Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 41 of 81 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 80 81
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Does the new atheist except any proof from the legal historical method concerning anything in the material world?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Raspy
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by krp
I look at it as the Holy Spirit working through the self proclaimed atheists' here, giving the christians an opportunity to explore their own faith with clarity.

A atheist that can't help disproving God automatically denies the Holy Spirit working in them, but something is pushing them, it's pretty easy to see.

Christ said he has a plan for us all, I believe that.

Even those that say they are atheist.

Kent

Good Post Kent, as usual. While I certainly don’t disagree with your thoughts regarding atheists I do think that the 2 Australian dipshits are a different type of detritus. They aren’t atheists they are self-proclaimed ANTI-theists…..therein lies the answer to the question “why are 2 dumbfucks from a former penal colony so focused on crapping on every thread that has no relevance to their lives” (according to them)? They aren’t seeking common ground nor are they seeking information, they simply seek to destroy. Disruption and disrespect are the weapons they yield on this forum and they add nothing of value to any discussion here….at least not anything I’ve seen in their time here. It’d be akin to one of us spending hours on Democrat underground, we wouldn’t be there looking for respectful discussions and nothing they’d say would change our minds, our only purpose for “participating” would be to disrupt and denigrate their forum.

There ain’t a damn redeeming quality between the two of them, at least not anything that’s been evident here.

They are as bad as HappyCamper was on the other side trolling, I agree. But it has got to the point of dehumanizing them, when they aren't sock puppets. Paul, though not an atheist was a real threat to Christians, not in debate but physical survival. Jesus' plan for him couldn't have happened if he wasn't that threat. We would have killed Paul in the first steps on the road to Damascus and claimed victory.

Not everyone has had their Paul experience with Christ yet, disagreeable words are not a mortal enemy of our faith... unless we let them be.

We won't change those two but there are many others that are on the fence watching our reaction, and judging Christ by the christian's reaction.

Kent

Look in the mirror, guys.

krp has good words in his comments and he is absolutely not denigrating you....

Good words....? Not denigrating? Are you reading this stuff? ''They are as bad as HappyCamper was on the other side trolling,'' I don't think so. Not to mention the Ace; ''There ain’t a damn redeeming quality between the two of them...''

The fact is that it's your side that descends into engaging with ad homs and insults whenever christian faith is questioned....of course, other faiths don't matter....well, gosh, they are all wrong!

I was referring to krp's >>>>Not everyone has had their Paul experience with Christ yet, disagreeable words are not a mortal enemy of our faith... unless we let them be.
We won't change those two, but there are many others that are on the fence watching our reaction, and judging Christ by the Christian's reaction.<<<<
Kent

Seems like good words on your behalf to me....

Illegitimi non carborundum

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
There is nothing in the Bible that I’ve read that indicates the that people have Paul experiences. This is the first time that I’ve heard that. What exactly is meant by a Paul experience?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DBT
Theists tend to lack conviction in the existence of any and every version of God (or gods) other than their own. All are atheists with just one version of god removed.

Wrong....I believe in God the Bible....if another person only believes in, for example, Spinoza's version.....good for him...I have no qualms with that...

Illegitimi non carborundum

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Decline in numbers is a decline in power - when it reaches 0 it has no power.

Again you equate "power" with numbers by counting what you can see with you human eyes. I'm talking about an all powerful God who's kingdom is not dependent on our numbers of attendance. God is sovereign over everything and is not handtied by our actions.

Not carnal at all - that was just Paul taking a swipe at non-Christian believers wasn't it? I also have no soul and don't sin.

Nope, that was Jesus talking to Peter. We are all sinners, whether we know it or not.

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Both DBT and Mman show characteristics of the following:

1. - Simple atheists who have no desire to enter in to a legit non-secular discussion. Hint …they are incapable of upholding their end of any discussion. They simply retreat to tired and worn, off target catch phrases.

2. - Given the erratic nature of their posts…. Sometimes coherent and other times with off the wall, off topic and simple unsubstantiated and indefensible “statements”…… I would suspect a bot or some other prompter is involved.

3.- Both may be sufferers of Dunning-Kruger syndrome. They are not nearly as smart as they think they are. Note the heavy use of mindless catch phrases and complete lack of ability to back up their sweeping and inaccurate generalizations.

4. - They are trolls. Seems that one of their goals is to junk up and derail legitimate discussion.

They have had moderate success on #4.

Their opinions are close to being without meaning or merit.

There was one frequent agnostic/atheist poster in the past who stated that he had some goals…. One was to denigrate Christianity….another was to denigrate individual believers in online debate and another was to turn potential believers away from Jesus.

He was also…. In my opinion, a intellectually dishonest debater who would decline to enter in to any meaningful discussion. He would simply cut and paste his postings from any number of atheist websites. Much of the time,he had little no understanding of what Biblical truth was. He would quote a verse from the Bible then attach his own twisted meaning to it. Dishonest or truly a DK sufferer.

