Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 19 20
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Thought I reconized it. Been a long time since I've seen one of those. Looks like it shoots good sure enough.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
CVA made a great Hawken. I was at Green Top in Richmond Va a few weeks ago and there was one on the BP rifle rack for sale - used of course, but in good shape, along with 3 used T/C Hawkens, 2 in .50 and 1 in .54.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
Is that barrel browned or is it cerakoted? I notice the rod guides are the same color as the barrel.

It is browned.

Originally Posted by 10Glocks
CVA made a great Hawken.

The Mountain Rifle that I ended up stuck with is a great hunting gun.

The Mountain Rifle's sister rifle........the CVA Frontier Rifle......was less frilly. It had a 28" barrel. Only one wedge pin. No patch box. I actually have the very first one ever made. Serial #0000001 It was made in 1976 and presented to CVA's head of QC/QA. It's not your typical Frontier Rifle. It's never been fired.

Originally Posted by Blackheart
Looks like it shoots good sure enough.

It shoots like a house on fire. Shoots bugholes. I've heard others say that this isn't uncommon among Mountain Rifles.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
The only muzzleloader I've had for the last 17 years is a .50 cal T/C Hawken I picked up from an old widow at a lawn sale for 35.00. She told me it was her late husbands and that it wasn't a real gun, just a wall decoration/replica. I didn't disagree with her and happily handed over her asking price. It sure didn't look to have ever been fired. It's still in good shape and is very accurate with a .490" ball and .015" patch over 75 grains of Goex 3fg. I have killed numerous deer with it over the years.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
My first muzzleloading deer rifle was a Thompson Center .54 cal Renegade I bought in the late 1970s or early 1980s....even toted a Ruger muzzldoading pistol for a time along with my rifle....never shot anything with the pistol.
My last one was a Savage 110 ML with a Ziess Diavari C 3x9 scope on it shooting smokeless powder there were lots of others in between.....shot a coyote in the head at 210 yards and a doe at 170 yards. Kinda took the challenge out of muzzleloading.

Funny thing I owned several TCs, a couple of Lymans,, one Browning 6 or 8 different Knights and 2 Remington 700s and the Savage 110ML but nare a one junky azz CVA never gave a CVA a second look.

I'm betting GlockheAd has never killed a deer with his....

IC B2

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Denise I see you killed you some fat wittle Nannies.....

Sweety you're the only girl I know that takes pictures of does.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Yoder409
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Is that an old CVA mountain rifle ?

Yes, sir.

I've killed more deer with that rifle than any other firearm I own.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Denise I think we saw pics of every wittle deer you kilt....you should name her Nannie.

I probably uglied more deer to death than Nannie gun has kilt....

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Post us up a deer you shot with your muzzle loader....

GlockheAd the muzzle loading X'spurt.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I see LFC woke up woke up, probably from a drunken stupor. Glad you were able to get out of that deep bathtub. Should have ran some water in it and cleaned up a bit before crawling to your kEyboaRd to spount more lies and outrageous claims.

Originally Posted by LFC
My first muzzleloading deer rifle was a Thompson Center .54 cal Renegade I bought in the late 1970s or early 1980s....even toted a Ruger muzzldoading pistol for a time along with my rifle....never shot anything with the pistol.
My last one was a Savage 110 ML with a Ziess Diavari C 3x9 scope on it shooting smokeless powder there were lots of others in between.....shot a coyote in the head at 210 yards and a doe at 170 yards. Kinda took the challenge out of muzzleloading.

Yeah, because 210 yard coyote head shots with a muzzle loader aren't challenging. And 170 yard does with a muzzleloader aren't either.

Getting the reason why everyone thinks you're a phoney?

Funny thing I owned several TCs, a couple of Lymans,, one Browning 6 or 8 different Knights and 2 Remington 700s and the Savage 110ML but nare a one junky azz CVA never gave a CVA a second look.

How many total is that? And "6 or 8" Knights? Which is it, 6 or 8? That's at least 17 muzzle loaders. Not to mention all your high end shotgun muzzle loaders you claim to have owned and have pictures of somewhere but can't find. That's a lot of ML rifles to own when your two muzzleloading kills, a 210 yard headshot on a coyote and a 170 yard shot on a deer "took the challenge out of muzzleloading."

