Bicycles should be restricted to roads with a speed limit of 35 MPH or less

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by 700LH

Make that a 25 and I’m with ya!!!

There is simply too much traffic for bike traffic on roads built for cars and trucks.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds like Paul has had a quarrel with his favorite bicycle seat, a spat with his pointiest seat. laugh

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by RUM7
Paul, you seem like a smart man. I often enjoy your devil's advocate positioning.
Can we all admit that a large percentage of bicyclists are entitled dicks?
Also, can we all agree that no one wants to see a grown man in a full spandex outfit?
Thirdly, can we agree that any grown man who wears full spandex in the name of aerodynamics is a raging homosexual?
I think there are some things that just can't be logically disputed.

Alright, I'll level with you brother. I am not really very smart at all. For example I hope that when I post six different links showing how bicyclist contribute to building and maintaining roads, I expect that to sink in at some point. That is just damn dumb on my part.

I rarely associate with cyclists. In my limited interactions with them, the biggest dicks seem to riders in my demographic. They never seem to be happy. It's like they ride with a chip on their shoulder. I was passing a guy my age who was riding a bamboo bike. As I got beside him, I commented that it looked like art in motion. NOTHING. No reaction whatsoever. No smile, no thank you, nothing. Damn man, I am happy when I am riding, even when my lungs are hanging out in exhaustion.

A few pages back a video showed a group ride with a schidt ton of riders. I don't like that. If that was a very short stretch on a weekend morning I could tolerate it, but I wouldn't like it. More than a minute or two, it's time to break things up and spread things out, or be willing to pull over. I used to ride with the Gulf Coast Bicycle Club when I lived in MS. Great guys and gals. When we did weekend group rides, we did them on lightly traveled rural backroads and we worked cars around us as quickly as we could. Our groups were seldom more than 10 or so. EVERY single one of those riders gave a damn about motorists.

I'll say this too. I have a bunch of passtimes. Boating, kayaking, motorcycling, fishing, hunting and bicycling. The nerdiest group by far are bicyclists. The most nauseatingly liberal are the motorcyclists. The grumpiest, most perpetually butthurt...never mind, I was on a good roll.

Spandex shorts. I wear them. I have no idea why but that pad in them makes worlds of difference in comfort. If I ride 20 miles without them, I'll have bruises over my sit bones. No amount of padding in a seat can change that, but that damn thin layer of padding does. I can't explain it. The material keeps the nuggets in place to, and that matters. I don't give a cock and balls about aerodynamics.

I agree that no man wants to see me in spandex, and frankly (pun intended) I find a measure of comfort in that. Women on the other hand...
I understand the taint padding. That makes good sense.
It's the bought and paid for fake sponsor shirt that really gets me. Believe it or not, when I was 18 I rode from Fort Bragg all the way down to the Golden Gate Bridge. All down Hwy 1.
Pretty cool experience with 2 buddies. We didn't have fancy bikes or spandex. We just slept in campsites and made it in 3 days if I remember correctly. It was a blast.
Then I grew up and quit riding after that. I could have used some taint padding after day 2.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 257Bob
My town has a large bike community and they seem to think that they own the road and show very little consideration for vehicles and the often inability to safely pass large groups of cyclist. I've bought at least five bikes from local shops and spent thousands of dollars in the process so I'm not anti-bike, I'm just don't have much patience for self-righteous folks who show very little regard for others.

Most cyclists are d$cks, on or off road.

Off road, anytime cyclists share paved hike/bike trails with pedestrians they won’t bother to moderate their speed passing people, their kids or dogs. They seem to think that a shouted “ON YOUR LEFT!!!” right before a high speed pass just feet away makes it OK.

On dirt, mountain bikers will likewise will speed right past pedestrians on shared trails and around here and I suppose everywhere they invade wooded areas of parks and public land, tear the schidt out of them, and cut trees and bushes to create trails and build jumps.

As a group they really do suck.

And hey, I’ve been known to ride a bike a mile or two myself, still do.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by KSMITH
Bicyclists always like to argue and play their games until they are reminded of simple math. Bicycles<≠motor vehicles. When one gets drilled they all stay off the roads until they forget the equation and go out and find out again.

I don't care if I liked riding a bicycle so much that I rode around with a woody the whole time, It is not worth my life to ride on busy highways much less get an attitude about it.

Simple math comes into play in civil lawsuits too.
Well hell, post up some lawsuits where the dead bike guy won. If it comes down to taking a vehicle head on or taking out some bicyclists, I would say it would be an easy choice every time. I am sure you will feel better being dead while someone runs your lawsuit.

-Piss into the wind.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Raferman
You're starting to sound like a liberal pundit Mr Barnard.

I really don't appreciate the "Mr."

Ms better

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Pauli just keeps on ticking and taking as ass kicking........

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by BayouRover
Pauli just keeps on ticking and taking as ass kicking........

more like takes it up his ass

IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by akasparky
Schit you can't makeup...

Report says Louisiana second most dangerous state for cyclists

[Linked Image from bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com]Two bicycles lay on the side of La. 66 in West Feliciana Parish after a fatal crash causing the death of Baton Rouge Metro Councilman Buddy Amoroso. Amoroso and Thomas Clement were struck by a Chevrolet Tahoe while riding. Advocate staff photo

Louisiana has again been dubbed one of the most dangerous states in the nation to ride a bicycle, sparking debate on just why a seemingly innocent exercise seems to carry inordinate risks.

Last week, an analysis by The Wall Street Journal concluded that the state is No. 2 nationally in bicyclist deaths, behind only Florida.

