Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 33 of 36 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 36
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RickyD
Almost 95% of the worlds population believe in a god, A Supreme being that created life itself. The other 5% are atheists and scientists. LOL

51% of the worlds population believes in THE God, our God.

The Bible tells us in Psalms 14:1 that the fools of this world believe in their hearts there is no god. And in Romans 1:22-23: 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools, 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images of mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.

In Luke 9:5 we are told by Jesus: And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them.

Shake that dust off, Brothers. These creatures are inconsequential, irrelevant, and without hope. Darwin's god was Satan and so is theirs, whether they know it or not. Ignore them as they are ignorant and totally undiscerning but tremendously deceiving. If you think you need to acknowledge them at all, let it be a "get behind me Satan" as did Jesus did when Peter was talking foolishly.

At one time, pretty much the whole world believed that the earth was stationary and at the centre of the universe, with the sun moon and stars moving across the sky. What people believe to be true is not necessarily true. Which is why science is not based on faith or conviction without evidence.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CAPITALIST
M9MM and DBT; I've *CITED* many facts and sources... to which you've offered not a single rebuttal other than how intellecutally impossible God could be... not a single rebuttal.
1. 2nd law of thermodynamics
2. The law of conservation of mass and energy
3. Jericho has been found having had the tops of the walls *pushed down as one unit until they were at the same level as the foundations of the buildings*
4. Sodom and Gomorrah have been found destroyed by sulpur (ever asked what the Hebrew meaning of "fire and brimstone" actually was?)
5. Noah's Ark was found having slid down Mount Ararat with very clear trenching showing its original placement... at the top
6. Gold-covered *chariot wheels* were discovered at the *BOTTOM OF THE RED SEA*! Roughly 220 MILES away from their beginning in Egypt
7. Human femurs were found in the 1950's that were over *5 FEET LONG*! HUMAN FEMURS!
8. Fossils from dinosaurs have been located *many* times with *SOFT TISSUE STILL INTACT*!!! How could *SOFT TISSUE* still exist after 65,000,000 years? It couldn't
9. Marco Polo wrote *SUCCINCT* descriptions of seeing *LIVE ANIMALS* exactly matching Tyrannosaurus Rex around 1,295 A.D. or roughly 65,001,295 years *AFTER MODERN SCIENCE SAYS THEY WERE EXTINCT*
10. The simple *FLAP* inside your body going between the larynx and the trachea - called the epiglottis - without which you *DIE. FIRST MEAL. DEAD!* So where's the time for this to be *EVOLVED*
11. ZERO FOSSIL RECORD EVIDENCE SUPPORTS *SPECIATION* only *ADAPTATION*
12. You both display every single symptom of defending of religious beliefs! hahahahaha I had to throw that in! hahahahaha

Not a single rebuttal, and there's *THOUSANDS* more that could be cited right behind them, but I'm not holding my breath any of these will be rebutted... *AGAIN*, just tell me to supply you with scientific fact... You've already done it.

The issue of justification has nothing to do with ''intellectually impossible'' - you are setting your own terms.

The issue is about evidence or its absence. Always has been and always will be.

In this instance, the absence of evidence......the very reason you don't believe in the existence of Zeus, Odin, Brahman, etc, etc......with atheists, it's just a matter of one less god.

Any reasonable person would accept the reality of God or gods if there was evidence to establish their existence.

Nobody argues over established facts, just matters of faith, claims that cannot be shown to be true using evidence.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
M9MM and DBT; I've *CITED* many facts and sources... to which you've offered not a single rebuttal other than how intellecutally impossible God could be... not a single rebuttal.
3. Jericho has been found having had the tops of the walls *pushed down as one unit until they were at the same level as the foundations of the buildings*
4. Sodom and Gomorrah have been found destroyed by sulpur (ever asked what the Hebrew meaning of "fire and brimstone" actually was?)
5. Noah's Ark was found having slid down Mount Ararat with very clear trenching showing its original placement... at the top
6. Gold-covered *chariot wheels* were discovered at the *BOTTOM OF THE RED SEA*! Roughly 220 MILES away from their beginning in Egypt
7. Human femurs were found in the 1950's that were over *5 FEET LONG*! HUMAN FEMURS!
8. Fossils from dinosaurs have been located *many* times with *SOFT TISSUE STILL INTACT*!!! How could *SOFT TISSUE* still exist after 65,000,000 years? It couldn't
9. Marco Polo wrote *SUCCINCT* descriptions of seeing *LIVE ANIMALS* exactly matching Tyrannosaurus Rex around 1,295 A.D. or roughly 65,001,295 years *AFTER MODERN SCIENCE SAYS THEY WERE EXTINCT*
10. The simple *FLAP* inside your body going between the larynx and the trachea - called the epiglottis - without which you *DIE. FIRST MEAL. DEAD!* So where's the time for this to be *EVOLVED*
11. ZERO FOSSIL RECORD EVIDENCE SUPPORTS *SPECIATION* only *ADAPTATION*
12. You both display every single symptom of defending of religious beliefs! hahahahaha I had to throw that in! hahahahaha

