Campfire Outfitter
P
I can smell it from here, slumster.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Pray to God. Make a decision to not stay where your at(mentally).Work on fixing one small thing a day. Listen to David Pait.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W

Last edited by wabigoon; 07/31/22.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by hardway
If I ever found myself in that situation I'd like to think I'd get myself a decent travel trailer and pickup, my dog, couple guns, fishin stuff, a mountain bike, and a big bag of the sticky icky..... just cruise man. Get one of those gigs being the campground chaperone or whatever.... easy livin. Follow the weather. Good luck man.

What's the, uh, "stick icky"?

Slummy knows what time it is 😂

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ElAhrairah
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
If'n you're broke, that should fix the obesity issue.

This seems like it should be true, but I see quite a few poor people who are obese.

I don't know how but they've somehow figured it out.
Eating healthy is expensive..

Just eat less and you wont be fat. Your statement is a b.s. copout. If you cook your own food and shop smart you can eat healthy for cheap, and portion control is the big factor. Every fatty has an excuse. Yours is the most common.
I eat what I want, but only once a day, I've lost about 18lbs in the last couple of months. Still drink beer every day too.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ask God and his angels for help. We have free will and have to ask.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
A partner can be a distraction/ excuse.

Gotta be happy with yourself.

Dont let their chit be your chit

Been through it a couple times, while not perfect I took tje high road and arrived at a spot where I am content

Mentally

Its me time and IDGAF about what others do.

Ive earned it. Fugg em

Get my little yard mowed, trimmed and head to the range.

Ive seen tons of people at work ( worked at two major companies/ factories ) that think they NEED somebody.

They plow through failed relationship after relationship.
Always drama. And by golly, these people are quite sociable, have a bunch of " friends " on social.media.

They are the norm. And they ain't happy.

Dont fall for the chit everybody else is doing or everybody is happy but me. Things likely are not as they appear.

Couples w nice jobs and houses, taking fancy vacations...
The showoffs are almost always miserable.

The average person is stupid and unhappy.

If youre not stupid......you can be happy.
IMHO the cornerstone is just being an honest person.

Last edited by hookeye; 07/31/22.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Huncho
SO what are you gonna do about it, raise to the challenge or cry all day.

Wail til some schit darkens your door, hero..

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Depression is a bitch. Get help.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Huncho
SO what are you gonna do about it, raise to the challenge or cry all day.

Wail til some schit darkens your door, hero..

+1

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Uncle_Alvah
I turn 69 in four days.
I am on my third marriage, which is now on the rocks.
My kids are grown. They are successful and on their own. I seldom see them or even hear from them.
I have no occupation.
My health is a ticking time bomb. Obese, diabetic, no teeth, blind in one eye, congestive heart failure, high blood pressure, high cholesterol.
Very little cash, no credit.
I see few options on how I can proceed.
Staring down the barrel of homelessness.
I need a miracle.
However, I believe this to be true:

It’s better to live in the wilderness
than to live with a contentious and irritable woman. Proverbs 21:19

I don't want to sound cruel. That's not my intent. But these are lifestyle problems. And if you're about to lose a 3rd wife, maybe the contentious one is the guy in the mirror.

No one here can talk you out of your problems. You can't change anyone, and no one, except you, can change you. You have to determine the truth and fix yourself. Once you determine and accept the truth of your situation, you can make the right decisions on fixing it. I'm sorry you've gotten to this point, and I'm sympathtic to your sitation, but you need to know the truth.

The only fortune I've ever gotten out of a cookie that ever mattered to me.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

If you decide to not try, then there is still a postive to your situation. You have a greatly reduced risk of developing a cavity.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 07/31/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
You are out of money, but I bet you have some income. There are a few things you can do quickly that will help with a bunch of things. The obesity (and probably poor hygiene) contribute mightily to the health, depression, and family alienation. Diabetes, heart failure, high blood pressure are natural consequences of obesity. It may be too painful for your kids to see or hear about this. If your spouse and you don't like each other there can be only one or two reasons you live together, finances and too inert to get out. I would get out one way or another.

If you are in the shape you claim you obviously don't have too much longer to live. I'll be darned if I would finish it out this way.

Go get you some anti-depressants, start eating baked or boiled seafood and salad only, and get away from your wife. Even if you are the problem you'll both be better off.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Uncle_Alvah
My kids are grown. They are successful and on their own. I seldom see them or even hear from them.

How often do they see or hear from you?
How would they react after reading this post?
Hoping you can find some help.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Rooterpig
Work on fixing one small thing a day.

