Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by norm99
Originally Posted by denton
Hey, I bought an electric bike. It's a blast! With pedal assist, it gives me gentle exercise climbing the hills in my neighborhood. I can run short errands for a dime's worth of electricity, instead of a few dollar's worth of gas, and have fun doing it.

Primary transportation? Bad weather transportation? Heck no.

IMHO, we are about a generation or two of batteries away from electric vehicles being truly efficient and effective, especially in cold winters. We need more battery capacity, cheaper batteries, less temperature sensitivity, and MUCH faster charging times. When they get those problems solved, we may like what we see. Today, not so much.

and how much more is that going to raise the carbon footprint of battery production and cost to the environment in mining and manufacturing process

Probably will be no worse than petroleum production and refining. It will just ruin completely new vast areas with its strip type mining and vast poisonous evaporation pools for lithium production.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

GB1

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
These are some of the dealer pics- haven't had time for a photo shoot yet.

Between the Chevelle, my 496 cu in. GMC, and my 1984 C20 pickups, I am doing my part to burn gasoline.

'72 Chevelle open

'72 Chevelle Front

'72 Chevelle Cragar S/S

'72 Chevelle Engine Compartment

'72 Chevelle grill

'72 Chevelle tail lights

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by dakota300rum
72 ss chevelle is one of coolest cars every made had one that I cloned into an SS. Built a 34 ford pu . Working on a 38 chevy coupe. Electric car not for me. My projects are carberated I can work on those. ELK I heard that the 402 was a 396 bored 30 over due to some flaws in the block. IDK maybe it was just a horse power selling point.

That is one version I had not heard. According to the collectors who study this type of thing, they say that Chevrolet needed to dodge some pollution controls, and 400 cubic inches was the cutoff. That made the 396 unsuitable for further production. I am sure the .030 over would result in a 402. Either way, it is all numbers matching- the block is stamped with the tail end of the VIN and was produced in the Tonawanda plant. The car was produced in the KC (Leeds) plant in May 1972 and delivered to an Illinois dealer. I have the build sheet and lots of other original documentation. I am hoping to contact the seller and get the window sticker. The car even has a bias ply spare tire, original bumper jack, handle, and base.

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx
An electric car - yet.
Does a golf cart for my sweetheart count? Oops - didn't buy it! Thanks, rb.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
There aren't any places around here for public charging yet.

IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I had Bad Boy Buggies want me to use one of their EV ATV's years ago.

It was an interesting idea. Quiet, sneaky while hunting.

I was giving it serious consideration until I asked the guy how much it weighed... It was over 3 times what my Honda Foreman weighed.. I carried in the back of my pickup too.

Given that, to get power and range, these EV's HAVE to be heavy. There's a trade off. Light and no guts, or heavy and powerful.

Should be good for low pasture wet spots, Barry. wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by 3584ELK

Between the Chevelle, my 496 cu in. GMC, and my 1984 C20 pickups, I am doing my part to burn gasoline.

'72 Chevelle open

'72 Chevelle Front

'72 Chevelle Cragar S/S

'72 Chevelle grill

'72 Chevelle tail lights

Lucky Badstid. Probably born with a spot reserved for you in Heaven. wink

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by dakota300rum
72 ss chevelle is one of coolest cars every made had one that I cloned into an SS. Built a 34 ford pu . Working on a 38 chevy coupe. Electric car not for me. My projects are carberated I can work on those. ELK I heard that the 402 was a 396 bored 30 over due to some flaws in the block. IDK maybe it was just a horse power selling point.

That is one version I had not heard. According to the collectors who study this type of thing, they say that Chevrolet needed to dodge some pollution controls, and 400 cubic inches was the cutoff. That made the 396 unsuitable for further production. I am sure the .030 over would result in a 402. Either way, it is all numbers matching- the block is stamped with the tail end of the VIN and was produced in the Tonawanda plant. The car was produced in the KC (Leeds) plant in May 1972 and delivered to an Illinois dealer. I have the build sheet and lots of other original documentation. I am hoping to contact the seller and get the window sticker. The car even has a bias ply spare tire, original bumper jack, handle, and base.
The 396 had valve shrouding issues (Which hurt airflow) with that small (for a Big Block) bore... The 402 bore size relieved some of that... That's why they did it as far as i know... Of course the 427 and 454 were even better...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

'72 Chevelle open

'72 Chevelle Front

'72 Chevelle Cragar S/S

'72 Chevelle grill

'72 Chevelle tail lights
Nice - very cool version of the Chev. Who is that guy stooping to take the photos? Am thinking that GM did not install those coolant cut-offs or the MSD/HEI. Any sign of rodents in the under hood insulation?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
D
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by MadMooner
[bleep] wagon probably has a car seat and groceries in the back…and still walked that Chevelle 😂

I am sure the vibration of those e-ponies gets your girl all warmed up.....oh wait 😂😂😂

The majority Tesla drivers around DFW are asshats. This morning at 3am I watched one try to prevent an 18 wheeler from passing or merging, he should have had a CB, because when a couple 3 more joined the festivities and boxed ol sparky in and forced them off the road onto the shoulder I was sure I was going to see a beat down.

I drive 60 now, I get an average of 21-23mpg in my 5.0 F-150 FX4 crewcab and some of the crap I see daily makes me giggle. Besides there is no better way to troll the public than cruising along at 60 in the far right lane. It literally takes me 6-10 minutes longer to get to work versus driving 80-85mph because of the constant slowdowns.

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Another brilliant discussion spawned by eyeball.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I don't think buying an electric car means your a sucker, they make sense for a lot of people. The suckers are the people that can't see the forest for the trees. You don't have to be a climate change zealot to see where an electric car makes sense. I think we need to be drilling and pumping oil in this country and working on developing better electric cars, batteries and infrastructure.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
There was a 2013 Tesla for sale on the local Craigslist recently that had just over 79,000 miles on it. In the add the seller stated that the car had a new battery just installed for a cost of $22,000 dollars.

Going 79,000 miles and just 9 years and it needed a new battery. Not a very good selling point.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Eyeball's attention from the connecting dots thread is dropping off; now he's mostly just talking to himself there.
How can he get all the attention he deserves??
Electric Cars!!!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
I put $100 down on an EV Silverado and an EV Blazer. I'll buy one of each if they actually make them and they qualify for the EV tax credit.

Something tells me it ain't gonna happen. Just my gut feeling. The legislation is too restrictive about batteries being made in the US with the minerals mined here also. That's where this boondoggle falls apart.

Alabama and Georgia disagree….and Honda is looking for a place.

https://stocks.apple.com/A-d6w0O3KRGeeNuQVBKz8ow

Last edited by battue; 08/30/22.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’m looking for an electric combine, corn harvest is just around the corner.

Black Cows Matter!
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

'72 Chevelle open

'72 Chevelle Front

'72 Chevelle Cragar S/S

'72 Chevelle grill

'72 Chevelle tail lights

Last edited by dakota300rum; 08/30/22. Reason: Beautiful car good for you
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Californians will shop in Nevada if they want a real car.

[Linked Image from ]
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Another brilliant discussion spawned by eyeball.

LOL

Thank, bro. smile

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
I don't think buying an electric car means your a sucker, they make sense for a lot of people. The suckers are the people that can't see the forest for the trees. You don't have to be a climate change zealot to see where an electric car makes sense. I think we need to be drilling and pumping oil in this country and working on developing better electric cars, batteries and infrastructure.

It would be interesting to know how many buy one without knowing the battery will eventually die and if they know what a replacement will cost. whistle

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 79 invisible), 2,659 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,477
Posts18,471,593
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.