Not a single rebuttal, and there's *THOUSANDS* more that could be cited right behind them, but I'm not holding my breath any of these will be rebutted... *AGAIN*, just tell me to supply you with scientific fact... You've already done it.

That's a total load of crap. Normal people would be too embarrassed to make claims like you have done.

Just remember that the premise that god created anything continues to be invalid.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
"John 3:16"

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn

No! None of that is true. Ron Wyatt was a quack that even the other quacks thought was a crazy con artist.

AIG refutes Ron Wyatt

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Brakeman97

No! None of that is true. Ron Wyatt was a quack that even the other quacks thought was a crazy con artist.

AIG refutes Ron Wyatt

If you do enough reading you will discover everyone is refuted by someone. That includes ALL evolutions and creationists. So, you like the rest of us have to by faith believe what we believe since we are not scientists who go to the fields or go to the labs. We parrot what we read or hear in lectures.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by Brakeman97

AIG refutes Ron Wyatt

If you do enough reading you will discover everyone is refuted by someone. That includes ALL evolutions and creationists. So, you like the rest of us have to by faith believe what we believe since we are not scientists who go to the fields or go to the labs. We parrot what we read or hear in lectures.

So Ron Wyatt, whose claims were dismissed by the Southern Baptist Convention, dismissed by AIG, dismissed by the Catholic church and by every other mainstream church despite their prayers and desire to find these true artifacts, should be believed by the campfire crew because the Christian scientists sent by these groups aren't good enough to divide god's truth from Satan's deception, according to you. You think we should believe a charlatan with no proof other than bad photoshop. Do you not realize where this would lead? If you witness to a person with these false witnesses, and the person discovers your misleading falsehoods, do you think they will believe other claims about Jesus??

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
I've got 2 comical paradigm shifts that happened to me that I'd like to use to demonstrate a point:

1. I've always been told (since younger than I can remember) that I looked exactly like my Dad. He was almost 6' tall with a very large bone-structure and the muscle to go along with it. I'm 5'6" and smaller structured (I'm not "small" by any means, just smaller than he was). Yet, because of what everyone said, I guess I just assumed that my head was as big as his (again, this began very young) and I just never questioned it. I bought a sweet sport bike when I was 37 (a blue and white Yamaha R1) and I was absolutely shocked that a large helmet that came with the bike could almost be turned all the way around with my head installed... it was huge on me. My older brother then pointed something out that I'd never heard before: "You've got a tiny head"... HUH? The very next morning in the shower while washing my hair, I noticed how small my head was... for the first time in 37 years I didn't have the over-sized cranial structure of my father, even though it was never there to begin with! hahahaha

and 2. I've never liked gambling. I work - and always have worked - very hard for my earnings and never even bought lottery tickets (except once when the power ball got over $1 billion and my wife wanted one... I still did not want it). Then I went to a seminar for investing in the stock market... long story short, over the next 4 years I'd blown over $40,000 and realized - to my own horror - that I displayed every single symptom of an addicted gambler and most of them of an addicted drug abuser. I had to investigate all of the information from all sides to intelligently evaluate my "truths" in both of these examples, though the latter was a much larger blow to mentally absorb... okay, maybe this one wasn't "comical".

With those examples, I'm postulating that for several generations, schools have not just been teaching, but *indoctrinating* the very similarly susceptible minds of the youth that the only possibility of truth is in their version of "science" and any discussion otherwise would be dealt with by immediately shaming the intellecutal acuity of those youths, thereby "teaching them lessons" against ever practicing true science with the exploration of all possible information... these also are lessons that won't soon be questioned.

