Hop To
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I read about A5s being used down there in Argentina that the friction rings had been out of them so long that the owners didn’t even know they were supposed to have them. The forearms were cracked and all that, but they just kept taking the pounding.

They are definitely reliable that's for sure

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
It sounds like the Benelli fits the bill. I've heard before that they were a good choice.

I've been reading up and it sounds like the M2 inertia action is very comparable to the M4 gas action in reliability and weighs less/kicks more,..and can be had for about a $1000 less than the M4.

I appreciate the replies. I think I'm going to be shopping for an M2.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Bristoe
It sounds like the Benelli fits the bill. I've heard before that they were a good choice.

I've been reading up and it sounds like the M2 inertia action is very comparable to the M4 gas action in reliability and weighs less/kicks more,..and can be had for about a $1000 less than the M4.

You will not be disappointed

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have had zero issues with my Benelli M2s. Not sure where the they don’t function when dirty. To each there own but I will stick with what I know works and that’s Benelli.

Thanks Flave for the info on tactical shotguns. Very informative.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by pete53
owned a lot of semi- auto shotguns as a gun dealer the Winchester Super X-2 or a Berretta 390 seem to jam less and had fewer problems than the rest of a normal shotguns.

This. Benelli are good unless they get dirty or wet. Then you have to go to Wolff Gunsprings and get a stainless bolt spring and a stainless magazine spring.

^^Has not shot a Benelli in any of those conditions^^^

I know a lot of duck hunters that do and they swear by the Benelli's

Go to Argentina and shoot doves with a gun provided by the place you hunt the doves, and most likely they will hand you a Benelli that has been shot 100’s of thousands of times…

They are definitely the gold standard

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Originally Posted by Geno67
Originally Posted by drop_point
We can stop the thread now.

If we're talking about what's available now, absolutely - that's the case. deflave got the two b's backwards in order but they're probably honestly a tie anyway.

My answer was and is still correct. Every remington model 11 owner I know still uses them even though most are nearly 100 years old. I'd be surprised if the b's last that long basically without any repairs and very little if any maintenance (mine is 96 years old and I dab a little motor oil on the tube once a year). Until this year, it got 1500 or so rounds through it annually so if you do the math that would be 144 thousand rounds with no repairs. That's not really the case though as mine spent it's first twenty years as a naval training weapon (fancy way of saying skeet shooting off the weather deck of a naval vessel) so the round count is probably way higher than 144k. Same goes for the beretta 300's, most are 50 years old and chugging right along with no maintenance and very few if any repairs.

I have never cleaned my beretta 300 or my model 11.

I'm not downing today's offerings in any way - just pointing out a couple hundred thousand rounds and a century of age tells the real tale.

Please...

You haven't owned yours for 96 years, you have no idea what was or wasn't maintained or repaired in the time it wasn't under your roof.

The majority of Model 11s (and any other shotgun owned by average joe) haven't seen 10k rounds, let alone 144K - lol.

OP is asking for a defensive tool, higher capacity the better. Not a fuggin' century old field gun that can be pressed into service. To that end, Flave's dissertation is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

The Rem M-11 and Browning A-5 are top performers even today

You are stuck in the past, like the movie Groundhog Day.

Lol.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I read about A5s being used down there in Argentina that the friction rings had been out of them so long that the owners didn’t even know they were supposed to have them. The forearms were cracked and all that, but they just kept taking the pounding.
This was probably true in 1995.

You would be incredibly hard pressed to find anything other than benelli or beretta (or a derivative) in 2022.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One that is cleaned and adjusted properly.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

You will not be disappointed

My brother has an M2, without the tube extension.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Originally Posted by drop_point
We can stop the thread now.

If we're talking about what's available now, absolutely - that's the case. deflave got the two b's backwards in order but they're probably honestly a tie anyway.

