Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 36 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 35 36
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by CCCC
Raspy, based on his behavior here, you are on target with mauserand9mm - he must have issues. But, maybe not so much "communication" - maybe more like faking or hypocrisy. He talks so big about valuing and needing "evidence" for his logic, but when another poster asks him to provide evidence regarding one of his questionable claims, he seems unwilling or unable to do so. What does such behavior symbolize?

Thanks CCCC....he'll come around....I like Aussies, they helped us a lot in the past big wars. I think that deep down, he is someone I would trust in a foxhole...

Illegitimi non carborundum

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The issue is faith. That faith is a poor means of sorting fact from fiction. An absence of evidence does not support a justified conviction, nor does redefining evidence to suit one's needs alter the terms of justification.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by IZH27
Originally Posted by antlers
I do believe that the day will come when all of us will stand before God and give an account of our works, good or bad. For those who also believe this, do you wlyour own good works…despite your sin…to earn your salvation diminishes, in any way, the work that Jesus did for you on the cross…?

I’ve heard that most of My life. Yet, Paul says that there is NO CONDEMNATION to those who are in Christ,

If there is no condemnation there is no guilt. If there is no guilt how can there be judgement?

There is the concept that only the lost will be judged for their sin..... at the Great White Throne judgment. Members of the Body of Christ... if they are even in attendance, will only be observers.

Believers will appear at the Bema Seat judgment. There are those who hold that the believers will only be judged for the "quality" of their works.

See 1 Corinthians 3:10-15.

It would be hard to be judged for much if your sins are forgiven I figure. When you ask forgiveness and HE forgives you, doesnt HE say they are forgotten?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
mauserand9mm........In my opinion the Big Bang Theory is, rad, awesome and brilliant. It makes me happy and grateful that there great minds out there who are working towards understanding things and so that we learn and can work to make life better for us all. Generally humble people who don't rely on donations for faith healing to fund their works.

I like it....thanks

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by irfubar
The millions praying for Trumps victory, didn't seem to work?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DBT
The issue is faith. That faith is a poor means of sorting fact from fiction. An absence of evidence does not support a justified conviction, nor does redefining evidence to suit one's needs alter the terms of justification.

Kinda agree.....but you can’t see wind – but it exists – because of the evidence....

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Raspy
Originally Posted by DBT

Kinda agree.....but you can’t see wind – but it exists – because of the evidence....

Wind is detectable. Air is detectable.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

And God is most certainly detectable….. but one has to seek and search….

Seek and find…… Don’t seek….don’t find.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Faith is for me detectable....I can certainly feel it.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by IZH27
Originally Posted by antlers
I do believe that the day will come when all of us will stand before God and give an account of our works, good or bad. For those who also believe this, do you wlyour own good works…despite your sin…to earn your salvation diminishes, in any way, the work that Jesus did for you on the cross…?

I’ve heard that most of My life. Yet, Paul says that there is NO CONDEMNATION to those who are in Christ,

If there is no condemnation there is no guilt. If there is no guilt how can there be judgement?

There is the concept that only the lost will be judged for their sin..... at the Great White Throne judgment. Members of the Body of Christ... if they are even in attendance, will only be observers.

Believers will appear at the Bema Seat judgment. There are those who hold that the believers will only be judged for the "quality" of their works.

See 1 Corinthians 3:10-15.

It would be hard to be judged for much if your sins are forgiven I figure. When you ask forgiveness and HE forgives you, doesnt HE say they are forgotten?

Seems that way to me… the Bema Seat is perhaps like a review of “what you did with the gifts and assignments that I gave to you.” That is…. The good works you did at my behest and in my behalf….. not a “sin” judging,

So…..This seems not to be any judgment of sin…. But… I am still studying on this subject and some may hold to different views….ok.

