Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 36 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 35 36
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
Mauser - What is your soul ?
Can you articulately define what that is ?
Yes, I don't have one. Waiting for someone to demonstrate what a soul is and that they exist.
If you do not know "what a soul is", how can you know that you do not have one?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Ringman
Still waiting for evidence for Big Bang that a Creationist could not use for creation.

Yeah but it's so far from the accounts in the bible that it would be heresy to try and claim it.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by CCCC
Yes, I don't have one. Waiting for someone to demonstrate what a soul is and that they exist.

If noone can explain what a soul is how do they know that they have one?

Well?
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Wow. I didn’t read this whole thing. Let’s just say it like this - I suck so bad that no matter what I do, it is not good enough. Ok? I CANNOT redeem myself. But if I believe in God, and that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, that is ENOUGH. And if I believe that, I will do good things.

Last edited by Slope77; 06/10/22.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Yes, I don't have one.

That’s one of the few things that you’ve said that I can believe….congrats?

If you included a brain and common sense with all that you don’t possess you’d be even more correct. Carry on kiddo.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Some of the evidence for the "Big Bang:"

1. We observe that the universe is expanding. Running the movie backwards arrives at a "singularity," where space, time, and matter don't exist. This happened 13.8 billion years ago

2. As things expand, they get cooler. The universe did not get cool enough to let light exist until 380,000 years after the "Big Bang." As it expanded further, we can still see the "echo" of that event. We call it the cosmic background radiation. It exists everywhere within the universe and gets dimmer as time (and expansion) goes on.

3. However, we can never find out what CAUSED the Big Bang because the laws of physics were created in the Bang, and cannot be used to model it.

So...if you want to believe that some force called "God" created the Big Bang, science cannot prove you wrong and won't even try. But the belief that this happened only 6,000 years ago is simply not true, and is a myth like many of the other creation stories within Genesis.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Slope77
Wow. I didn’t read this whole thing. Let’s just say it like this - I suck so bad that no matter what I do, it is not good enough. Ok? I CANNOT redeem myself. But if I believe in God, and that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, that is ENOUGH. And if I believe that, I will do good things.

I starred this thread to challenge the Works Faith guys to step up and regale is with the accounts of their heroic holy deeds. They haven’t because they can’t. Like all of us, regenerate or non- regenerate, they are sinners whether they are willing to be honest with that fact or not.

Our “good deed” in all likelihood will not be apparent to us. What we think of as good deeds need to be repented ot.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by IZH27
Originally Posted by Slope77

I starred this thread to challenge the Works Faith guys to step up and regale is with the accounts of their heroic holy deeds. They haven’t because they can’t. Like all of us, regenerate or non- regenerate, they are sinners whether they are willing to be honest with that fact or not.

Our “good deed” in all likelihood will not be apparent to us. What we think of as good deeds need to be repented ot.

I don’t agree that what we think is good is actually evil, and needs to be repented of. What I know is that I suck, and I can’t save myself. Jesus did that for me. But because he did that, I want to be better than I am.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

1. We observe that the universe is expanding. Running the movie backwards arrives at a "singularity," where space, time, and matter don't exist. This happened 13.8 billion years ago

2. As things expand, they get cooler. The universe did not get cool enough to let light exist until 380,000 years after the "Big Bang." As it expanded further, we can still see the "echo" of that event. We call it the cosmic background radiation. It exists everywhere within the universe and gets dimmer as time (and expansion) goes on.

3. However, we can never find out what CAUSED the Big Bang because the laws of physics were created in the Bang, and cannot be used to model it.

So...if you want to believe that some force called "God" created the Big Bang, science cannot prove you wrong and won't even try. But the belief that this happened only 6,000 years ago is simply not true, and is a myth like many of the other creation stories within Genesis.

Your idea about an expanding universe is a Johnny come lately. Seventeen times the Bible tells us the universe is expanding.

God's Word teaches the earth started out cool. Evolutionists say it started out hot. God says it will end hot. Evolutionists say it will end cold.

Evolutionists constantly change their theories. God's Word doesn't. Evolutionary Ph.D scientists switch to creation every year. Can you name one Ph.D creationist who has become an Evolutionists?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by DBT
Righteous works do count. Righteous works don"t count.....

Well, it seems that you don’t get it or perhaps you are deliberately choosing “not to understand.”