I'm betting GlockheAd has never killed a deer with his....

I'm betting all your tales are tall. All of them. A turkey and deer is more in danger around you when you're driving than when you're hunting. 30 turkeys in one year. Yeah, maybe if you ran drunk into a Butterball Farms truck. Or poached them.

And you have no right to ask for shyt, you two faced, phoney mother fugger. You constantly ask that people prove things to you and yet you persistently refuse to do the same. Like being on "this one guy's prostaff" that sent you to kill turkeys but only paid you in meat. How utterly retarded. Most phoneys at least try to be believable. But you threw caution to the wind. You don't even try to make your stories believable.

So go back to sleep, and dream up more bullshit to come here and entertain us with. No one believes anything you write. It's safe to assume it's all bullshit.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 09/21/22.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC
I see you killed you some fat wittle Nannies.....

Sweety you're the only girl I know that takes pictures of does.

It's called herd management. AND freezer filling. It's kinda looking like I'm the only one that DOES it........because I'm the only one of us two that CAN.

Come on, Luther !!! Show us a deer you killed with one of your 17 muzzleloaders.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC
You do know Luther is short for Lucifer....

Nooooo.............

It means "Lute player". smirk

Nice try, cupcake. grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC

Kinda like saying your last baseball bat was an Easton aluminum and you hit a home run during a tee-ball game. Kinda took the challenge out of baseball.

Did you ever hunt with a gun that WAS a challenge ??? Or were you always just after the participation trophy ??

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC
I can't understand the single shot mentality.

Yet, at least 17 muzzleloaders.

Originally Posted by LFC
i've owned at least 8 or 10 M1s and SBEs Benellis over the years and never had an issue

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/16950895/2

Not only the world's greatest turkey hunter, the world's greatest accumlator of firearms. He is litterally the World's Greatest World's Greatest - in his own mind.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I see both of you ladies are back to calling me a liar again.

I used to trade guns more than you traded your drawers....

Show some pictures of deer you've killed with your junky CVA muzzle loader and I might show you a picture or two.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Yoder409
Did you ever hunt with a gun that WAS a challenge ??? Or were you always just after the participation trophy ??

Not so much a challenge.....muzzleloaders and vintage hammer guns just feel good in the hand and I'd guess give you a nostalgic feeling when hunting with then.

Muzzle load hunting was ruined by the modern muzzle loading rifle....

Pennsylvania is one of the few states that seemed to recognize this.
Mississippi went so far as to make certain centerfires cartridges legal to hunt with during their primitive weapon seasons.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Post us a picture of a deer Baby Glocksucker.....

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC

Then stop lying.

Originally Posted by LFC
Post us a picture of a deer Baby Glocksucker.....

I've posted videos with at least one of my trophies in them, and pictures of others in other threads. I also don't make fanciful claims of hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of turkeys killed and refuse to back up those claims - like you do.

You know what's curious, of the 1,000+ turkeys you claim to have killed, not a single one of your youtube videos has a kill in it. Just excuses as to why you can't find a bird (your callin' done went sour) and episodes of horrific screeching on what you label a turkey call.

You are so full of [bleep]. Haven't you gotten a clue? No one wants you at this forum. No one. All you do it argue and disrupt and tell tall tales no one in their right mind would believe.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 09/21/22.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC

Show some pictures of deer you've killed with your junky CVA muzzle loader and I might show you a picture or two.

I didn't call you a liar. I just like seeing deer and muzzleliader pictures.

And I done showed you a pickup load I killed with my junky CVA.

Show me yours.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC
[quote=Yoder409]

.muzzleloaders and vintage hammer guns just feel good in the hand and I'd guess give you a nostalgic feeling when hunting with then.

Muzzle load hunting was ruined by the modern muzzle loading rifle....

Pennsylvania is one of the few states that seemed to recognize this.

Yep.

Yep.

And yep.

Pics ??

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Best I can do Denise

Page 5 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 01Foreman400, 1lessdog, 63 invisible), 2,406 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,410
Posts18,489,010
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.