Anyway, in my opinion it is fine to respond to these two sad trolls, but they should not be given too much attention. They just junk a thread up with drivel.

Last edited by TF49; 10/05/22.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
A resurrection Is an extraordinary claim. There is zero evidence, extraordinary or ordinary. For some reason, in your mind, you think it happened. Is it because the less likely something is to happen, the more likely a one off event appears to be true? - you tell me, there's nothing rational or logical about it.

The roots of Hinduism go back a couple thousand years before Christianity. For tens of thousands of years before that, who knows? The bible conatins stories pinched from others before. There may have been a better god that was invented before reliable documentation means became available. So time of birth does have an impact - if you were born around 100BC, you would not be a Christian.

Of course a resurrection is an extraordinary event to testify to. It took something extraordinary to demonstrate to those present that Jesus was who he said he was. When he was just another dead body hanging on a cross, there was nothing extraordinary about him at that point and he would have probably been largely forgotten, or at least given no more a place in history than any other philosopher. By your "logic" an extraordinary event is not evidence of God and neither is an ordinary event, like a sunrise or a tree growing. Again, you are like Thomas and I believe you will one day have the same opportunity to have all the proof you need to believe.

What is not rational or logical is your refusal to acknowledge that the testimony of multiple people about an event = evidence of said event. While you may choose to not give the witness(es) the same amount of credibility as I do, your continued refusal to even acknowledge that evidence does exist makes you less and less credible as a purveyor of truth. You would make a wonderful press secretary for our current occupant of the White House; but unfortunately for you, the position is already filled by someone who has a similar distaste for the meaning of words and a similar willingness to ignore inconvenient facts.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
<mic drop>

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by Swamplord
Originally Posted by Swamplord
the sad thing is these so called atheists claim to not accept or believe in the existence of a Christian God, yet every single one of them rages with hatred and will go to great lengths to attack Christians at the mere mention of God, it happens everywhere on the planet & has for over 2000 years

Christians are the ones who seem to get angry and go out and do the killing - they"ll even kill other Christians. At least that's what history shows us.

You're a damned filthy liar ! You atheists have done ALL the killing... Hitler, Stalin, Mao and others slaughtered millions upon millions of people in the name of atheism & hatred of Christians

They were atheists just like you ! Put you into a position of power & you'll do exactly the same thing

Do the words inquisition and crusades mean anything to do?

Atheism is not a group that incites murder in the name of atheism. You got that ass backwards. Your good book even makes recommendations on how to treat others that don't follow suit.

As a former penal colony I’m not surprised 38.9% Australians identify as having no religion.

Yet, despite being secular, our nation is a safer place to live than the United States. Nobody has to walk around armed in fear of attack or robbery.

Hahaha!

Sucks to be you!

We also don't have to worry about sending our children to school and getting shot

Are you saying that we would be better off as subjects?

Trade my rights for safety?

Yeah...naw.

I am MAGA.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by 79S
Answer 25.6 million people…. California has more people than Australia.. looks like the government has granted you peasants the ability to go out in public again..

Percentages.

STAT

Australia United States

HISTORY

Guns per 100 residents15 Ranked 41st.88.8

Ranked 1st. 6 times more than Australia  Intentional homicide rate1.16 Ranked 51st.4.7 Ranked 7th. 4 times more than Australia

Murder rate229 Ranked 42nd.12,996 Ranked 9th. 57 times more than Australia

https://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Australia/United-States/Crime/Violent-crime

Let’s throw 300 million more people inyo Australia get back to us. The U.S has always been a melting pot. During the
Mariel boat lift Castro emptied his prisons and mental health facilities.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B3

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I have a feeling that it’s fairly common for a modern believer of scientism to the man empirical data, but ignore the theory real use of data that is collected through legal-historical methodology. I think it’s fun to watch the desert and deflect techniques used when challenged with the rationale of their own thinking. They always seem to run to something else. There definitely isn’t a lot of serious, intellectual energy being exerted. Rather, a very well memorized apologetic response. random data and half byte always showing up together to tag team is definitely suspect.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Those without faith will never understand it, nor accept it.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Those without faith will never understand it, nor accept it.

Everyone has faith. Their faith is in nothing becoming something.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I have noticed that the subjects of countries that are under the umbrella of protection of the USA are quick to point out what total pussies they are. They don’t do it intentionally but they frequently list all the freedoms they don’t have while extolling the virtues that comes with the absence of those freedoms. They brag about trading freedom for security while they freely give up their rights. Their voluntary submission to their masters is evidenced by their willingness to turn in their firearms or get injected with untested poisons. Involuntary confinement in camps designed for “quarantine” along with many other examples of blind submission illustrate how their national security being guaranteed by the USA allows them to grow soft and ignorant.

