Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Although they're beautiful to admire, I consider a firearm a tool, meant to be used. I also consider hunting to be the projects for those tools.

For me, its gotten to the point where the tools have gotten so pricey, that to keep accumulating them, depletes finances for the project... and I do love my out of state projects. I've certainly got enough tools, so I'll devote my resources to interesting projects.

As good as they look on the bench or on the couch, they really shine when they're on the job, in the mountains.

Last edited by eaglemountainman; 09/06/22.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
GB1

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Special guns are good for one’s soul

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by KeithNyst
[quote=gnoahhh]Thinking about selling the whole schlemiel and buying a vintage Jaguar in England and drive it around Europe for a month chasing good beer .../quote]

We're not getting any younger,: modify your sentence to read "beer and women", buy a plane ticket, and go chase your dream.

That's probably my one, young-man regret (..that the statute of limitations has run out on at least..). Back in the 70's BMW was offering to sell their motorcycles "factory-direct", and offered buyers a two-week Bavarian tour to go with their purchase. After the ride, the cost of importing a "used motorcycle" back to the US made the whole deal about 15% cheaper than buying a new one locally...,, if I had it to do over again.., the smoke grey and orange R100S Daytona, please!

"...One Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All"

JeffG
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Yeah, I spent two weeks, 20-some years ago, buzzing around southern Germany in my German GF's brother's vintage BMW 3.0 CS he loaned us for our vacation. Fun times. Got lost a bunch of times and had to make up time on the Autobahn (oh darn!). I wanted to rent some time on the Nurburgring track (which "civilians" were allowed to do back then, maybe still are) but he put his foot down on that crackpot idea.

Nothing like white knuckles on the steering wheel going 90mph on the Autobahn and boy racers in Ferrari's and soccer Mom's in Benz's zipping past like you're standing still....

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Nothing like white knuckles on the steering wheel going 90mph on the Autobahn and boy racers in Ferrari's and soccer Mom's in Benz's zipping past like you're standing still....

Spent three years in Germany. You learn to look in your rearview mirror almost as much as out the windshield. When they flash their headlights coming up on you, you better move over fast because they are not slowing down. The first year and a half, I had a 280Z; hit a little over 150 a few times; had to sell it and buy a used VW when our first-born arrived ... sigh.

Last edited by KeithNyst; 09/06/22.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gnoahhh

Same experience for me.

But, you were only driving 90? I was in my big old Ford Granada (think Merkur Scorpio) doing 105

Later that trip I was trying to keep up with the Volvo wagon in front of me. I was doing 124 and my car was shaking. That was uncomfortable.

Adventure is the only thing you buy that makes you richer
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (1badf350, 1minute, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 007FJ, 52 invisible), 2,266 guests, and 1,191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,039
Posts18,500,735
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.