I've seen many of Richard Dawkins' debates. One in particular was with Frank Turek who cited dozens of absolutely indisputeable scientific facts who then earnestly requested that Mr. Dawkins present any evidence that could refute these facts. Dawkins wasn't even listening (or he was ignoring)... not one morsal of evidence cited for refutation (even though Turek had soundly addressed each of those posed by Dawkins); only harsh criticisms of how "dumb" Christians were for believing the impossibility of God. The very same science proves them wrong on every front.

Ray Comfort (a simple New Zealand street-preacher who now lives in California) made a few videos in which he interviewed several other giants of evolutionary theory: P.Z. Myers, Craig Stanford, Gail Kennedy, Peter Nonacs and yes, Penn Gillette. He *stumped* them with the most simplistic of questions and truths. He was *not* there to badger them into accepting Christ or even accepting the possibility of Him. He was sincerely (and lovingly) trying to lead them to the Truth by pointing out the most basic of scientific facts espoused by all genres of study. He was using the same science to prove them and their conclusions to be at the minimum suspect and in reality, not even possible. Not one had even a smidgeon of a retort and many had long pauses of incredulity (like my helmet experience!) Penn Gillette even threatened to sue him if his reactions were put on the internet.

A third shift occurred to a good friend of mine. He was a black belt in Karate before he was 16 years old. He professed it was like, "fighting inside a box" and didn't like it even though he was state champion at the time (about 17 or so). I was just beginning in a Chinese art that was much more fluid and which he was very intrigued by when I demonstrated it to him... but he was so invested in his rank, that he couldn't allow himself to be freed from his own "box" that he had helped to build.

Romans 1:22 "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things"

I really want everyone who believes in evolution to ask themselves 3 questions:
1. Am I positive that evolution is true?
2. Do I feel disgust or even pity for others who don't believe in evolution?
3. Do I vehemently defend evolution to those who believe otherwise?

If you answered "Yes" to these questions, understand that just as I had no idea that I was gambling (I wasn't "gambling", it was the *stock market* for Pete's sake!), you haven't yet realized that evolution is absolutely your religion. You answered "Yes" to those questions and if you replaced the word "Evolution" with "Christ" I would've answered "Yes" to every one of them, also. Yes, you are religious, and you should be scientifically evalutaing your "truths" just as I have mine (and continue to). Again, the Smithsonian Institution spent years trying to prove The Bible wrong. There were things they couldn't prove or disprove (a talking donkey?!!!), but for everything that could be verified ...it was ...every time. That's science that I can take comfort in.

If I'm wrong what have I lost? If you're wrong, I'm praying sincerely for you.

If anyone can disprove evolution, they should go for it.

A more lively topic would be the “proof” of evolution….. why don’t you start a new thread with the “proofs” of evolution?

And don’t in with that weak ass fruit fly nonsense…. That is not evolution, that is just evolutionist renaming normal genetic variation….this was done, presumably as there is little…. Perhaps…no…evidence for evolutionary change.

May start with the evolution of the horse?

It's been done to death. The evidence for evolution is overwhelming, it is proven, it is readily available in journals, textbooks and online....it has been quoted and cited countless times....but of course rejected out of hand by those who prefer special creation, which has no evidence.

Nope, you are again totally wrong.

So, go ahead …. Give us some “proof.”

Try not to cut and paste…..

Edit to add:

Were I to tell you that the many OT prophecies regarding the Messiah were fulfilled in Jesus and that fulfillment was unequivocal proof that those prophesies were inspired and ordained by God….. would you accept that as proof that Jesus was indeed the Messiah?

If your answer is no….. care to explain why?

Repeating ''you are totally wrong'' like a mantra doesn't make it so.

I'm doing nothing more than pointing out the basics of logic, reason, philosophy and science. It's not even controversial.

It's a simple thing: observations are made, evidence is acquired and thoroughly analyzed and tested....which builds a picture of how the world works.

It's the most successful method of understanding the world, the universe and our place in it that we have ever had.

The results are spectacular. Astronomy, technology, chemistry, medicine surpassing anything anything found in our collection of holy books or faith in general.

