Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 23 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 22 23
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Can you think past Ukraine?

What's the long game look like.

How much different would WWII have looked if the allies supported Czechoslovakia and stopped Hitler there?

The Ignorant one is you who believes Putin would have willingly stopped at the borders of Ukraine. Like Macgregor, you seem willing to let Russia have Ukraine, how about the rest of Europe. Should we just let them have everything behind the old Iron Curtain up to Berlin, or all of Europe, everything to the Atlantic Ocean?
All we know is that WW2 turned out really bad for about half the world. The world we set out to save in 1917 and 1941. In thwarting the ambitions of Germany and Japan we facilitated the communist takeover of a bunch of Asia and Europe by China and the Soviet Union. Would Hitler or Japan been worse? We don't know.

We do know that neither Germany or Japan threatened the continental USA.

Now due to our policing the world we are broke and hopelessly in debt. And now we keep pouring billions of borrowed $$$$ into the God forsaken SH of a country Ukraine.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I’ve asked before and nobody wants to give a straight answer. You think it’s funny and awesome etc etc that the gay boy’s troops are using US munitions gifted, and the higher ups are lining their pockets strait up with cash stolen from me and every other American citizen at gunpoint.

Have you donated directly to Kiev? To the Ukes effort with your own money, or are you content to run your mouth in the internet?

MAGA
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Russia entering Ukraine shìt in our sandbox….

Besides, if your wife ever leaves you, where you going to find a new one? Not in ND, but don't worry, I'll have a deal for you a new newer model from Ukraine.

I have to take issue with several things in your post but I think your first assertion, as incorrect as it is, gives us insight into your alternate universe. Ukraine is NOT “our sandbox”….hell, Ukraine ain’t even our outhouse in the back 40. Ukraine is a historically Russian (Soviet) possession that was supposedly “gifted” their “independence” AFTER 1991. We owe Ukraine NOTHING. If anything the long held Soviet style beliefs run deep with Ukraine, just as deep as their Einsatzgruppen roots of relatives.

I’m not going to debate your philosophy on global trade and just how much it benefits me (until it doesn’t) because trade has nothing to do with our participation in Ukraine! Ukraine is not even a fart in the wind as far as important trading partners or global trade giants go so any argument that we need Ukraine to better our lives in the USA falls flat. Ukraine is the money laundering sandbox for the world’s elites and oligarchs but it isn’t “OUR” sandbox…

Real guys that have their sh.it together and haven’t let themselves grow fat and bitter can find a wife….but most importantly we can keep the one we have satisfied and aren’t constantly having to look for another woman to put up with our bitter, ugly ass (not meant at anyone here, general statement) until they too tire of that. Mail order brides are not necessary for a nice, socially adjusted man and are never a safe long term bet. 😉

Guys that wanna throw money around for some temporary “tang” can feel free to do as they please but they aren’t a subset of the population that I envy.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I’ve asked before and nobody wants to give a straight answer. You think it’s funny and awesome etc etc that the gay boy’s troops are using US munitions gifted, and the higher ups are lining their pockets strait up with cash stolen from me and every other American citizen at gunpoint.

Have you donated directly to Kiev? To the Ukes effort with your own money, or are you content to run your mouth in the internet?

Logic and reason has no place in this discussion.

Aren't you smart enough to have learned from decades of benevolent MSM indoctrination the Ruskie commies wil forever be a Supreme threat to you and your family?

Crap, even Northmam, Lostashell, Funkybone and Houston_2 were smart enough to learn that.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by efw
The problem from my perspective is that I’ve lost the faith you seem to hold unquestioningly to if you’re going to draw that historical parallel, and that is that our governing elites are the good guys (England) and not the bad guys (Germany).

My sense is that those here who served in the military during the Cold War haven’t appropriately grappled with that question.

Over the past few years I’ve seen the deceptiveness and ways that I’ve been drug into this whole thing and found it pretty distressing.

Our ruling elites are the bad guys on the global stage. By that I mean our government and the oligarchs who control the companies that the government uses to keep us placated.

Your position assumes that those people all of a sudden are doing the right thing in Ukraine.

That to me is insane, ignorant, or evil.

Is it your position that the Russians are the "Good guys" and the West, including the U.S. are the "Bad Guys"? If so, shouldn't you move to Russia? Since the founders of BLM were trained in Russia, does that make them the "Good Guys"? Who exactly where those Russians, in Moscow, that trained the founders of BLM and could they have possibly had an ulterior motive?

Yes, my experiences are different from your, and as a result I see things different than you. Much of economics is about choices and making choices. In introduction you seemed to presume there's a good choice and a bad choice to be made in this conflict. Sometimes there are no good choices, only bad and less bad choices. Sure, Biden's and idiot, and the Ukraine is corrupt. But it's till less corrupt than Russia, and Putin still see's himself and the new Peter the Great and seek to expand Russia and return it to it's prior glory.

And that's why The Cold War never really ended. Sure we got so far ahead on points we quit playing, and started new games with other friends in Middle East, but the Cold War never really ended, both side just took a breather, similar to the interwar period between WWI and WWII. Ukraine is just the new playground for this 77 year competition between us. If the Russians want to play, that's fine, we'll let them exhaust themselves in Ukraine, chew through all their best equipment, a generation of young men, and leave themselves too exhausted to venture past the Stan's for another 30 years. Sure, in a few decades they'll be back, but in the mean time they'll be relegated to cyber attacks and training the leaders of the next, Occupy Wall-Streeter, BLM, or what ever name they use for the next group of malcontents they convince to burn down their own neighborhoods.

