Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Raspy
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm

Hmm….using the term “dickheads.”

Well, we’ll see……

Yes it is, but we are talking about heavy water...Deuterium is very rare in free state...In other words, 99.98% of hydrogen in the ocean is protium and only 0.0156% is deuterium (or 0.0312% by mass)....that is why cccc said heavy water...oh, and i will not call you a dickhead.

Deuterium is a gas. Heavy water is a compound that is formed using Deuterium but is no longer Deuterium, because that’s an element and it’s a gas. It’s like incorrectly calling water “hydrogen” because it contains hydrogen. Simple as that.

You guys love to argue no matter how wrong you are.

The premise that god created Deuterium, heavy water, hydrogen and water is still invalid.

Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by antlers
So he called y’all “dickheads” when HE didn’t know what ‘heavy water’ is, even though the article he referenced in his derogatory post clearly described ‘heavy water’ as deuterium oxide (D2O)…?

lol

Deuterium is a gas. Heavy water is a compound that is formed using Deuterium but is no longer Deuterium, because that’s an element and it’s a gas. It’s like incorrectly calling water “hydrogen” because it contains hydrogen. Simple as that.

The premise that god created Deuterium, heavy water, hydrogen and water is still invalid.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by CCCC
Raspy - now, apply the kicker evidence - reveal that the wet stuff in the street is not only water - it is very real and very heavy water, as proven by the chemical test determining that it is Deuterium.
Of course....but the atheist do not know that....

It's a gas, dickheads

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deuterium

mauserand9mm
, you can be as gross and vulgar as you wish - that simply reveals more of your nature.

You so missed the mark with Deuterium - if you don't have such knowledge and are going to seek and quote Wikipedia for your "evidence and proof" - it may help if you read it all and comprehend it.

So, the evidence was a kicker, wasn't it? And, you made yourself the kickee. You claim to rely so heavily on "evidence" - which can turn out to be a heavy burden in these circumstances.

Should we expect additional vulgarity - as evidenced earlier? Does the devil make you do it?

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by TF49
If the streets are wet, it has rained recently. (premise)
The streets are wet. (premise)
Therefore, it has rained recently. (conclusion)
This argument is logically valid. But its premises are not always true. The first premise can be false – someone could have hosed down the streets, a street cleaner could have passed, the local river could have flooded, and so on. A simple logical analysis will not reveal the error in this argument, since that analysis assumes that all the argument's premises are true. For this reason, an argument based on false premises can be much more difficult to refute, or even discuss, than one featuring a normal logical error, as the truth of its premises must be established to the satisfaction of all parties.

Wrong. The "streets are wet" is an observation only. Water made the street wet is a solid premise. God made the street wet is an invalid premise.

Raspy - now, apply the kicker evidence - reveal that the wet stuff in the street is not only water - it is very real and very heavy water, as proven by the chemical test determining that it is Deuterium.

It's a gas, dickheads

Hmm….using the term “dickheads.”

Well, we’ll see……

It's an apt, colloquial term that we use on those that we have to repeatedly point out simple facts to, especially those that love to argue no matter how wrong they are.

Well?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I first read CCCC’s clear reference to “heavy water” when the subject was first mentioned by him, and then he referenced the “Deuterium” that made it so, it was pretty clear to me what he was talking about.

Your crawfishin’ doesn’t change that.

Accusing others of derogatory name-calling when they call names…but when you do the same (you called em’ “dickheads”) it’s simply “an apt, colloquial term that we use on those that we have to repeatedly point out simple facts to”…is more than a little bit hypocritical.

Your crawfishin’ doesn’t change that either.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B2

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not only continuing to argue while being a bit wrong, but when it comes to the very foundation of religion, the nature and significance of faith, blatantly wrong.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

It's a gas, dickheads

mauserand9mm
, you can be as gross and vulgar as you wish - that simply reveals more of your nature.