There is some logic when a believer says “I am holy.” Study of 2 Corinthians 5:21 is interesting…. Christ’ death on the cross substituted our sin for His righteousness. God looks at us….. so to speak…. And sees us as holy and without sin while we yet walk on this earth and sin in our flesh….. seems we sin in our flesh but are righteous in Spirit. (I’m still working on my understanding of this.)

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I need read less here, and read my Bible more.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

God is not detectable in the same way as air or other physical phenomena, objective, testable, falsifiable. Those who believe assume a creator because the world is complex and it is assumed that this couldn't have came about without a creator. Faith, not science or philosophy.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Faith is for me detectable....I can certainly feel it.

The existence of faith is not being questioned. Belief can be expressed, heard or read and examined whenever someone shares their convictions. People have faith, no doubt.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
And not to forget to mention that many people find god, but it's not always the same god. Must be more than one.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
And not to forget to mention that many people find god, but it's not always the same god. Must be more than one.

Everyone has a god, it may or may not be God.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

God is not detectable in the same way as air or other physical phenomena, objective, testable, falsifiable. Those who believe assume a creator because the world is complex and it is assumed that this couldn't have came about without a creator. Faith, not science or philosophy.

Of course God it detectable in the “same way.” God is spirit….

Nothing have said is anything but whining that God does not reveal Himself in a manner that you demand.

Here is truth for you….. God is real…. There is ample evidence for the existence of God that you reject BECAUSE you don’t DESiRE God…..

the soul is real, just close your eyes for a moment and reflect…..Think about yourself, your personality, your desires, your characteristics…think about what makes you unique and different from everybody else…..might that be “you”… your soul..not just “brain function?

More truth….. you are a created being…. God created and breathed life into you…. He loves His creation and He loves you!

More truth… men make choices about God….. they choose “God” or “Reject God.”

More truth…. You have no idea about “faith.” You don’t grasp the concept and always revert back to your own limited definition of faith.

“Faith is the substance….substance… of things hoped for…..”

You can a lot of faith…. A little faith or no faith….. my faith is as real as sunshine.

You may want to step back and reconsider….. perhaps most if not all of what you believe may be false.

Last edited by TF49; 06/12/22.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Nope…wrong thinking…..some people find “no God” …. Some people find the true God in “Jesus” and some people find some sort of satanic counterfeit and end up believing a lie.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
The above position may very well be useful for the person who has no knowledge or direct experience with the dynamics of faith.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Nope…wrong thinking…..some people find “no God” …. Some people find the true God in “Jesus” and some people find some sort of satanic counterfeit and end up believing a lie.

Everybody says that their god is the real god, oddly it's normally the one that they've been led to believe in, and there's geographic correlation with the particular god believed in. Must be more than one.

Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Of course God it detectable in the “same way.” God is spirit….

Nothing have said is anything but whining that God does not reveal Himself in a manner that you demand.

Here is truth for you….. God is real…. There is ample evidence for the existence of God that you reject BECAUSE you don’t DESiRE God…..

the soul is real, just close your eyes for a moment and reflect…..Think about yourself, your personality, your desires, your characteristics…think about what makes you unique and different from everybody else…..might that be “you”… your soul..not just “brain function?

More truth….. you are a created being…. God created and breathed life into you…. He loves His creation and He loves you!

More truth… men make choices about God….. they choose “God” or “Reject God.”

More truth…. You have no idea about “faith.” You don’t grasp the concept and always revert back to your own limited definition of faith.

“Faith is the substance….substance… of things hoped for…..”

You can a lot of faith…. A little faith or no faith….. my faith is as real as sunshine.

You may want to step back and reconsider….. perhaps most if not all of what you believe may be false.

What you detect is your own perception and idea of God. An experienced that's shaped by what you have have grown up with, heard and read about God. Those that are born and raised in other cultures have different experiences.

If God was objectively detectable, like the things of the material world, there would be no debate, everybody would believe.

Page 11 of 36 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 35 36

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1234, 160user, 57 invisible), 1,899 guests, and 1,107 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,877
Posts18,497,701
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.