I don’t GAS about Russia. They have their problems and they’re not mine.

We have a whole lotta problems in this country that our ruling elite ignore to our peril even as they act concerned about Ukraine.

From my point of view you address concerns within your sphere first, then move out from there. Ukraine is in Europe. Our ruling elites are here.

Our bad guys are a nearer and more eminent threat than Russia therefore we should take care of them first.

Our ruling elites are using Russia to distract you from your beef with them and it’s working just like it did with COVID. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice…

Sheeple who follow propaganda are easy to manipulate. Again take your pick insane, ignorant, or evil. Those are the choices.

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Those things were landing on them and detonating but it didn’t look like much damage was done. While I wouldn’t play catch with those “bombs” they appear to be more akin to an large firework then a bomb or even hand grenade. I’m rather impressed with the accuracy they seem to achieve with such a primitive delivery system. They should’ve caused a lot more carnage than they did.

Ace, they're dropping pretty small munitions ranging anywhere from the size of a 20mm projectile to about 5 pounds. There's several versions of small commercial drones they use, one's even fitted with a six round rotating magazine. They can drop various munitions such as fragmentation and AP. Some are adopted from other munitions such as rifle fired grenades and others look more purpose built.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Hastings
Now due to our policing the world we are broke and hopelessly in debt. And now we keep pouring billions of borrowed $$$$ into the God forsaken SH of a country Ukraine.

This isn't just about Ukraine. It's about much more.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E

I have to take issue with several things in your post but I think your first assertion, as incorrect as it is, gives us insight into your alternate universe. Ukraine is NOT “our sandbox”….hell, Ukraine ain’t even our outhouse in the back 40. Ukraine is a historically Russian (Soviet) possession that was supposedly “gifted” their “independence” AFTER 1991. We owe Ukraine NOTHING.

I have no idea how anyone can say Ukraine is our sandbox.

Grandiosity in things military was somewhat workable during the Cold War but it’s destabilizing now.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by efw

I have to take issue with several things in your post but I think your first assertion, as incorrect as it is, gives us insight into your alternate universe. Ukraine is NOT “our sandbox”….hell, Ukraine ain’t even our outhouse in the back 40. Ukraine is a historically Russian (Soviet) possession that was supposedly “gifted” their “independence” AFTER 1991. We owe Ukraine NOTHING.

I have no idea how anyone can say Ukraine is our sandbox.

Grandiosity in things military was somewhat workable during the Cold War but it’s destabilizing now.

It's not just Ukraine. It's not even really about Ukraine. This is Chess, not checkers. You need to be looking 10 moves a head:

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
If you think our ruling elites are trustworthy enough to be playing global chess with a nuclear power I just don’t even know how we can have a discussion that goes anything but how these discussions always go.

You all really need to let go of any and all sense that our elites have anything like the best long term good in mind for our country, much less the globe. It’s the opposite; they’re colluding to activity drain our country & the western alliances we’ve created throughout our history of any and all wealth they can with no regard for the fundamental wellbeing of the citizens whatsoever.

If you can’t see that we can’t even find a common dialect in which to speak. It’ll break down as it always does.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
But it's good to know antelope is on the same level as muglia and Burns.

#stupid

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Inquiring minds want to know?

Have we ever recieved a better ROI on a our arms and money?

Kurds. And then we phoocked them over. A couple dozen times so far.

That's a fair point.

The YPG fought hard and we gave them some arms but we also had boots on the ground.

Last edited by JohnBurns; 11/12/22.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
That's a fair point.

The YPG fought hard and we gave them some arms but we also had boots on the ground.

Maybe sell some rifles and go low-cal for three months.

Crazy thought, I know.

LOL

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Why do we care? Where do we get the money? Don't we have a lot of projects going not done here in the lower 48 and Alaska because we don't have the money.

Is there a reasonable expectation that some foreign super power would mount a cross ocean invasion of the USA? That is unless we get so financially and politically unhinged that we couldn't fight back. We seemingly already have a fifth column.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Why do we care? Where do we get the money? Don't we have a lot of projects going not done here in the lower 48 and Alaska because we don't have the money.

Is there a reasonable expectation that some foreign super power would mount a cross ocean invasion of the USA? That is unless we get so financially and politically unhinged that we couldn't fight back. We seemingly already have a fifth column.

He is a globalist Hastings, don't waste your time.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Somebody blew the dam,....or at least somebody made the attempt to.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/v...assive-explosion-at-dam-in-kherson-video

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by deflave
But it's good to know antelope is on the same level as muglia and Burns.

#stupid

LOL

His Wife’s Name is Foggy Bottoms on Wisconsin Avenue..

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
You know Burns doesn’t donate to the cause because he’s so broke he don’t pay taxes.

LOL

Antelope sniper is probably a school teacher. He certainly has the IQ for it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Antelope_sniper - an atheist progressive. Who woulda thunk those 2 go together?

There's nothing conservative about supporting the Ukraine. The Founding Fathers would be slitting Deep State throats if we got so involved in foreign alliances.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Somebody blew the dam,....or at least somebody made the attempt to.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/v...assive-explosion-at-dam-in-kherson-video

Orcs gonna do Orc things.

Does not look like it was the dam proper but the crossing on the left bank.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Page 15 of 23 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (1234, 10gaugeman, 153, 160user, 10Glocks, 52 invisible), 2,346 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,531
Posts18,472,723
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.