Hop To
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by JeffA
Yet the bone headed bike brigade insist on doing THIS

[Linked Image from adventurecycling.org][Linked Image from adventurecycling.org]

Then they expect sympathy when they get mowed down..

What's boneheaded in the pics?

It's illegal to ride across the double yellow in the oncoming lane... regardless if there is traffic or not.

Kent

It's illegal, to drive over the posted speed limit. It's illegal not to come to a full stop at a stop sign. It's illegal to change lanes without giving a signal. Yet these are things that EVERY driver that I know does on a routine basis. Are you going to tell me that you are never guilty of any of those infractions?

It may or may not be illegal to cross a double yellow there.

GB1

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by krp

[Linked Image from adventurecycling.org][Linked Image from adventurecycling.org]

It's illegal to ride across the double yellow in the oncoming lane... regardless if there is traffic or not.

Kent

It's illegal, to drive over the posted speed limit. It's illegal not to come to a full stop at a stop sign. It's illegal to change lanes without giving a signal. Yet these are things that EVERY driver that I know does on a routine basis. Are you going to tell me that you are never guilty of any of those infractions?

Has nothing to do with what I said, what I said is truth... you couldn't see the bonehead, I pointed it out.

You aren't as smart as you think you are.

Kent

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

That's stupid.

Kent

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Paul!!

What does that have too do with the price of tea in China???

Cycle riders are a bunch of law breaking, spandex Wearing pussies and you can take that to the bank!!!

Last edited by Whelenman; 09/16/22.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Has nothing to do with what I said, what I said is truth... you couldn't see the bonehead, I pointed it out.

You aren't as smart as you think you are.

Kent

I never said that what they did wasn't illegal, did I? You didn't answer my question. Smart enough to have you afraid to answer a simple question. Checkmate. LOL

IC B2

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I never said that what they did wasn't illegal, did I? You didn't answer my question. Smart enough to have you afraid to answer a simple question. Checkmate. LOL

I'm not answering some long winded side tangent that doesn't relate to what I said... no checkmate.

That's what you do, change the narrative.

You couldn't see the bonehead or the illegal activity.

Kent

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
It took a while, but someone finally slammed that bait. I knew someone would unwittingly make my point for me, and it doesn't surprise me that it was you.

Your point is unclear from here, you could be avoiding a direct question.

Was your comment related to the post I made about the pedestrian in the picture?

Still avoiding a direct question.

Anyhow, you do feel that it’s safer on a bicycle to present a more obvious impediment to traffic.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by krp

I'm not answering some long winded side tangent that doesn't relate to what I said... no checkmate.

Kent

And where did I say you said what they did wasn't illegal, I just quoted your words and you jump to conclusions... double checkmate with a treble hook.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

I am not a hypocrite, so I don't care about the legality. If you want to act like my asking you if you are a hypocrite changes the narrative, well, I certainly understand why. I have yet to have anyone explain to me why it's boneheaded/stupid...unless you want to imagine that there was a car coming.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It took a while, but someone finally slammed that bait. I knew someone would unwittingly make my point for me, and it doesn't surprise me that it was you.

Your point is unclear from here, you could be avoiding a direct question.

Was your comment related to the post I made about the pedestrian in the picture?

Still avoiding a direct question.

Anyhow, you do feel that it’s safer on a bicycle to present a more obvious impediment to traffic.

I need more information to answer your question. I know why you are unwilling to provide it.

IC B3

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Drive your car on the wrong side of the road and double yellow... let a cop see you, his citation will explain it to you.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
Drive your car on the wrong side of the road and double yellow... let a cop see you, his citation will explain it to you.

Kent

This is a narrative change. This appears to once again focus on legality. I never introduced legality into the discussion.

I have contended that simply being in the left lane with no evidence of auto traffic isn't boneheaded or stupid. You have yet to identify how it is. To your credit you are among many that can't.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

This is a narrative change. This appears to once again focus on legality. I never introduced legality into the discussion.

I have contended that simply being in the left lane with no evidence of auto traffic isn't boneheaded or stupid. You have yet to identify how it is. To your credit you are among many that can't.

It's illegal.

Kent

JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
This is exactly the problem.

It's like a incurable disease, it's imbedded, probably from childhood.

Just like my original post here, these parents were fools!

How many times have we all seen the scenario played out.

[Linked Image from cdn.w600.comps.canstockphoto.com]

Mom, Dad and Junior on bikes in the road.
Mom's on the inside, Dad on the outside flanking Junior in the middle as he zigzags down the road attempting to control a bike.

Does Mom and Dad actually think they are protecting their child?
Is Dad such a badazzed bicycle stud that he thinks cars and trucks will magically deflect off him and not harm his kid?

It's just SO WRONG in so many ways.

They should both be charged with obstructing traffic and child endangerment.

They are inadvertently training their kid to ride in the road with no concerns of traffic because they will always yield way to you.

It's just like your mentality Paul, what are you thinking?

If you ride out in the road people will brake and slow down, disrupting traffic flow because Paul's chose to ride his bike in the road?

I hate to brake it to you this late in life but the world doesn't revolve around you Paul!

Do you ever stop and think that every driver on the road might not be up to par with their driving skills?