I came here to post this.

They can be small things but successes add up.

Obesity would be my number one. Stop eating unhealthy food. No more junk food, whatsoever. Find vegetables you like, and eat those. Beans are great. If you can follow a keto diet, that should help.

No unhealthy drinks. I drink coffee and water, and orange juice. Unsweetened iced tea instead of any soft drink.

Quit drinking any beer. If drinking leads you to eat (as it does me), then quit drinking, at least when sitting home alone and bored.

Walk. I quit using the elevator at work, I take the stairs. 4x a day.

It all adds up. Minor adjustments, one at a time, that will help. You don't have to change them all at once.

Good luck! You can do it!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by plumbum
Work on fixing one small thing a day.

I came here to post this.

They can be small things but successes add up.

Obesity would be my number one. Stop eating unhealthy food. No more junk food, whatsoever. Find vegetables you like, and eat those. Beans are great. If you can follow a keto diet, that should help.

No unhealthy drinks. I drink coffee and water, and orange juice. Unsweetened iced tea instead of any soft drink.

Quit drinking any beer. If drinking leads you to eat (as it does me), then quit drinking, at least when sitting home alone and bored.

Walk. I quit using the elevator at work, I take the stairs. 4x a day.

It all adds up. Minor adjustments, one at a time, that will help. You don't have to change them all at once.

Good luck! You can do it!

very good advise !

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
You are getting some good advice but mostly bad advice, in my opinion. We as men need to prioritize and accordingly go about our business. My advice would be to set your eternal affairs in order since you believe that you don’t have much longer to live. You may die tomorrow or you may live 20 more years. “What profit of a man if he gains the whole world and lose his own soul”?I’m sure you’ve heard that Bible verse before. It is so true! if you were to die tomorrow and go out into eternity without the salvation of Jesus Christ’s Gospel you will be doomed in hell forever, on the other hand, if you are saved you’ll be with Christ in paradise/heaven forever. My advice to you would not to open the Bible and lucky dip and find a verse and think that God is speaking to you but first open the Bible to the book of John and read who Jesus is and get acquainted with Him, Then repent and be saved ans the burden/guilt of sin will be lifted. You will then have a new nature and outlook on life. You then can proceed from there but that’s where and how I would start to regroup.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Al, I'm sorry for your situation and sympathetic. I've read each of the Posts here, all reflecting kind concerned folks. I'm no better than most here, without real expertise to offer. I do believe the best "amateur" answer is to seek professional help as soon as possible. The ER, or less drastic, the brand new National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 811. The following info about such option from my last night research, I hope perhaps the offer of a 'nuclear takeaway' from my information here.
""
After reading all your Thread as noted, I Googled the National Suicide Prevention Hotline, posing the question of "what a caller to expect" The search term itself was productive. Just not what I expected. I didn't get much of a quality answer. This is a program less than one month old. Shockingly to me the information in my eight or so samplings, much more about touting statistics, about State officials and political figures sponsoring. About self-back slapping. About... everything but substantive answers responsive to that simple question. Washington State, providing reference to the enabling Legislative Bill including Number! Woah, if an emergency where a potential suicide victim needs that enabling law information urgently, it's there for all to view. My experience with simple soft, kind, caring, friendly and compassionate "primer" as the telephone experience info I'd expect; not there.

What I did get, with some ferriting out, 'potentially' is your ability to call 811 and actually remain largely anonymous, only giving your first name for better personal relationship established. Other questions they may be required to ask, you have the right to decline to answer. The program itself 'sounding' almost surely to serve you well. "Those in need but with doubts about what might help. A supposed simple, no harm, no foul! You can 'supposedly' make a test call. A "What if my friend suffered... Setting forth your situation and symptoms in hypothetical context, without any negative sanctions. No tracing back the call, etc. Differing very much from calling 911 Emergency. You can set the tone and parameters of the 811 call. The downside principally I can foresee, a new system full of glitches. Getting through, avoiding getting transferred around, a properly trained person... All that stuff.

"Patience and not giving up likely a key to helping the system work for you! Making successful contact your priority! You may be transferred to a call center half the nation away, as the system tries to adjust for call loads. That's normal. You can remain totally anonymous, but by virtue of the 'system', you will be part of the grand experiment. Keeping "perspective and eye on your personal ball", likely important. Last the sad humor we call "life", the admonishment... "Your experience may vary!" This may sound weird, but you may be able to help them, getting through the "trying days of new service providers", coming together in a new system.