The same review said New Orleans is the sixth most dangerous of 50 metro areas when it comes to bike riding.

The grim review is not the first of its kind.

In 2015, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention said Louisiana had the the third highest rate of bicyclist deaths in the nation, behind Florida and Delaware.

When you look at how long and straight that road is, it makes you wonder what kind of retread couldn't see cyclists there. That road is very lightly traveled with very good sight lines. No excuse other than stupidity. Well that and a full size Chevyy/GMC pickup or SUV. You add that to middle aged, out of shape, poorly educated, white male, and it's a recipe for disaster.

What kind of retread plays like kid on the highway?

You add a middle aged, entitled Lance Armstrong wannabe with a four year degree and it's a recipe for disaster.

The fat hick, for whatever he's lacking in education, isn't acting like a delinquent runaway fiddling around heavy machinery hauling ass on a highway. No excuse other than stupidity....

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by rickt300

That's why there is a law against peddling puzzy.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by DugE
Originally Posted by 700LH

Make that a 25 and I’m with ya!!!

There is simply too much traffic for bike traffic on roads built for cars and trucks.

Truth. The fuggers dont get to peddle on airstrips.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by 257Bob
My town has a large bike community and they seem to think that they own the road and show very little consideration for vehicles and the often inability to safely pass large groups of cyclist. I've bought at least five bikes from local shops and spent thousands of dollars in the process so I'm not anti-bike, I'm just don't have much patience for self-righteous folks who show very little regard for others.

Most cyclists are d$cks, on or off road.

Off road, anytime cyclists share paved hike/bike trails with pedestrians they won’t bother to moderate their speed passing people, their kids or dogs. They seem to think that a shouted “ON YOUR LEFT!!!” right before a high speed pass just feet away makes it OK.

On dirt, mountain bikers will likewise will speed right past pedestrians on shared trails and around here and I suppose everywhere they invade wooded areas of parks and public land, tear the schidt out of them, and cut trees and bushes to create trails and build jumps.

As a group they really do suck.

And hey, I’ve been known to ride a bike a mile or two myself, still do.

Truth. Bravo Birdy.

I Dindo Nuffin
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
When you look at how long and straight that road is, it makes you wonder what kind of retread couldn't see cyclists there. That road is very lightly traveled with very good sight lines. No excuse other than stupidity. Well that and a full size Chevyy/GMC pickup or SUV. You add that to middle aged, out of shape, poorly educated, white male, and it's a recipe for disaster.

One more inch closer to the white line with every stupid comment.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by HawkI

[Linked Image from bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com]

Wonder if the final utterance of the bicyclists was "I can't breath"?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by HawkI
[quote=PaulBarnard][quote=akasparky]Schit you can't makeup...

[Linked Image from bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com]Two bicycles lay on the side of La. 66 in West Feliciana Parish after a fatal crash causing the death of Baton Rouge Metro Councilman Buddy Amoroso. Amoroso and Thomas Clement were struck by a Chevrolet Tahoe while riding. Advocate staff photo

Louisiana has again been dubbed one of the most dangerous states in the nation to ride a bicycle, sparking debate on just why a seemingly innocent exercise seems to carry inordinate risks.

Last week, an analysis by The Wall Street Journal concluded that the state is No. 2 nationally in bicyclist deaths, behind only Florida.

The same review said New Orleans is the sixth most dangerous of 50 metro areas when it comes to bike riding.

The grim review is not the first of its kind.

In 2015, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention said Louisiana had the the third highest rate of bicyclist deaths in the nation, behind Florida and Delaware.

When you look at how long and straight that road is, it makes you wonder what kind of retread couldn't see cyclists there. That road is very lightly traveled with very good sight lines. No excuse other than stupidity. Well that and a full size Chevyy/GMC pickup or SUV. You add that to middle aged, out of shape, poorly educated, white male, and it's a recipe for disaster. [quote].

Paul, would you let your kids drive their bikes on the highway?

You think bike riders are that much tougher than kids?

Was that hwy made for bikes or autos?

Just saying, legality doesnt always Trump common sense.

You can lowrate people who are psychologically groomed to look out for vehicles all you wish, but humans are creatures of habit. They dont always think of people dumb enough to ride toys on the hwy just as they arent always focused on watching for a drunk coming at them in the wrong lane or an airplane landing with them on the hwy. There is a reason railroad crossings have flashing lights.

Last edited by jaguartx; 05/23/22.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Bicyclists always like to argue and play their games until they are reminded of simple math. Bicycles<≠motor vehicles. When one gets drilled they all stay off the roads until they forget the equation and go out and find out again.

I don't care if I liked riding a bicycle so much that I rode around with a woody the whole time, It is not worth my life to ride on busy highways much less get an attitude about it.

Simple math comes into play in civil lawsuits too.
Well hell, post up some lawsuits where the dead bike guy won. If it comes down to taking a vehicle head on or taking out some bicyclists, I would say it would be an easy choice every time. I am sure you will feel better being dead while someone runs your lawsuit.

What a gaping hatchet gash.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Says the dude riding around in spandex with a penis hat on. Then spend 20 pages arguing how cool you and your bike are. I don't think your "outdoor Sports" is the same as this sites "outdoor sports".

Guess you couldn't find those successful lawsuits either.

And aren't you the poop stain that posted a picture of yourself with a dress on to "mess" with your daughters date? Yeah, you fit right in here.

Last edited by KSMITH; 05/23/22.

-Piss into the wind.
Page 24 of 27 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (2003and2013, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 62 invisible), 2,423 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,460
Posts18,489,808
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.