The evidence is undeniable, even while you are using it to argue for faith.
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
I've got 2 comical paradigm shifts that happened to me that I'd like to use to demonstrate a point:

1. I've always been told (since younger than I can remember) that I looked exactly like my Dad. He was almost 6' tall with a very large bone-structure and the muscle to go along with it. I'm 5'6" and smaller structured (I'm not "small" by any means, just smaller than he was). Yet, because of what everyone said, I guess I just assumed that my head was as big as his (again, this began very young) and I just never questioned it. I bought a sweet sport bike when I was 37 (a blue and white Yamaha R1) and I was absolutely shocked that a large helmet that came with the bike could almost be turned all the way around with my head installed... it was huge on me. My older brother then pointed something out that I'd never heard before: "You've got a tiny head"... HUH? The very next morning in the shower while washing my hair, I noticed how small my head was... for the first time in 37 years I didn't have the over-sized cranial structure of my father, even though it was never there to begin with! hahahaha

and 2. I've never liked gambling. I work - and always have worked - very hard for my earnings and never even bought lottery tickets (except once when the power ball got over $1 billion and my wife wanted one... I still did not want it). Then I went to a seminar for investing in the stock market... long story short, over the next 4 years I'd blown over $40,000 and realized - to my own horror - that I displayed every single symptom of an addicted gambler and most of them of an addicted drug abuser. I had to investigate all of the information from all sides to intelligently evaluate my "truths" in both of these examples, though the latter was a much larger blow to mentally absorb... okay, maybe this one wasn't "comical".

With those examples, I'm postulating that for several generations, schools have not just been teaching, but *indoctrinating* the very similarly susceptible minds of the youth that the only possibility of truth is in their version of "science" and any discussion otherwise would be dealt with by immediately shaming the intellecutal acuity of those youths, thereby "teaching them lessons" against ever practicing true science with the exploration of all possible information... these also are lessons that won't soon be questioned.

I've seen many of Richard Dawkins' debates. One in particular was with Frank Turek who cited dozens of absolutely indisputeable scientific facts who then earnestly requested that Mr. Dawkins present any evidence that could refute these facts. Dawkins wasn't even listening (or he was ignoring)... not one morsal of evidence cited for refutation (even though Turek had soundly addressed each of those posed by Dawkins); only harsh criticisms of how "dumb" Christians were for believing the impossibility of God. The very same science proves them wrong on every front.

Ray Comfort (a simple New Zealand street-preacher who now lives in California) made a few videos in which he interviewed several other giants of evolutionary theory: P.Z. Myers, Craig Stanford, Gail Kennedy, Peter Nonacs and yes, Penn Gillette. He *stumped* them with the most simplistic of questions and truths. He was *not* there to badger them into accepting Christ or even accepting the possibility of Him. He was sincerely (and lovingly) trying to lead them to the Truth by pointing out the most basic of scientific facts espoused by all genres of study. He was using the same science to prove them and their conclusions to be at the minimum suspect and in reality, not even possible. Not one had even a smidgeon of a retort and many had long pauses of incredulity (like my helmet experience!) Penn Gillette even threatened to sue him if his reactions were put on the internet.

A third shift occurred to a good friend of mine. He was a black belt in Karate before he was 16 years old. He professed it was like, "fighting inside a box" and didn't like it even though he was state champion at the time (about 17 or so). I was just beginning in a Chinese art that was much more fluid and which he was very intrigued by when I demonstrated it to him... but he was so invested in his rank, that he couldn't allow himself to be freed from his own "box" that he had helped to build.

Romans 1:22 "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things"

I really want everyone who believes in evolution to ask themselves 3 questions:
1. Am I positive that evolution is true?
2. Do I feel disgust or even pity for others who don't believe in evolution?
3. Do I vehemently defend evolution to those who believe otherwise?

If you answered "Yes" to these questions, understand that just as I had no idea that I was gambling (I wasn't "gambling", it was the *stock market* for Pete's sake!), you haven't yet realized that evolution is absolutely your religion. You answered "Yes" to those questions and if you replaced the word "Evolution" with "Christ" I would've answered "Yes" to every one of them, also. Yes, you are religious, and you should be scientifically evalutaing your "truths" just as I have mine (and continue to). Again, the Smithsonian Institution spent years trying to prove The Bible wrong. There were things they couldn't prove or disprove (a talking donkey?!!!), but for everything that could be verified ...it was ...every time. That's science that I can take comfort in.

If I'm wrong what have I lost? If you're wrong, I'm praying sincerely for you.

If anyone can disprove evolution, they should go for it.

A more lively topic would be the “proof” of evolution….. why don’t you start a new thread with the “proofs” of evolution?

And don’t in with that weak ass fruit fly nonsense…. That is not evolution, that is just evolutionist renaming normal genetic variation….this was done, presumably as there is little…. Perhaps…no…evidence for evolutionary change.

May start with the evolution of the horse?

It's been done to death. The evidence for evolution is overwhelming, it is proven, it is readily available in journals, textbooks and online....it has been quoted and cited countless times....but of course rejected out of hand by those who prefer special creation, which has no evidence.