You so missed the mark with Deuterium - if you don't have such knowledge and are going to seek and quote Wikipedia for your "evidence and proof" - it may help if you read it all and comprehend it.

So, the evidence was a kicker, wasn't it? And, you made yourself the kickee. You claim to rely so heavily on "evidence" - which can turn out to be a heavy burden in these circumstances.

Should we expect additional vulgarity - as evidenced earlier? Does the devil make you do it?

Good one CCCC

Illegitimi non carborundum

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DBT
Not only continuing to argue while being a bit wrong, but when it comes to the very foundation of religion, the nature and significance of faith, blatantly wrong.

Blah Blah Blah....you believe what you think, and I'll believe what the God of the bible espouses.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
[video:youtube]Hank Williams Sr... I Saw The Light - 1948[/video]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by wabigoon
[video:youtube]Hank Williams Sr... I Saw The Light - 1948[/video]

IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Thank you kind Sir!

It's so simple. Jesus Loved Us First.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

Blah Blah Blah....you believe what you think, and I'll believe what the God of the bible espouses.

It's not what I believe, but how things are and how the world works....the simple fact being that theology is a matter of faith, and we have countless opposing theologies that are based on faith.

It's there for anyone to see...if you are willing. Clearly, many are not willing.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

It's not what I believe, but how things are and how the world works....the simple fact being that theology is a matter of faith, and we have countless opposing theologies that are based on faith.

It's there for anyone to see...if you are willing. Clearly, many are not willing.

Your "theology" is based on faith too. Your just too obtuse to notice it.

Tarquin
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Your "theology" is based on faith too. Your just too obtuse to notice it.

I don't have a theology. Your lament makes it clear that you don"t know what the word means.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a question and don't want to start a new thread. Considering that "remember the sabbath, to keep it holy" was one of the big ten and then Constantine on March 7, 321AD decreed the venerable day of the Sun as the sabbath. Which is the true sabbath? I understand the "Christian" explanation would be that it was changed to the day of the week Jesus resurrected but that doesn't quite wash.

The sabbath it seems is quite important to our creator although Jesus did straighten out some folks that carried sabbath observance beyond reason. I consider sundown Friday until sundown Saturday the Sabbath and at least make a pretty good stab at observing it along with Jewish dietary law. My soon is studying Judaism and tells me my diet isn't Kosher but I'm working on it.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The seventh day is not Sunday.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Who cares…? It’s not God’s command for Christians to observe the sabbath.

Jesus’ New Covenant followers aren’t bound by ‘any’ aspect of the Mosaic Law. Not 613 commandments. And not 10 commandments.

Jesus Himself said that “all of it” is covered by simply loving God and loving others. Period.

Makes sense to me to honor and worship God every day, not just on what one considers to be the sabbath.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Apostle Peter believed what he did because of what he saw with his own eyes. Period. It had zero to do with theology.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jesus quoted in Matthew 19 "If you want to enter life, keep the commandments"

Another question I have is did Jesus insinuate reincarnation? Might explain how some people that lived and died in abysmal ignorance could come back and have a shot at hearing the gospel believing in Jesus.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
Jesus quoted in Matthew 19 "If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”
But on the night of His arrest He said: “I am establishing a brand New Covenant.”

And He took Passover…the most sacred meal that a Jew could have…and said “from now on when you celebrate this meal, you think about Me.”

That’s a pretty stark way for Jesus to emphasize the importance of the New Covenant.

The old covenant (with the Hebrews) was designed to expire when Jesus came and inaugurated the New Covenant (with the whole world).

The writer of Hebrews says, “By calling this covenant ‘new,’ He has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.”

Makes no sense to me to reach back to an inferior covenant with inferior promises…and pick out the parts you like or that suit your purposes…when God has given us a better covenant with better promises.

Page 24 of 36 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 35 36

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (1minute, 222Sako, 22250rem, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 16penny, 56 invisible), 2,659 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,915
Posts18,498,329
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.