Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 36 of 36 1 2 34 35 36
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Jesus gives a stern warning for those who didn’t receive the apostles that He sent because He already said that whoever doesn’t receive them, doesn’t receive the One Who had sent them which is why He said “but if it is not worthy, let your peace return to you. And if anyone will not receive you or listen to your words, shake off the dust from your feet when you leave that house or town. Truly, I say to you, it will be more bearable on the day of judgment for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah than for that town” (Matt 10:13b-15). The symbolism is that by shaking off the dust from their feet, they are showing that those in that town didn’t receive the message of the kingdom of heaven and that makes them unworthy. Anyone that rejects Jesus’ message can never be worthy to inherit eternal life but only worthy of the wrath of God (John 3:36b). If they neither listen to them nor receive them then the peace of God is to return to them because if no one believes in Christ, they don’t have what they need and that is the peace of God (Rom 5:1) and there is no condemnation lifted (Rom 8:1).

Why is it going to be more bearable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah than for those who reject Christ? That’s because they had the message of Christ first hand and so are without excuse. Jesus said that “For to the one who has, more will be given, and he will have an abundance, but from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away” (Matt 13:12) and much was given and that “much” was in the preaching of the kingdom of heaven. The dust will be used as a witness against them which makes sense of Luke’s statement “And wherever they do not receive you, when you leave that town shake off the dust from your feet as a testimony against them” (Luke 9:5).

Be a dust shaker, not a time waster.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
“Behold, scoffers, wonder and perish. For I work a work in your days, a work that you would never believe, even if someone should tell you. Acts 13:41. And this is similar to what the prophet Habakkuk said in Habakkuk 1:5.

God reveals truth, but men reject truth. If a person wants the truth, God will open their heart to believe when He sees a willingness. Acts 16:14

Unbelievers and scoffers don’t want to believe and arrogantly depend on their smug self-righteousness for all their needs. Free will is key to God’s plan, and man can accept or reject God. It is a pity that many choose to reject God’s free gift of eternal life.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
POST DELETED: I'm afraid I let my ego get the better of me and spoke much more harshly than I normally do, and definitely more than I ever should.

Last edited by CAPITALIST; 07/26/22.

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

"Normal" isn't coming back; Jesus is!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
@DBT, @MAUSERAND9MM, & especially @WILLTO: I've watched all of your guys: Hawking and Dawkins and Hitchens and I've read much of Darwin, himself, et al. Are you intellectually honest enough to watch this brilliant professor at Oxford University, take notes *AND INTELLIGENTLY REBUT* his most simple examples of refutation of your most complex explanations?

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

"Normal" isn't coming back; Jesus is!
Page 36 of 36 1 2 34 35 36

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

349 members (12savage, 204guy, 12344mag, 16gage, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 40 invisible), 2,519 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,499
Posts18,490,472
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.