My answer was and is still correct. Every remington model 11 owner I know still uses them even though most are nearly 100 years old. I'd be surprised if the b's last that long basically without any repairs and very little if any maintenance (mine is 96 years old and I dab a little motor oil on the tube once a year). Until this year, it got 1500 or so rounds through it annually so if you do the math that would be 144 thousand rounds with no repairs. That's not really the case though as mine spent it's first twenty years as a naval training weapon (fancy way of saying skeet shooting off the weather deck of a naval vessel) so the round count is probably way higher than 144k. Same goes for the beretta 300's, most are 50 years old and chugging right along with no maintenance and very few if any repairs.

I have never cleaned my beretta 300 or my model 11.

I'm not downing today's offerings in any way - just pointing out a couple hundred thousand rounds and a century of age tells the real tale.

Please...

You haven't owned yours for 96 years, you have no idea what was or wasn't maintained or repaired in the time it wasn't under your roof.

The majority of Model 11s (and any other shotgun owned by average joe) haven't seen 10k rounds, let alone 144K - lol.

OP is asking for a defensive tool, higher capacity the better. Not a fuggin' century old field gun that can be pressed into service. To that end, Flave's dissertation is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

The Rem M-11 and Browning A-5 are top performers even today

You are stuck in the past, like the movie Groundhog Day.

Lol.

No I'm not I have Benelli but the fact is the Browning design is extremely reliable as were all of John Brownings patented firearms

To say otherwise is just being ignorant or stupid

Last edited by jwp475; 08/28/22.

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
I shoot sporting clays and have used Beretta 391’s and A400’s and they just work. I have shot thousands of rounds through both without cleaning and they just keeping working without any issues.

NRA Lifetime Endowment Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

We'll be anxiously awaiting your report at the 1,000,000 round mark, since apparently reliability cannot be "reliably" determined until at least that point. And remember, NO CLEANING! That would be cheating... wink

Frivolous comments aside, were I to ever forsake my 1966 vintage Model 1100 a Benelli is what I'd look for as well.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by GuideGun
Hard to go wrong with a Benelli M2. Plenty of aftermarket support for them as well for things such as mag tube extensions.

Best answer;DONE. grin

I HAVE A M2 12 AND ALSO A BUL 12 AND 20 ga. Have hunted them all over from Maine to Montana, and many places in between. HAVE NEVER HAD A F2F OR ANY OTHER MALFUNCTION.

BUY ONCE, CRY ONCE. smile

NRA Life Member
"Use Enough Gun"- Robert Ruark
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The Benelli M2 is an outstanding shotgun and the 20 gauge version is on my “never get rid of” list for upland birds. It has been absolutely flawless and if you stumble across the Tactical version, by all means grab it.

But for the price point I think the buyer is getting more bang for their buck with the Beretta 1301.

They’re both incredible shotguns.

Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
The Beretta sounds great.

Bout the same money as a M2 eh?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
The Beretta sounds great.

Bout the same money as a M2 eh?

They’re usually pretty close.

Depending on where you buy and what’s in stock.

Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

You would be incredibly hard pressed to find anything other than benelli or beretta (or a derivative) in 2022.

It is true that if you take the friction rings out of one, even a 3” Magnum 12 will cycle 2 3/4” super speeds from wal mart reliably and quickly. I’ve done it and proven it works.

Cracked forearms come from too tight of a cap and exposure to moisture, along with pounding from loads. It’s not a one thing cause, but several contributing factors.

Availability and cost would be as big of contributor to what those guys use down there in my opinion. Much easier to find a Benelli than search for out of production browning products.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Check out SAFARIKID's FS post on a 1301, excellent pictures showing a nicely set up rig...

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Jstocks
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

It is true that if you take the friction rings out of one, even a 3” Magnum 12 will cycle 2 3/4” super speeds from wal mart reliably and quickly. I’ve done it and proven it works.

Cracked forearms come from too tight of a cap and exposure to moisture, along with pounding from loads. It’s not a one thing cause, but several contributing factors.

Availability and cost would be as big of contributor to what those guys use down there in my opinion. Much easier to find a Benelli than search for out of production browning products.

Yep.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (16penny, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 17Hunter, 163bc, 1234, 67 invisible), 2,040 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,828
Posts18,496,595
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.