-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 20 1 2 3 4 19 20
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They don't call it the "Land of the Granola" for nothing!

It's full of fruits, flakes & nuts.

Firsthand knowledge, I lived out there for several years after the Army sent me to Ft Irwin.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
GB1

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Got a few cousins who were born there. Some of my Dad's side of the family were out there from the late 70s until the mid 90s

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Love how we bitch about Mexicans that don’t stay where they’re at and try to fix their home, then bitch that Californians don’t leave and move somewhere “better”.

A lot of time the politics dont really directly effect the people that live in certain areas. I don’t think a lot of California pays stupid laws much mind.

Never been, but there’s a lot more natural beauty than there is urban pockets of scheit.

Washington and Oregon same thing. Get out of the cities into the real part of the states.

Last edited by jackmountain; 10/03/22.

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
I meet several every time I go to town. They move in around here and commence to tell me how great it was in CA and then want to change what is here to what they left in CA. Our POS governor is one of them.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Daughter lived there for 15 years. Escaped two years ago.

NRA Patron
IC B2

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
I have some first cousins out there. One owns an auto dealership in Orange that my uncle started in the ‘50s and the other is a pretty well known architect. We don’t see them very often nowadays. Several decades ago we found out that one of the wives likes to talk to her plants. 😮 Nice lady but about a quarter sin wave “off”.

Over the years in the Navy, I’ve been exposed to lots of guys and a few females from California. For the most part I think they’re a little more conservative that all the fruits and nuts that make the news. 😁

Last edited by navlav8r; 10/03/22.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I lived in Kali for 9 years when I was stationed at McClellan AFB in the 1970's. Kali was a wonderful place then. After I retired we moved to Susanville for three years, the wife's parents were there and I wanted to attend the gunsmith school at Lassen College. By 1982 it was getting really crazy there and we moved to Wyoming, been here since . I wont even go back into Kali at all now, not even to drive through.

Last edited by jnyork; 10/03/22.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Never.

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SMalloy805
" Not everybody from California can just up and move out because the state is so screwed up. Many have ties and obligations that keep them there."
Yep, this is my situation.

No offense, but that is why there are still people in England. I feel your pain though, living in a place that is growing faster than I can.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Love how we bitch about Mexicans that don’t stay where they’re at and try to fix their home, then bitch that Californians don’t leave and move somewhere “better”.

A lot of time the politics dont really directly effect the people that live in certain areas. I don’t think a lot of California pays stupid laws much mind.

Never been, but there’s a lot more natural beauty than there is urban pockets of scheit.

Washington and Oregon same thing. Get out of the cities into the real part of the states.

Pretty reasonable assessment jack..

The clown show on the fire is always good tho.

“Can’t believe anybody would live in that sheithole state”

“They need to stay in their sheithole state and not move here!”

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
10 out of 10 (literally) of the most recent homes that have sold in my subdivision have been sold to California transplants.

They act like it too.

The trespassers who cut down my fence and ran their jacked up Bro truck across my cabin property to retrieve the elk they poached (they were only out of their unit by about 8 miles and the season was closed) were from Tahoe. The bigger one, when I told him to get the fug off my property had the balls to tell me that I was "Coming at him kinda hard" and bow up on me. Stupid fug. Their entitlement mentality was unreal. My oldest child was with me and that was likely the only thing that saved those idiots.

The reputation they have has been well earned.
I've met a few... You sir are a fuqking A hole. GFY and stick you lousy ammo where you'll never forget it. Hope this exceeds your expectations you fuqking mouth breathing inbreed

Coyotes shot no waiting.
S
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
S
It’s not so bad in some areas.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

S
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
S

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Slowtrollr
It’s not so bad in some areas.

Is that ValsDad sunning in the nude?

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
10 out of 10 (literally) of the most recent homes that have sold in my subdivision have been sold to California transplants.

They act like it too.

The trespassers who cut down my fence and ran their jacked up Bro truck across my cabin property to retrieve the elk they poached (they were only out of their unit by about 8 miles and the season was closed) were from Tahoe. The bigger one, when I told him to get the fug off my property had the balls to tell me that I was "Coming at him kinda hard" and bow up on me. Stupid fug. Their entitlement mentality was unreal. My oldest child was with me and that was likely the only thing that saved those idiots.

I've met a few... You sir are a fuqking A hole. GFY and stick you lousy ammo where you'll never forget it. Hope this exceeds your expectations you fuqking mouth breathing inbreed
Sounds like bitter words from another elk poacher. Sagebrush is a good guy and you sir must be describing yourself.

Last edited by GAGoober; 10/03/22.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by GRIZZ

They act like it too.

Did you intend to reinforce Macks point?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I meet them every day
Some good just trying to survive and support their family's
Some Bad pieces of crap that I try and get away from as soon as I meet them.
I am not a Native Born Commyfornian but I have lived here longer that I have lived away from here.
I have 1 leg in Arizona and hopefully soon I will make the move 100%

This State gets its hooks into you and it is very hard to get loose from those hooks.

I have a Friend that is pushing his boss to hire me for $75 an hour with 12 hour days free lodging and food subsistence.
The drive would be about 2 hours from my place in Arizona and 5 hour from where I am now.

It does not take much thinking to make that move to go back to being an employee for that kind of money and hours and walk away from being self employed working 1 to 2 days a week for $60 an hour

We will see if it happens.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
No, actually, I haven't.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Problem is in states like this .
The major cities have the voting power and everyone else is nullified .

Same in National elections.

Basically the Mob rules sort of thing....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yup. Lotta surfers and hippies.
They're all stoned of their azz.
Not a good grape in the bunch.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
Page 2 of 20 1 2 3 4 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 57 invisible), 2,366 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,516
Posts18,472,431
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.