Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 20 1 2 16 17 18 19 20
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Ha...I'm not Frank incognito and we have been friends since I first met him 15 or so years ago. I don't have many posts but then again the main reason I joined the campfire is a couple of the gun forums and the classified section. I only have a handful of posts but that's pretty much the way I've been going back to some of the older, now defunct forums like Custom Calls Online which I'm sure Yoder remembers. Sorry to ruin the humor but I'm pretty secure in my masculinity and I promise you it doesn't involve any of the homo innuendo mentioned above. Anyway, I'm going to try to stay above the fray of the name calling while standing by the point I made about the worth of Frank's calls. Argue with me (or him) all you want but the only calls I've seen come up for sell in recent years that will consistently command as high a price on the secondary market are Zach Farmer's trumpets or Neil Cost box calls. I see plenty of calls sell on eBay in the $300-$500 range but very few, if any, consistently above that threshold. Am I wrong? If you disagree I'm not going to get my feelings hurt. Whether it's crazy to spend that kind of money or not...well like someone else said recently in another thread...to each his own.

GB1

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Oh and by the way, how did my dog Chief do? I asked him to type that last post for me to keep the KY redneck and Texas transplant side of me from being exposed.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There was once a German dictator whose paintings were actually very good. And they sell at auction for obscene amounts of money. Sometimes the art belies the nature of the artist. Even if I were inclined to spend a large amount on some kind of art, the artist's nature would definitely affect whether or not I bought it. If that doesn't influence another buyer, well then that's no skin off my nose. Like you said, to each his own.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by TD5427
Oh and by the way, how did my dog Chief do? I asked him to type that last post for me to keep the KY redneck and Texas transplant side of me from being exposed.
He wrote "sell" when the correct word was "sale". I'd say no treats tonight. I still have a hard time believing Frank has a friend.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
There was once a German dictator whose paintings were actually very good. And they sell at auction for obscene amounts of money. Sometimes the art belies the nature of the artist. Even if I were inclined to spend a large amount on some kind of art, the artist's nature would definitely affect whether or not I bought it. If that doesn't influence another buyer, well then that's no skin off my nose. Like you said, to each his own.
Yessir, it's hard to believe anybody'd want to do business with LFC.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
Sometimes the art belies the nature of the artist.

Very good quote.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Argue with me (or him) all you want but the only calls I've seen come up for sell in recent years that will consistently command as high a price on the secondary market are Zach Farmer's trumpets or Neil Cost box calls. I see plenty of calls sell on eBay in the $300-$500 range but very few, if any, consistently above that threshold. Am I wrong?

Nope. For the vast majority of calls...................not wrong.

Some of the early or rare Lynch calls pop an $800-$1000 price tag at times. The last Miss Polly Special brought $10500. Occasionally a particular call will bubble like crazy..........like Cody friction calls did earlier this summer, with one example going for $3500. Just another case of calls selling for a ridiculous price without any good justification.

I've seen pictures. I've told Luther he builds a good looking call. Never heard one played. But I've been around long enough to know they are not 10 times better than hen boxes that cost 1/10 as much. Richard Hudson.......... Tim Bullock........... Matt Fulkerson.........Steve Turpin.........

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've got a Cody II from the 90s still in the original packaging. But it's far from my favorite. My all time favorite is my Perfection Screamin' Demon glass with the green demon. Was made in Stephenson, Va by Jim Clay. I met him many years ago at a hunting Expo here in Va when I bothered to go to such things. Nice guy and very respected.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by 10Glocks; 09/28/22.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yep. Jim is a great guy and a true gentleman.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
I didn’t understand the Cody Spec I prices earlier this year either. As for one particular call I own that fits the 1/10 price model you mention is an Albert Paul poplar/walnut call that I’ve probably had the most success with over the years. To my ears it doesn’t have anything uniquely different about it but the turkeys seem to like it. The price of Albert’s calls haven’t risen much over the years nor is the secondary market price much different than buying one directly from him. It’s one proven hunting call I’ll never part with.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As for one particular call I own that fits the 1/10 price model you mention is an Albert Paul poplar/walnut call that I’ve probably had the most success with over the years. To my ears it doesn’t have anything uniquely different about it but the turkeys seem to like it.

Yep.

Turkey doesn't care HOW much you paid for the call that kills it........OR how big the ego of the call maker is. I've killed more gobblers with a sawn/glued box call from a small and, now defunct, company out of eastern PA. Lately, though, I've been carrying Irving Whitt........Marlin Watkins..........Jackie Lea.........to name a few. But, realistically........ I've got a Flextone mini paddle that I bought at Rural King for $8 on clearance that'll hunt every bit as good as any other call I own.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Before I get get accused of violating the intent of this thread with the toned down nature of my posts I’ll throw in a fugg you guys to re-stir the pot. Carry on with your cat fighting and I’ll go back to just reading and posting occasional bullshit elsewhere.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
GFY

Gotta keep it real.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
This past spring did you really shoot your turkeys off the patio like your student Glocksucker accused you ?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And GFY to you, too, Luther. 😁😁😁

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by LFC
This past spring did you really shoot your turkeys off the patio like your student Glocksucker accused you ?
I shot a gobbler out my back door a couple years ago and will again every chance I get. Had a flock in the front yard the other day and absolutely would have blasted one out the front door if the season was open. No regrets, no apologies. I've shot a lot of critters off my lawn. A turkey ain't more or less deserving than any other.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Why does that not surprise me.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Stupid fuggin birds. If they weren't, they'd stay the hell off my lawn.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Before I get get accused of violating the intent of this thread with the toned down nature of my posts I’ll throw in a fugg you guys to re-stir the pot. Carry on with your cat fighting and I’ll go back to just reading and posting occasional bullshit elsewhere.

Your posts were civilized. So thank you for that. See how it immediately turned back to shyt with the reappearanced of your "friend" LFC? That's why this thread was created. Your friend, LFC, destroys every thread he posts in. He contributes nothing to this forum except abuse and disruption. The reason he's been banned everywhere else.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
No the reason I got banned any where was because I went up again the two or three people that thought they owned and ran the entire sight just like 3 or 4 people think they run the turkey section here.....

Show us anything you have contributed.....wait you'd have to actually know something to contribute something not my fault you know nothing about turkey hunting

Yoder409 has contributed nothing except to pound his chest and tell me "he was paid the turkey hunting and choke tube industry for over twO decades".

Then when I replied "who".....first he put me on ignore and retreated......
Then when I didn't let up on getting an answer he went to digging about who I was and attacked.

You know it's true I know it's true anyone that has been watching his antics knows its true.....

So here we are and still no answer to "WHO".

WHO WHO WHO WHO WHO WHO WHOOOOOOOOWAAA

Page 18 of 20 1 2 16 17 18 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1234, 1lesfox, 58 invisible), 2,284 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,389
Posts18,488,664
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.