Nope, you are again totally wrong.

So, go ahead …. Give us some “proof.”

Edit to add:

Were I to tell you that the many OT prophecies regarding the Messiah were fulfilled in Jesus and that fulfillment was unequivocal proof that those prophesies were inspired and ordained by God….. would you accept that as proof that Jesus was indeed the Messiah?

If your answer is no….. care to explain why?

Repeating ''you are totally wrong'' like a mantra doesn't make it so.

I'm doing nothing more than pointing out the basics of logic, reason, philosophy and science. It's not even controversial.

It's a simple thing: observations are made, evidence is acquired and thoroughly analyzed and tested....which builds a picture of how the world works.

It's the most successful method of understanding the world, the universe and our place in it that we have ever had.

The results are spectacular. Astronomy, technology, chemistry, medicine surpassing anything anything found in our collection of holy books or faith in general.

The evidence is undeniable, even while you are using it to argue for faith.

Ah yes…. Moar bafflegab and no proof.

And yes, you are still wrong.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

?

Reliance on the bible is an exercise of cut and paste.

Don’t like cut and paste?

Cut and paste is ok, if one can understand and make relevant comment on what has been “pasted and cut.”

You and DBT will once in awhile try to cut and paste a Bible verse but you have little idea of what message it brings.

I strongly suspect DBT has not sufficiently studied and researched the Bible nor evolution to develop his own independent thoughts or beliefs. Hence, he will not post what he considers to be “proof” of evolution in his own words.

He can no more competently discuss “proof” of evolution that he can competently discuss the Bible verses he will sometimes post.

Last edited by TF49; 07/19/22.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

?

Cut and paste is ok, if one can understand and make relevant comment on what has been “pasted and cut.”

You and DBT will once in awhile try to cut and paste a Bible verse but you have little idea of what message it brings.

I strongly suspect DBT has not sufficiently studied and researched the Bible nor evolution to develop his own independent thoughts or beliefs. Hence, he will not post what he considers to be “proof” of evolution in his own words.

He can no more competently discuss “proof” of evolution that he can competently discuss the Bible verses he will sometimes post.

So you don't like the cut and paste of the biblical verses because the ambiguous and contradictory nature becomes logically obvious, and you guys have to enact reading between the lines to ignore those lines to try and make them fit what you would like them to mean.

Wouldn't a god be angry that the words he/she/it inspired were so garbled and flawed?

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sorry I'm so late back to the party, I've been compiling this data in between work and responisbilities for almost 2 days, now. While I'm a BIG fan of AIG, I also know they try to score points with seculars by immediately condemning anything they can't immediately authenticate.

Among the several citations I've personally seen from the Smithsonian... not a single one exists any longer, so evidently they're no longer interested in the truth that they brought to the world. No worries, though, as it appears that they inspired many others before cowtowing.

By the way,

FROM THE U.S. SUN10/12/21 (pretty recently):
"The site was originally discovered in 1959 by Turkish army captain Ilhan Durupinar, who noticed the boat formation in aerial photographs of the area by the military. His discovery resulted in a brief period of international interest in the site.

The Durupinar site was later visited in person by controversial researcher Ron Wyatt in the 1970s through the 1990s.

His findings in favour of the site being Noah’s Ark caused other researchers, archaeologists, and scientists to examine the formation.

The new team boast their findings should force a reconsideration of the long-rumoured site by skeptics.

And they are hoping to carry out more scans at the site, followed by drilling and then excavations.
[img]https://www.the-sun.com/news/3725022/noahs-ark-buried-turkish-mountains-experts-3d-scans-prove/#[/img]

CHARIOT WHEELS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE RED SEA: youtube video showing coral formations that are impossible in nature, alone (not Ron Wyatt's account, but independantly verified by many others)

SODOM AND GOMORRAH (again, not Ron Wyatt's video, many other independant researchers confirm this). This man is a scientist and you can't listen to 5 minutes without knowing this is the actual place (notice he says that the sulphur *ISN'T* between the two cities... only directly on them, alone):

As for the bones, for as many that authenticate them, there's just as many that swear foul-play, so I'll not include it. So I'll include Charles Darwin's own words of his expectations for future bone-digs and how the finds would prove his *THEORY*:
"If my theory be true, numberless intermediate varieties, linking closely together all the species of the same group, must assuredly have existed” He continued: “The number of intermediate and transitional links between all living and extinct species must have been inconceivably great.” (emphasis mine)

Well, millions of finds later and there's still no bird-into-a-cat fossils or anything else for that matter.

