Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Then, in Iowa, there is RABRAI, once is enough.

I rode RAGBRAI in 2016. I had a blast, and the people from Iowa were wonderful. The event pumped a lot of money into many of those small towns. This may be my favorite RAGBRAI pic. These girls were so stinking cute and happy to be making money. I think I got one of the guys nipple hairs in my scrambled eggs.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Paul, I'm talking about driving the same way, on the same road.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Paul, I'm talking about driving the same way, on the same road.

Don't do that Wagi. Take one of the roads 5 miles away.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
10 pages. It's not hard to acknowledge that most people don't like bicyclists. Nobody likes being inconvenienced in an way, regardless of the time frame that occurs. Prome example is that I fuggin hate semis. I understand their need but that doesn't stop my unreasonable side from pissing and moaning about how slow they are, can't see around, accelerate like a snail and congest the highways. It is what it is.
The semi isn't the problem, the government regulations are.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Paul, we went to a farm sale, if we'd bought the tractor----.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I used to see that all the time when I drove the big rig. In my case, I was governed at 65, and a guy is passing me, he is governed at 65.2

It will take him 2 minutes to pass me and there will be 15 cars backed up behind him, cussing us out. This is on the flat interstate, I-10 in Texas speed limit 75.

My solution: When the passing truck got even with my rear bumper, I knocked off the cruise and slowed to 60 mph. Left lane guy passed me in ten seconds and got ahead of me in the right lane. Left lane clear for cars. And I lost 15 seconds of driving time. Gee, do that 8 times a day, and I have lost 2 minutes. Heartbreaking.

About half the truck drivers would be polite in the right lane, like I was, and the other half were a**holes. Or else just stupid hard to tell.

I wondered why those drivers that are in the right lane wouldn't lift off for a few seconds. Hell, if someone is slow passing me when I am driving an auto, I'll lift off.
Have passed a few on the shoulders. 2 semis play who has the bigger dick for 5 miles and the first clear straight shoulder becomes my lane.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by cra1948
I drive about 30,000 miles a year, here to the Canadian border, here to Missouri, wherever. A lot of my driving is on two lane, rural roads but also in town here… I can only recall once in the last several years that I was held up a bit by cyclists. There was a large organized group on the two lane going to the gun club. Probably cost me five minutes.

I think there are some people on here who must lead miserable, unhappy lives. If they get so cranked up over something as innocuous as bicyclists how do they handle the kind of real problems many of us face daily? What can it be like for their wives (if they’re still married) having some having some whining complainer around all the time?

Of course, these threads also always bring out the Walter Mitty, Rambo in their own minds, badasses…always amusing…
when it's every week , day or multiple X's a day ..

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I drive about 30,000 miles a year, here to the Canadian border, here to Missouri, wherever. A lot of my driving is on two lane, rural roads but also in town here… I can only recall once in the last several years that I was held up a bit by cyclists. There was a large organized group on the two lane going to the gun club. Probably cost me five minutes.

I think there are some people on here who must lead miserable, unhappy lives. If they get so cranked up over something as innocuous as bicyclists how do they handle the kind of real problems many of us face daily? What can it be like for their wives (if they’re still married) having some having some whining complainer around all the time?

Of course, these threads also always bring out the Walter Mitty, Rambo in their own minds, badasses…always amusing…

You are in deep schidt now.

I wouldn't be to bothersome if I was caught behind the Doc for say 3-4 hours........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Gentlemen, we all need the trucks to deliver all the goods.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag

You are in deep schidt now.

I wouldn't be to bothersome if I was caught behind the Doc for say 3-4 hours........

Little do you know. We rode RAGBRAI together.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I’d much rather encounter a cyclist on the road than one of those flat billed retards driving a truck with a Carolina squat. That is some dumb scheit. Around here your constantly held up by tractors, combines, Mennonite buggies, school busses, Mennonites on bikes, old ladies driving 10mph under etc…

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I’d much rather encounter a cyclist on the road than one of those flat billed retards driving a truck with a Carolina squat. That is some dumb scheit. Around here your constantly held up by tractors, combines, Mennonite buggies, school busses, Mennonites on bikes, old ladies driving 10mph under etc…
Carolina squat with such offset the inside sidewalls are even with the outside of the fenders.

About a 50 series with 2" of sidewall. Wonder how their paint looks after a year!?!?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Can you imagine the PSSD that this would cause our members?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
We have little pieces of farm land scattered about and I hate holding up traffic when we have to move large equipment around.

Try to plan our moves early in the morning.

The fact that some people are so self important as to create delays and safety hazards in the name of recreation is all I need to know about that individual.

Paul is a self righteous bi-sexual idiot.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The only time that bicyclists bother me on the road is when they are involved in an organized century ride and feel empowered to ride 8 or 10 abreast across both lanes of a 2 lane road. Some of them will even swerve across the center line when you're passing, as if they were daring you to hit them.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Paul likes women?

Who knew.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
He's married and obviously has his wife fooled but that sonuvabitch is gay as fuuck.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokepole

Paul likes women?

Who knew.

lolololol

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
He's married and obviously has his wife fooled but that sonuvabitch is gay as fuuck.

LMAO ! Nailed it !!!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

lolololol. Things is heating up in here. I already have my daily bag limit, so I am dialing it back.

Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

618 members (257_X_50, 2500HD, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 16penny, 59 invisible), 2,610 guests, and 1,357 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,712
Posts18,475,522
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.