24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 22,301
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 22,301
There is a place and time for the citizens to take up arms against their government.

The Jews had every moral right to fight for their lives in Europe when the Nazis were slaughtering them by the millions.

Every citizen of an occupied nation was right to combat the new German government.

But only a lunatic would advocate initiating combat against US Armed Forces simply because his views are becoming unpopular among the population at large.

A repeal of the 2'nd will not happen this year or next. My personal prediction is, the 2'nd Amendment might have another fifty years left in it.

But as more lunatics squawk about armed insurrection, the 2'nd amendment becomes less and less popular.

The 18'th Amendment was presented by Congress on 12-18-1917. It was ratified and became law less than 13 months later on 1-16-1919.

The 21'st Amendment, to repeal the 18'th, was presented 2-20-1933. And ratified less than ten months later on 12-5-1933.

Once the tide of public opinion has turned among the majority of American voters. It might take less than a year to repeal the 2'nd Amendment.


My ideal as a conservative:

That each person may reap as he/she has sown.
BP-B2

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 9,772
Campfire Outfitter
Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 9,772
And a war will ensue.

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,373
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,373
We ain’t going to Make It Passed Mr. Pudd’n ..

If That’s not clear to everyone by Now just keep your Head Up Your Ass that way it won’t see it Cum’n..

They Know .. That We Know .. This for all the Marbles ..

The Slide Show Ends One Way or Another..

Smok’n if Got Um..

Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,098
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,098
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
The Jews had every moral right to fight for their lives in Europe when the Nazis were slaughtering them by the millions.

Congrats, you got a square.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 63,316
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 63,316
It takes 38 states to enact an amendment. It only takes 12 small red states to block it. That applies whether it's passed by congress or by a convention of the states.
The Equal Rights Amend failed to get enough states before the deadline set by congress. Several states have approved it since the deadline to get it over the 38 but it's a dead issue unless congress tries again. Idaho initially passed it before really looking at it. Then they voted to rescind the vote. Some from liberal states say a state can't change it's mind but the constitution doesn't say that.
If repealing the 2d ever gets into congress, you can bet that they won't set a deadline this time. They'll keep alive for 100 years if necessary.


Sin wouldn't be so attractive if the wages were paid immediately.
,,...............
No Democrat left behind. Vote them all out.
IC-A B3

Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 10,116
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 10,116
The country doesn't have 50 years left in it as we know it and we'll all be dead before then. But thanks for the Debbie Downer post of the day!


Pretty much any problems associated with dogs stems from the fact that they're not a Labrador.

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 158
J
Campfire Member
Offline
Campfire Member
J
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 158
Who’s advocating initiating combat against the US Armed Forces?

Got any references to support your assertion that the 2nd amendment is losing popularity? After Heller and New York, firearms liberties are at the highest level they’ve been since Jefferson was President.

Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 13,020
Campfire Outfitter
Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 13,020
Wouldn't it be refreshing if think, think, think took place before talk, talk, talk?


NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,272
Campfire Outfitter
Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,272
Just for arguments sake, say they overturn the 2nd amendment....then what are they going to do?


Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,522
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,522
Originally Posted by CCCC
Wouldn't it be refreshing if think, think, think took place before talk, talk, talk?

Those who know the least know it the loudest.

IC-B B4

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 22,301
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 22,301
Originally Posted by JohnnyMac007
Who’s advocating initiating combat against the US Armed Forces?

Got any references to support your assertion that the 2nd amendment is losing popularity? After Heller and New York, firearms liberties are at the highest level they’ve been since Jefferson was President.
Read between the lines of the 2'nd and 3'rd post in this thread. And a whole lot more on this august forum.

Give our media and school system another twenty years of indoctrination. Let 90% of the guys participating on this forum, and others like it, die. Then you can poll the remaining Americans and see just how important they judge the 2'nd in its current form.