Doing right things…. Doing “good works” ….. being a “good guy who helps others” counts for zip when it comes to gaining salvation with God. What you think of yourself…. Good, bad, in between….does not matter when it comes to receiving God’s gift of salvation. Before receiving Christ, one is not part of the Body of Christ and as far as salvation is concerned, you have no spiritual relationship with God…… if one dies, he will be subject to judgment for his deeds and not allowed into heaven. This one’s …. Sin…. Is a barrier to having fellowship with God.

BUT….. after one receives the Spirit…. Becomes born again….. THEN…. Let me repeat….THEN…. Good works matter a great deal…..good works…. Especially good work performed at the direction of the Holy Spirit….are most pleasing to God and matter a great deal…..to Him. This born again person has had his sins forgiven and covered “by the blood” sacrifice provided by Jesus at the cross. God has “breathed life” to this one and the Spirit of God resides within him. He has been made a part of the Body of Christ.

When the Father looks upon this person, in effect, He sees him as a member of the Body…. The Father does not count sin against him as Jesus….the perfect sacrifice for sin…. Has paid the sin price…. Covered over the man’s sin by His blood.

NOTE…….Christians on earth are still living in a corrupt and sinful body and there is still a “sin battle” going on within. Read Romans 7 for more info……So, here you have a forgiven man…. Having the indwelling of the Spirit…. But still in a worldly body of flesh. Does this man sin? Yes….. when the Father looks at him, He sees the spiritual man “in Jesus” and this man is indeed holy and blameless in the Father’s eyes. Yes, when a Christian sins, there are indeed consequences for that sin….. (I know I have suffered various consequences for my sin, but can go to God for forgiveness and go on, looking forward to the day of my death and “release”)

NOTE….. when this born again man dies, he leaves the sinful body behind and receives a new “Christ like” body and joins Jesus in heaven.

So, DBT…….I suspect that this will seem like nonsense to you as you give no evidence of being born of God.

My advice and my prayer is that you turn to God ….. and in humility…. ask for enlightening. If you do, He will indeed answer. In fact, I would say that He is eager to not only hear from you, but eager to respond.

Basic logic.

If we are told that something does not count, it cannot be logically said that it does count. It can be one or the other, but not both.

If we are told that works do not count (salvation is purely though grace), saying that 'works do count' (a person is justified by works and not by faith alone) the latter clearly contradicts the former: 'works do not count.'

One or the other may be true, but both cannot be true. That's how logic works.

As usual, you are totally wrong. A basketball ball player may make a basket during warmup, but if the time of play has not started, that basket does not count. If the clock has started and play has begun, he can the same or similar shot and the basket counts.

Simple….. but you fail to grasp works done for one’s own glory before salvation and one’s work in league with God after salvation.

Surely you can see that…..

But…. Also as per usual, you cannot admit your error for admit your erroneous interpretations.

Meh…. sos

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

IC B3

I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
Certainly. But the fact remains that as regenerate men we remain sinners. We are not free of the fallen nature. I can’t remember the exact text but recall the scripture where the repentant asked when did we do this? Jesus answered “when you did this to the least”.

A lot of people parrot the idea that we are to “be doing good deeds”. I don’t disagree with this. However, the food that we do is given to us as the fruit of the spirit rather than the things what we “actively set out to do”.

I can’t get away from the scripture in John 15 and Galatians. I can’t cause fruit to bear on myself if I am a branch on the vine which is Christ. Any good that comes from me is not of me. That’s the idea behind why I need to repent of what I think is good. What I think is good probably isn’t because it’s likely from me rather than from the Spirit.

I’m a sinner.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by IZH27
Certainly. But the fact remains that as regenerate men we remain sinners. We are not free of the fallen nature. I can’t remember the exact text but recall the scripture where the repentant asked when did we do this? Jesus answered “when you did this to the least”.

A lot of people parrot the idea that we are to “be doing good deeds”. I don’t disagree with this. However, the food that we do is given to us as the fruit of the spirit rather than the things what we “actively set out to do”.

I can’t get away from the scripture in John 15 and Galatians. I can’t cause fruit to bear on myself if I am a branch on the vine which is Christ. Any good that comes from me is not of me. That’s the idea behind why I need to repent of what I think is good. What I think is good probably isn’t because it’s likely from me rather than from the Spirit.

I’m a sinner.

Well, ok…. You’re a sinner….. but, lest you think you are special, I am too.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
We are all worm dirt in the end. I know many like to feel they are God's special creature, but we are upright walking animals that have an inflated opinion of ourselves.

You live, you die, period.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
"I don't get it" because I see with clarity since I was never indoctrinated, and appreciate skepticism and critical thinking. Do you get that?
Here is what I get.