I find their supposed “need” for facts and scientific evidence disingenuous at best considering how willingly they got in line for the fake vaccines. They double down on stupid when they defend their actions especially when they’re recovering from their second or third bout with “covid” after they’ve been “vaccinated and boosted”. 😂

They’ve been hiding under daddy’s coattails for so long that they have no concept of “fight”. The “men” are free to pursue their philosophical, social and artistic interests rather than wasting time training to be a man or a warrior. They need not churn out men because they’re being protected from international bullies by the men produced in the USA.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I don't believe in gamma-rays.

You can't see them.
You can't smell them.
You can't taste them.
You can't hear them.
You can't feel them.

Obviously, if my five senses can't detect them, they don't exist.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
A resurrection Is an extraordinary claim. There is zero evidence, extraordinary or ordinary. For some reason, in your mind, you think it happened. Is it because the less likely something is to happen, the more likely a one off event appears to be true? - you tell me, there's nothing rational or logical about it.

The roots of Hinduism go back a couple thousand years before Christianity. For tens of thousands of years before that, who knows? The bible conatins stories pinched from others before. There may have been a better god that was invented before reliable documentation means became available. So time of birth does have an impact - if you were born around 100BC, you would not be a Christian.

Of course a resurrection is an extraordinary event to testify to. It took something extraordinary to demonstrate to those present that Jesus was who he said he was. When he was just another dead body hanging on a cross, there was nothing extraordinary about him at that point and he would have probably been largely forgotten, or at least given no more a place in history than any other philosopher. By your "logic" an extraordinary event is not evidence of God and neither is an ordinary event, like a sunrise or a tree growing. Again, you are like Thomas and I believe you will one day have the same opportunity to have all the proof you need to believe.

What is not rational or logical is your refusal to acknowledge that the testimony of multiple people about an event = evidence of said event. While you may choose to not give the witness(es) the same amount of credibility as I do, your continued refusal to even acknowledge that evidence does exist makes you less and less credible as a purveyor of truth. You would make a wonderful press secretary for our current occupant of the White House; but unfortunately for you, the position is already filled by someone who has a similar distaste for the meaning of words and a similar willingness to ignore inconvenient facts.

Well said brother

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Decline in numbers is a decline in power - when it reaches 0 it has no power.

Again you equate "power" with numbers by counting what you can see with you human eyes. I'm talking about an all powerful God who's kingdom is not dependent on our numbers of attendance. God is sovereign over everything and is not handtied by our actions.

Not carnal at all - that was just Paul taking a swipe at non-Christian believers wasn't it? I also have no soul and don't sin.

Nope, that was Jesus talking to Peter. We are all sinners, whether we know it or not.

Seems no god is powerful enough to make their existence undeniablly known. Either they never existed or are dead.

Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by TF49
Both DBT and Mman show characteristics of the following:

1. - Simple atheists who have no desire to enter in to a legit non-secular discussion. Hint …they are incapable of upholding their end of any discussion. They simply retreat to tired and worn, off target catch phrases.

2. - Given the erratic nature of their posts…. Sometimes coherent and other times with off the wall, off topic and simple unsubstantiated and indefensible “statements”…… I would suspect a bot or some other prompter is involved.

3.- Both may be sufferers of Dunning-Kruger syndrome. They are not nearly as smart as they think they are. Note the heavy use of mindless catch phrases and complete lack of ability to back up their sweeping and inaccurate generalizations.

4. - They are trolls. Seems that one of their goals is to junk up and derail legitimate discussion.

They have had moderate success on #4.

Their opinions are close to being without meaning or merit.

There was one frequent agnostic/atheist poster in the past who stated that he had some goals…. One was to denigrate Christianity….another was to denigrate individual believers in online debate and another was to turn potential believers away from Jesus.

He was also…. In my opinion, a intellectually dishonest debater who would decline to enter in to any meaningful discussion. He would simply cut and paste his postings from any number of atheist websites. Much of the time,he had little no understanding of what Biblical truth was. He would quote a verse from the Bible then attach his own twisted meaning to it. Dishonest or truly a DK sufferer.

Anyway, in my opinion it is fine to respond to these two sad trolls, but they should not be given too much attention. They just junk a thread up with drivel.

Ad hom.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go

The resurrection story is a third hand account that includes anonymous witnesses to an extraordinary event that went otherwise mainstream unnoticed for 40 years.

The bible has been proven to be factually, historically and morally wrong in many cases. For the rest of it, it has never been proven to be correct. This comes from research including that of biblical scholars.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Are you saying that we would be better off as subjects?

Trade my rights for safety?

Yeah...naw.

So you are scared for your own safety and don't care that your children may be shot at school, just as long as you are safe.

I don't know what you mean that we are subjects.

Well?
Page 41 of 81 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 80 81

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1minute, 219 Wasp, 007FJ, 1badf350, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,319 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,027
Posts18,500,540
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.