What you can probably do to 'prep' for such a call. Consider your situation. Make notes, principal points. Important stuff you believe your contact voice on the phone will need to help you. When I'm on overload, I make notes concerning important 'comms'. The 811 Service folks are required to ask the some questions off the bat. Your name (again first name only is OK or none if you wish), whether you have thoughts of hurting yourself or others. You don't have to answer, but those are watershed questions. You should plan to answer them honestly. Actually any "fudging", hedging, lying about anything, will likely hurt you most. If you truly don't know OR wish not to answer, just say so AND ask to move on. Again for emphasis, I'd urge you to confront such issues and be prepared for a totally honest answer to the best of your abilities. The ER is the emergency parachute if you simply can't answer honestly and effectively or if you adjudge phone assistance as 'not to help'.

Al, what I'm suggesting here in my poor amateurish fashion, are parachutes. For folks who can and will take that first step to speak with someone far better trained than likely anyone here or direct to ER. And... In that context a momentary critique. Those who suggest positive self help in this Thread, going to the extent of uprooting as relocating bodies and lives... They're not understanding the problem of someone 'frozen'. Not even able to well function with daily tasks. They're not "listening"! Advice for somewhat troubled folks, perhaps simply needing a 'nudge' or new vista perspective. Such 'trek out' advice perhaps appropriate. But here we have you more like in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, in a dingy! No viable oars and limited rations/water. A radio lifeline in hand. Not the occasion for helpful offer of "advanced swimming skills, navigation, weather advice, tides or currents; perhaps a 'six pack' for libation! The point, best "self help", use the radio! Seek help! A person struggling just to stay afloat! "Relocation" and about any other advice, seems to me, a discouraging distraction. "Holiday brochures of Caribbean adventures, beaches, babes and beer... Great for you or I, but missing a person struggling, needs whatsoever.

About this "amateur". Age 81! Retired lawyer, retired L/E special agent, retired American military officer. Personal story of years ago. A close college and law associate. Him, supposed to be my personal 'wet behind ears', mentor! 'Us', as two person attorney office in small town. Hanging with him for almost my initial year of practice as seeing this good man deteriorate emotionally. I didn't have a clue and myself debt laden from school, no time to assume responsibilities beyond self and family. Necessarily, in my career, 'moving on'. A full seven years later, him having lost all due to mental/emotional illness. A wife and two adorable little girls as I knew them. His law practice, his financial worth & reputation. Finally his life. Ended in suicide in a VA clinic bathroom. A Viet Nam vet. Combat injured with a life of pills and pain. Some years later to realize his almost surely severe PTSD. Despite his lawyer education, he didn't have a clue how to reach out on his own behalf. I didn't have a clue, other than his observable corset, physical injuries and incessant pain. Yet never guessing, what portended a greater problem and final demise. Yet coming to realize his increasing inability to "focus" as symptom-central. When you can't focus, bad things follow and manifest quickly. Another attorney waiting in the wings as I departed. Ripcord fluttering! Learning later, my replacement had also bailed! To this day, my regrets for a truly good human being, father and family man... My colleague lost! I was part of the process of harming him by my own ignorance and failures. Such to pause, to really 'observe' a person 'in need'. My head in my own problems, then seeming overwhelming but not "unmanageable". Now, to this day, wondering if not some manner to have better assisted him. The VA system surely failed him, as it traditionally has many vets. "Retired" military status, another almost opposite 'happier world'.

OPTIONAL READ: I'm a firm believer in my personal God. One who holds us responsible for our daily self-guidance and actions as we have the capability. A God who softly expects "good works" for humanity as we can each manage. Beginning with ourselves! A "big picture" God as we ask where he is and how he allows human atrocities. The simple answer... "We are not intended to know God's greater plan." I have humbly prayed for you Al. I believe prayers do count. As "man proposes, God disposes." Suggest you propose to God that you will reach out with preparation, persistence and faith as you can muster. Allow him to control the consequences. The fact of then able to lift your head, to say "I've tried!"

The postscript, this exercise in attempting to help you, a 'timeout'... Has also helped me! A manifestation of "God working in mysterious ways..."

May your troubles be soon manageable as then quickly 'past'!
Best!
John

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Pray to God. Make a decision to not stay where your at(mentally).Work on fixing one small thing a day. Listen to David Pait.

I pray to God, but I also row away from the rocks......said a wise man once.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Life aint supposed to be easy.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

397 members (10gaugemag, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 19rabbit52, 17CalFan, 47 invisible), 2,601 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,551
Posts18,510,327
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.