Look at the specs for cro magnon and neanderthal and then examine footage of Andre the Giant. Tell me how "scientists" would classify his remains if they found them in 100 years. Why have they found both of these "species" as well as bones from "modern man" in the same caves around the same fire pits?

Absolutely none of the fossil records support speciation, only adaptation.

Last edited by CAPITALIST; 07/19/22. Reason: forgot one pic and cited the wrong source(whoops!)

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

"Normal" isn't coming back; Jesus is!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If those aren't sufficient, we'll just throw them out and focus on the others that were completely avoided in the last several posts:

11. ZERO FOSSIL RECORD EVIDENCE SUPPORTS *SPECIATION* only *ADAPTATION* I'm not including this in the "offer" that began this post. The myriad "weak" pre-species that didn't make it for every "strong" species that did make it would be *staggering* to say the least.

We actually (and sincerely) mean no disrespect. I'm fairly certain that I can speak for any one of us who profess Christianity that we're pleading with you to look past the "science" that's been so wrong so many times in the past and continue to be (look at covid and the numberless vaccine recommendations for Pete's sake). If you really are certain, then put your beliefs to the same test you hold to Christ. For just a little while, go at research in the mindset that science is wrong and Christ is right. If your original beliefs are sound, then this scientific trek will prove them out.

Or there's a better option. There's a movie about a highly successful investigative reporter for the Chicago Tribune (*VERY ATHEIST*) whose wife drank the coolaid and became a Christian. His name is Lee Strobel and he made the movie "The Case for Christ" after spending years trying to "save" his wife from these snake-oil salesmen. He traveled the country interviewing the most respected sources (many were atheists themselves) and goes through literally every argument from the Disciples stealing the body to Jesus not really dying, to Jesus not really ever existing.

Another fantastic resource is J. Warner Wallace who is one of the most acclaimed Homicide Detectives ever and has been a resource for many agencies across the country as well as "Dateline NBC" and other shows like it. He professes that he never visited a church other than weddings and funerals until he was 35 (again *VERY ATHEIST scientist*). He then went on a similar quest to "prove" or "disprove" the Gospels by treating Jesus and His death and resurrection as any other cold homicide. His book is "Cold-Case Christianity" and let's just say his evidence was overwhelming and indisputable by anyone including himself. He proved himself into Christianity.

And then there's the most unlikely of converts ever: The Apostle Paul. He would've been the equivalent to a *rock star* in the Jewish community and on the rise to possibly someday attaining the office of the High Priest (like the modern day POTUS). His mission was the *HUNTING OF CHRISTIANS* and he was sent on his way by the High Priest himself. His conversion makes absolutely no logical sense for any explanation other than his account of being visited by Christ. He lost *everything*, endured stonings, floggings, beatings and almost certainly his family disowning him (though his nephew did save his life once, but no other family of his is mentioned). He went from the high-persecutor to the lowest-persecutee in an instant. His account is in 2 Corinthians 11:16-33.

Just ask "Why?" about all of these. Why would any of these guys become the "vile deceivers" that they so loved to hate?

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Young earth creationism has no evidence. Refer to reputable scientific sources, not creation sites.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I get it. Sin can be dileriously fun and we don't want there to be God or conscience or penalties. We're like kids hiding their head under pillows yelling, "You can't see me!"

God is real, we do have a conscience (no matter how well we have stifled it) and there are consequences to our actions or lack thereof.

Like I said, put your beliefs under the microscope and watch that movie "A Case for Christ". Its not even 2 hours long and for most of the movie, you'll totally agree with him. Lee Strobel was in your same boat about 40 years ago or so.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

?

Ok….Mauser…. Let’s try this verse:

John 3:16

“For God so loved the world that he gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”

Care to tell what this says?

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Yes, John 3:16

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Gospel song?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I know Vince Gill wrote it, but you can't expect the Gaithers not to improve! I love this one with Charlotte in the lead

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
One last one and I must admit, this is my favorite version of Amazing Grace I've ever heard:

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by DBT
Young earth creationism has no evidence. Refer to reputable scientific sources, not creation sites.

I would share some simple but obvious evidence with you, but you are not worthy. Satan is your god and Hell will be your home.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Page 33 of 36 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 36

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 58 invisible), 2,468 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,454
Posts18,489,688
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.