matters. I don't give a cock and balls about aerodynamics.

I agree that no man wants to see me in spandex, and frankly (pun intended) I find a measure of comfort in that. Women on the other hand...

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I just took a quick 20 mile ride. I passed down Central Ave in Old Jefferson on the way out. 30 minutes later I came back the same way, and this massive oak limb had fallen across the road. Yeah, I know, too bad about the timing. But this, boys and girls, is why you don't outdrive your line of sight in blind curves and blind hills. If this was on the other side of that blind curve, it'd damn sure get your attention.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Schit you can't makeup...

Report says Louisiana second most dangerous state for cyclists

[Linked Image from bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com]Two bicycles lay on the side of La. 66 in West Feliciana Parish after a fatal crash causing the death of Baton Rouge Metro Councilman Buddy Amoroso. Amoroso and Thomas Clement were struck by a Chevrolet Tahoe while riding. Advocate staff photo

Louisiana has again been dubbed one of the most dangerous states in the nation to ride a bicycle, sparking debate on just why a seemingly innocent exercise seems to carry inordinate risks.

Last week, an analysis by The Wall Street Journal concluded that the state is No. 2 nationally in bicyclist deaths, behind only Florida.

The same review said New Orleans is the sixth most dangerous of 50 metro areas when it comes to bike riding.

The grim review is not the first of its kind.

In 2015, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention said Louisiana had the the third highest rate of bicyclist deaths in the nation, behind Florida and Delaware.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Pauline sounds just like a democrat. You know how Democrats say well I personally don't but then they defend ever ride or looter criminal gay transgender child molesting f*** ups....
Paulette decides that she's nothing like that but defends ever ignorant bicyclist out there....

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokepole
For bikers, rainbow spandex is considered camouflage, you blend right in.

And Made in the U.ETH.A.

https://www.aerotechdesigns.com/ride-with-pride-rainbow-shorts.html

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by akasparky
Schit you can't makeup...

Report says Louisiana second most dangerous state for cyclists

[Linked Image from bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com]Two bicycles lay on the side of La. 66 in West Feliciana Parish after a fatal crash causing the death of Baton Rouge Metro Councilman Buddy Amoroso. Amoroso and Thomas Clement were struck by a Chevrolet Tahoe while riding. Advocate staff photo

Louisiana has again been dubbed one of the most dangerous states in the nation to ride a bicycle, sparking debate on just why a seemingly innocent exercise seems to carry inordinate risks.

Last week, an analysis by The Wall Street Journal concluded that the state is No. 2 nationally in bicyclist deaths, behind only Florida.

The same review said New Orleans is the sixth most dangerous of 50 metro areas when it comes to bike riding.

The grim review is not the first of its kind.

In 2015, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention said Louisiana had the the third highest rate of bicyclist deaths in the nation, behind Florida and Delaware.

When you look at how long and straight that road is, it makes you wonder what kind of retread couldn't see cyclists there. That road is very lightly traveled with very good sight lines. No excuse other than stupidity. Well that and a full size Chevyy/GMC pickup or SUV. You add that to middle aged, out of shape, poorly educated, white male, and it's a recipe for disaster.

Page 22 of 27 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (222Sako, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 67 invisible), 2,434 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,450
Posts18,489,657
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.