Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I haven’t seen many of them in the last few years here in south Arkansas. I think the fire ants took care of them!

GB1

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
After decades of screwing around with sprays and gasoline this is the only thing needed. The powder isn't fast-acting, so hornets that get powdered spread it to the rest of the hive. It actually took the fun out of it. You don't need to dust the hornets, just where they walk or land.

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
You have to attack them fast at night. They will attack and keep sentries even in the dark......I found out the hard way. They aren't like yellow jackets. Pour some gas and quickly cover it with a metal tub or bucket and run.

Last edited by reivertom; 09/11/22.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I "located" a nest of ground nesting yellow jackets yesterday while while weedwacking a path to one of my ladder stands. Only got stung 3 times but damn them things hurt!! Went back last night and sprayed a whole can of expanding foam ground hornet spray into the hole. After about an hour went back out and sprayed a good bit of charcoal lighter fluid down hole and lit it. The flame flickering out the hole for near 10 minutes was quite satisfying!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Drink a bunch of citric acid in water and then piss down the hole. You've got to be wearing nothing but socks and a hat though.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
IC B2

W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
No fires here, please. Pine forest. Wasp and hornet spray after dark is the trick. Take a partner along who’s likewise armed. Attack without mercy! One of my favorite YouTube channels is “The Hornet King”. Caution: That site is addicting!

E
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by reivertom
You have to attack them fast at night. They will attack and keep sentries even in the dark......I found out the hard way. They aren't like yellow jackets. Pour some gas and quickly cover it with a metal tub or bucket and run.
I found that out the hard way who tf would think yellow jackets would be out at 11pm

E
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
E
Black hornets from my experience are the cheetah of the bee family yellow jackets don’t say jack scchit to black hornets they will chase your ass down like kamikazis every time it’s happened I was in boxers and crocks nothing else

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Like this

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

E
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by longarm
Like this

Looked like that exactly

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DMc
Flame thrower.

Yup.

https://xproducts.com/product-category/flamethrowers/

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Blew a hornet's nest off of a tree limb with a shotgun 12 gauge #6 load 3 inch. Fortunately, it was about -10 degrees that day. They did not fly very far.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Like this

Looked like that exactly
Oh, that's easy then. Spray some wasp and hornet killer in a plastic trash bag, then after dark walk up to it and slide the bag over the nest and cinch it up tightly around the branch with a zip tie. Come back in a couple of days and they will be ded.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
No spray, gas, dust, or poison used. This is the same nest hanging on my porch now.. very much alive

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by 5sdad
The guys in the field baled up a nest of bumble bees (probably on purpose, the bastards). The bees took great umbrage at this, but they realized that the perpetrators would be beyond their reach once they disentangled themselves from the hay. Given this, they delayed their counter assault for when the bale in question had taken its ride up the elevator into the barn where it became the responsibility of the poor fool up there attempting to not die of the heat while he was filling his respiratory system with dust and chaff. At this point, the poor fool became aware of something poking at his ankle. A quick inspection revealed that the ankle in question was covered with furry yellow and black bodies. It was at this point that the pain kicked in. A medical conference was held and the conclusion was that the ankle should be soaked in the somewhat cool water of the stock tank. By the end of the day, the ankle had achieved impressive size. A good night's rest resulted in the owner of said ankle being completely unable to stand on that foot. Ah, the memories. (For this, and other reasons too numerous to list, I hated, and continue to hate, baling)

Tell us about your snake and skunk stories....

E
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Like this

Looked like that exactly
Oh, that's easy then. Spray some wasp and hornet killer in a plastic trash bag, then after dark walk up to it and slide the bag over the nest and cinch it up tightly around the branch with a zip tie. Come back in a couple of days and they will be ded.
There is no branch it’s laying on top of the ground I’m not fuuuccing with zip ties and trash bags I have better use for those pics to follow this week on the strike

E
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
E
No spray, gas, dust, or poison used. This is the same nest hanging on my porch now.. very much alive

I’d gone full scale war on that long ago and they’d be no survivors

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Diesel works if you can afford it.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C

Yellow jackets before I snuffed them out with a 1997 3500 Dodge.

Windows up of course...

I have another video of the actual snuffing... sounds like hail hitting the windows.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
These ain’t in a hole in the ground it’s a paper nest on top the ground prime candidate for fire

Figured that out after I posted... but I still do them the same way. That Hornet spray I get from Home Despot can spray about 30 feet and kills almost instantly so I use it on both kinds of nests regardless of where they are... seems to work great, I've only been stung a couple times in several years of daredevil Hornet tasing...

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

113 members (10Glocks, 35, 406_SBC, 1OntarioJim, 6mmCreedmoor, 41rem, 11 invisible), 1,775 guests, and 914 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,495
Posts18,472,117
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.