You may have missed a good opportunity - but missing indoctrination does not automatically indicate that a person sees clearly, appreciates skepticism and thinks critically. I know some unindoctrinated folks who can't or don't do the above.

Then again, I know some who were indoctrinated and who also see very clearly, appreciate skepticism and are excellent critical thinkers.

Experience says that indoctrination may not matter much, or at all. On the other hand, self-honesty can be a big asset.

Most people will use skepticism and critical thinking for most parts of their daily lives, but not so with their religious beliefs. Those that do so honestly however typically become atheists - there's plenty to be found on various channels and forums.

People can be fooled, especially children where indoctrination works well, because they are told to believe without any real reason to believe, just believe. Threats of eternal damnation may help negate those wandering, inquisitive young minds.

Seems to me that you have bought into a satanic lie and cannot see that you have been fooled, you are also “indoctrinated.”

Well, someday, you will see the light….. I hope it’s not simply because you “feel the heat.”

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by JakeDog
We are all worm dirt in the end. I know many like to feel they are God's special creature, but we are upright walking animals that have an inflated opinion of ourselves.

You live, you die, period.

Not on tha innanet, tho.

Ya just come back as another loser suck puppet.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

And also the abundance of helium in the universe is evidence that supports the big bang theory as those conditions required within the first few minutes after the big bang to produce it.

Well?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You made the negative proclamation, but you do not answer the logical question. Why not?

I feel that there must be many who can explain what their soul is, but they may not be inclined to attempt that with an insensitive naysayer. If they do not claim that you have no soul, they owe you nothing in the way of rationale or proof. They may already have experienced that there is little or no good to be gained by sincerely sharing with people who are simply seeking to make a negative argument.

I can understand that, if a person claims to be atheist, they may have little or no sense of soul or any felt need for a soul. You proclaim that you do not have one. How do you know that? Just send in the proof for your position.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
There is plenty of evidence to support the Big Bang.

Curious.....name one...

You'll need to be prepared to educate yourself and there are plenty of resources out there to help you.

There will be the topic of observational evidence that includes the expansion of the universe, cosmic background radiation and nucleosynthesis.
No answer...thought so...

Refer IndyCA35’s excellent response above.

I tried to lead you to self-research but you seem to be quick to give up and put your head in the sand.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by TF49
"I don't get it" because I see with clarity since I was never indoctrinated, and appreciate skepticism and critical thinking. Do you get that?
Here is what I get.

You may have missed a good opportunity - but missing indoctrination does not automatically indicate that a person sees clearly, appreciates skepticism and thinks critically. I know some unindoctrinated folks who can't or don't do the above.

Then again, I know some who were indoctrinated and who also see very clearly, appreciate skepticism and are excellent critical thinkers.

Experience says that indoctrination may not matter much, or at all. On the other hand, self-honesty can be a big asset.

Most people will use skepticism and critical thinking for most parts of their daily lives, but not so with their religious beliefs. Those that do so honestly however typically become atheists - there's plenty to be found on various channels and forums.

People can be fooled, especially children where indoctrination works well, because they are told to believe without any real reason to believe, just believe. Threats of eternal damnation may help negate those wandering, inquisitive young minds.

Seems to me that you have bought into a satanic lie and cannot see that you have been fooled, you are also “indoctrinated.”

Well, someday, you will see the light….. I hope it’s not simply because you “feel the heat.”

Not at all. The gods, devils and hellfire exist in your mind, not mine.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
You made the negative proclamation, but you do not answer the logical question. Why not?

I feel that there must be many who can explain what their soul is, but they may not be inclined to attempt that with an insensitive naysayer. If they do not claim that you have no soul, they owe you nothing in the way of rationale or proof. They may already have experienced that there is little or no good to be gained by sincerely sharing with people who are simply seeking to make a negative argument.

I can understand that, if a person claims to be atheist, they may have little or no sense of soul or any felt need for a soul. You proclaim that you do not have one. How do you know that? Just send in the proof for your position.

Given that the soul is meant to be such a profound part of who I am, I have not experienced anything that can't be explained by natural processes (bio-chemical, psychology etc). There is no extra supernatural component to explain why/how I act and many contradictory accounts that preclude the existence of a separate soul. Refer examples of getting drunk, brain injured people, people with dementia etc. At least in my experience absence of evidence is evidence of absence.

You guys with souls must be special, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. What does your soul do when you sleep?

Well?
Page 8 of 36 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 35 36

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

119 members (44mc, 10Glocks, 7887mm08, AussieGunWriter, B52RadarNav, 35, 9 invisible), 1,429 guests, and 838 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,253
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.