There's old drivers who's driving skills may be digressing, their aim, judgements and vision might not be what it once was.

There's young drivers on the road just developing driving skills that may not yet be so grand.

Then there's the impaired drivers..

This is what makes your mindset so fu_cking stupid!

To start with the roads were built for automobile use, riding a bike on a road is a alternative use for the design of 99% of the roads in this country.

When I'm driving down the road and I see a bike traveling in the same direction as I, in my my lane, consistently hugging the fog line, I see them as a rider that has their act together and is very aware there are also cars on the road.

That rider presents little problem, I can suck it over to the center line and pass him by leaving ample room for both he and I.

When I see a bike out in my lane, blocking the road, swerveing around I see an idiot.
Totally unpredictable, could be a kid, could be impaired, could be anything.
Bring the driving to a crawl, disrupt traffic, there's a fool on the loose.

Just because you decide to entertain yourself with a activity that requires alternative use of a roadway don't mean the world must come to a grinding halt for your lame azz.

This is why we spend millions of dollars developing BIKE TRAILS!

They're meant to get idiots on bikes off the road, you should seriously consider limiting your bicycle entertainment time to trails designated for bicycle use, your mentality does not mesh with the reality one must understand for sharing a roadway.

I am well aware you often enjoy playing the devils advocate role in these threads, but I think you honestly believe what your posting here.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Whos that stud with stxhunters gf?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is exactly the problem.

It's like a incurable disease, it's imbedded, probably from childhood.

Just like my original post here, these parents were fools!

How many times have we all seen the scenario played out.

[Linked Image from cdn.w600.comps.canstockphoto.com]

Mom, Dad and Junior on bikes in the road.
Mom's on the inside, Dad on the outside flanking Junior in the middle as he zigzags down the road attempting to control a bike.

Does Mom and Dad actually think they are protecting their child?
Is Dad such a badazzed bicycle stud that he thinks cars and trucks will magically deflect off him and not harm his kid?

It's just SO WRONG in so many ways.

They should both be charged with obstructing traffic and child endangerment.

They are inadvertently training their kid to ride in the road with no concerns of traffic because they will always yield way to you.

It's just like your mentality Paul, what are you thinking?

If you ride out in the road people will brake and slow down, disrupting traffic flow because Paul's chose to ride his bike in the road?

I hate to brake it to you this late in life but the world doesn't revolve around you Paul!

Do you ever stop and think that every driver on the road might not be up to par with their driving skills?

There's old drivers who's driving skills may be digressing, their aim, judgements and vision might not be what it once was.

There's young drivers on the road just developing driving skills that may not yet be so grand.

Then there's the impaired drivers..

This is what makes your mindset so fu_cking stupid!

To start with the roads were built for automobile use, riding a bike on a road is a alternative use for the design of 99% of the roads in this country.

When I'm driving down the road and I see a bike traveling in the same direction as I, in my my lane, consistently hugging the fog line, I see them as a rider that has their act together and is very aware there are also cars on the road.

That rider presents little problem, I can suck it over to the center line and pass him by leaving ample room for both he and I.

When I see a bike out in my lane, blocking the road, swerveing around I see an idiot.
Totally unpredictable, could be a kid, could be impaired, could be anything.
Bring the driving to a crawl, disrupt traffic, there's a fool on the loose.

Just because you decide to entertain yourself with a activity that requires alternative use of a roadway don't mean the world must come to a grinding halt for your lame azz.

This is why we spend millions of dollars developing BIKE TRAILS!

They're meant to get idiots on bikes off the road, you should seriously consider limiting your bicycle entertainment time to trails designated for bicycle use, your mentality does not mesh with the reality one must understand for sharing a roadway.

I am well aware you often enjoy playing the devils advocate role in these threads, but I think you honestly believe what your posting here.

This may be just the post that cleared my mental block. You are saying that it is reckless and unsafe to be on the road with vehicles that vastly outweigh them, and don't provide adequate protection in a collision?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Tend to the hyperbolic much?

Go back. Read my post where I provided a pic of the girl in pink shorts. Enjoy the satire. Help Birdwatcher understand it.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
That's like Paul moving to the side.

Ever have them look at you trying to patiently wait a few seconds,
then just go back to looking. When they could easily have given you
room?

Yep. That's when I break out the air horn.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Tend to the hyperbolic much?

Go back. Read my post where I provided a pic of the girl in pink shorts. Enjoy the satire. Help Birdwatcher understand it.

No Paul, it's this...

For example when I ride, I ride pretty much center lane. It makes me more visible to others, it makes drivers less likely to do a brush pass, and it makes them more likely to treat me like traffic. Once I am confident a vehicle coming up from behind sees me, I ease over an they go around without delay. If I ride with another person or a group, I'll ride side by side.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by smokepole
"After clearing the rockslide, and ensuring that the avalanche had stabilized, park staff began to clear a path through the avalanche to gain access to the stranded cyclists. The 13 cyclists were trapped on the other side of the slide for about eight hours. Park officials said they were cold, but otherwise in good spirits. Park officials said the men passed the time playing "hide the salami" to the dismay of rescuers arriving on the scene.

I can't believe none of you assh*les thought this was funny.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 163bc, 1234, 10ring1, 51 invisible), 2,473 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,803
Posts18,477,480
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.