Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 36 of 53 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 52 53
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mirage243
Now they are saying that there was no SRO there and there wasn't any shots exchanged before the shooter entered the school, even though Gov Abbott said there was. And, the press conference that just concluded said that there were Federal Marshalls there that detained and handcuffed parents. Very odd to me that Federal Marshalls were on scene before they even got the guy stopped.

I never trust information in the early stages of incidents like this.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
ANY man that doesn’t run towards the sounds of children being murdered isn’t fit to call himself a man.

Yup

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
ANY man that doesn’t run towards the sounds of children being murdered isn’t fit to call himself a man.

Yup

+100.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Now they are saying that there was no SRO there and there wasn't any shots exchanged before the shooter entered the school, even though Gov Abbott said there was. And, the press conference that just concluded said that there were Federal Marshalls there that detained and handcuffed parents. Very odd to me that Federal Marshalls were on scene before they even got the guy stopped.

Never stops anyone else. Ridiculous some of the shît that gets posted from 3rd, 4th,5th hand accounts from social media.

MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This whole thing is starting to stink . Will we be told the truth ?

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by mjbgalt

Yup

+100.
I agree !

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
One thing is sure. If there was wrongdoing they will investigate themselves and the government will be certain to tell us everything.

*Heavy sarcasm for the slow*

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 57springer

If it happened in PA, judging by the last election, I doubt it.

I do think we'll get a detailed accurate as can be report on this though..

Unlike the Las Vegas shooting, where nobody knows what happened yet.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
It has been established that there was no car chase as earlier reported. The perp wrecked his grandmother's truck near the school and proceeded on foot to a back door at the school which was unlocked.

The SRO, who had gone to investigate the crash, actually followed the perp into the school and engaged him (no shots fired at that time per DPS director @ 43:18 in video) but the perp gained entrance, entered two class rooms and began firing immediately.

Uvalde police and Uvalde School Dist. Police officers arrived and engaged the shooter in under 5 minutes according to DPS Director McCraw (26:00 in video).

I believe the 40 minute time line was when the CBP swat team engaged/shot the shooter. Couldn't hear the question but believe that is what Dir. McCraw indicated @ 42:37. A CBP official following Dir. MCraw stated that CBP has a large presence in Uvalde and that some 80 CBP agents responded to the call from their headquarters, the field etc.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

You are a wise man.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Absolutely not.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Yes the CPB SWAT team took care of the problem, and it took them only 52 minutes. When seconds count, 911 will solve your problem in 52 minutes.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
[bleep] unreal.

Leo went in 4 min after gunman then came out and waited an hour before going in. They were waiting for more backup, optical equipment and NEGOTIATORS.

UFR

Last edited by jaguartx; 05/26/22.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
A few local cops went in right away, exchanged shots and got wounded, then fell back and called for reinforcements. Then, the law guys waited an hour for the SWAT team to show up and kill the guy. Local cops in Uvalde don't have body armor or ARs?

Go hole up with your fellow police union buddies, while you listen to the sound of children being slaughtered?

Well, at least these officers went home at the end of their shift.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Absolutely not.

Its beginning to sound like LEO was doing all they could to let the killer kill until he ran out of ammo.

So, did a LEO acquaintance go in under a pre planned agreement with the shooter to do a planned arrest and then took out the shooter to get rid of the last witness?

I thought Columbine made law enforcement agencies agree the best course of action is to go after the shooter immediately.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Are you being obtuse or stupid? The shooter was pinned down by the first officers in (in less than five minutes) and had bunkered up.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
A few local cops went in right away, exchanged shots and got wounded, then fell back and called for reinforcements. Then, the law guys waited an hour for the SWAT team to show up and kill the guy. Local cops in Uvalde don't have body armor or ARs?

Go hole up with your fellow police union buddies, while you listen to the sound of children being slaughtered?

Well, at least these officers went home at the end of their shift.

When is the last time you entered a building to confront an armed foe, got wounded, and stayed in the fight?

I'm guessing you are a high-speed retired SF guy that's booted more than a few doors in your day...

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 05/26/22.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A boy and his friends ‘hiding as hard as they could’ under a tablecloth just feet away from the gunman.

A little girl reportedly smearing her deceased friend’s blood on herself and playing dead.

I hope they can recover from this.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
A boy and his friends ‘hiding as hard as they could’ under a tablecloth just feet away from the gunman.

A little girl reportedly smearing her deceased friend’s blood on herself and playing dead.

I hope they can recover from this.

That can't be, we've already been informed ALL the kids in that room were killed in the first two minutes by a guy with inside information.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Any human. Just heard the story of the mother who was stopped, handcuffed, later uncuffed, scaled a fence and ran in and grabbed her children while this was still happening. Parents prevented from storming the school.

Waiting to pass judgement as I haven't been able to follow it much, but it all doesn't sound good. Local PD on site and BP were the ones that went in and settled it?

Can't imagine someone so chickenchit as to sit outside while kids are being murdered, waiting for a tactical team to arrive. You have a badge and a gun, grab as many of your fellow officers as you can, and get your azz in there immediately. Never thought we'd see that level of cowardice again after Sandy Hook. But here we apparently may be again. If true, every one of them scared into inaction either by fear of death or fear of reprisals from command need to be fired immediately, then taken out back and let the parents of the slaughtered and survived children have a go at them. Fuggin' infuriating to me.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
Page 36 of 53 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 52 53

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

255 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 2500HD, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 160user, 31 invisible), 1,687 guests, and 1,058 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,630
Posts18,492,978
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.