My ideal as a conservative:

That each person may reap as he/she has sown.
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 22,301
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 22,301
Originally Posted by sactoller
Just for arguments sake, say they overturn the 2nd amendment....then what are they going to do?
The same thing the liberal scum did in every other nation on Earth after they outlawed private ownership of weapons.

They killed those who did not comply. And those who did not own weapons, or did comply said they had it coming.


My ideal as a conservative:

That each person may reap as he/she has sown.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,272
Campfire Outfitter
Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,272
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by sactoller
Just for arguments sake, say they overturn the 2nd amendment....then what are they going to do?
The same thing the liberal scum did in every other nation on Earth after they outlawed private ownership of weapons.

They killed those who did not comply. And those who did not own weapons, or did comply said they had it coming.

I doubt they would be able to carry that out...like they did in days past.


Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,098
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,098
Originally Posted by sactoller
I doubt they would be able to carry that out...like they did in days past.

Why not?

Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,246
J
Campfire Tracker
Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,246
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by sactoller
I doubt they would be able to carry that out...like they did in days past.

Why not?

Gun owners tend to be more in touch with history than non-gun owners. Just my opinion. I’m not giving them up. Are you?


Big gulps huh. Well, see ya later...
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 22,301
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 22,301
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
The Jews had every moral right to fight for their lives in Europe when the Nazis were slaughtering them by the millions.

Congrats, you got a square.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Speaking of lunatic fringe.


My ideal as a conservative:

That each person may reap as he/she has sown.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,272
Campfire Outfitter
Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,272
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by sactoller
I doubt they would be able to carry that out...like they did in days past.

Why not?

I am not going to the gallows without a fight, are you?

Communication is better, faster today then back then. (Even with the crap on social media)


Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 11,798
Campfire Outfitter
Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 11,798
Originally Posted by bbassi
The country doesn't have 50 years left in it as we know it and we'll all be dead before then. But thanks for the Debbie Downer post of the day!

Our once great nation, our Constitutional Republic, is rotting from within. Just like every other great and small nation has throughout history.

From. Within.

L.W.


"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 14,982
A
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
A
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 14,982
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
There is a place and time for the citizens to take up arms against their government.

The Jews had every moral right to fight for their lives in Europe when the Nazis were slaughtering them by the millions.

Every citizen of an occupied nation was right to combat the new German government.

But only a lunatic would advocate initiating combat against US Armed Forces simply because his views are becoming unpopular among the population at large.

A repeal of the 2'nd will not happen this year or next. My personal prediction is, the 2'nd Amendment might have another fifty years left in it.

But as more lunatics squawk about armed insurrection, the 2'nd amendment becomes less and less popular.

The 18'th Amendment was presented by Congress on 12-18-1917. It was ratified and became law less than 13 months later on 1-16-1919.

The 21'st Amendment, to repeal the 18'th, was presented 2-20-1933. And ratified less than ten months later on 12-5-1933.

Once the tide of public opinion has turned among the majority of American voters. It might take less than a year to repeal the 2'nd Amendment.
So you are all Patriotic now after advocating for lock downs and jab mandates ? GTFOH


[Linked Image from ]



Now, you’re gonna have to through hell; worse than any nightmare that you’ve ever dreamed.But in the end,I know you’ll be the one standing.
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 76,634
Campfire Oracle
Offline
Campfire Oracle
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 76,634
Originally Posted by JohnnyMac007
Who’s advocating initiating combat against the US Armed Forces?

.

The armed forces all vowed to uphold the constitution.Shooting at or disarming the citizenry isn't going to fly with them.


"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
CTV-TRX
Who's Online Now
695 members (117LBS, 222Sako, 257Ackley, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 72 invisible), 2,227 guests, and 1,412 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
RR2/3-22

UDG-IP


 







Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2022 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5
(Release build 20201027)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 7.3.33 Page Time: 0.069s Queries: 15 (0.004s) Memory: 0.9664 MB (Peak: 1.1153 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2022-12-02 22:56:51 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS