Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

That pic is like a bowl of Ramen noodles puked up after a couple bottles of MD 20/20... Plum Supreme.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
She can only do her best,as she saves for her first camera and "lives" vicariously. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fhuqking LAUGHING!

P.S. and by the way,you'd of saved goodly by calling Doug for NIB. Hint............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have bagged some Boone and Crockett class sock puppets.

But my real cred is in my staged pics.

Thanks for the laugh smile

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Big Stick
P.S. and by the way,you'd of saved goodly by calling Doug for NIB. Hint............

I have probably bought 30 scopes from Doug and Neil...

You make really stupid assertions and assumptions sometimes...

Regardless... Thanks for the opinion on the Helos... I have one inbound... we will see.

How is the eye box?

Of... nevermind... to you never answer questions... just type like Obiden talks...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Weren't my intent to hurt your VERY Tender Feelers,nor throw you into a punctuation Tissy. Hint.

I simply paid quite a bit less. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
I simply paid quite a bit less. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

You sound like a Wizard also...

How is the eye box?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm not the one asking questions and long ago coined my own punctuation. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Brad

Well, I never kill much other than time Brad, so I have to add value to 'Fire discussions in some other way.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Brad

Well, I never kill much other than time Brad, so I have to add value to 'Fire discussions in some other way.

Being the Luckiest Guy on the Fire and the Official Spandex Test Dummy should be enough responsibility for anyone.😜

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by acy
I'm looking at replacing the scope on the rifle that I usually take on hunting trips when I leave the state. Not overly concerned about the glass. In my opinion, any decent scope is going to have glass that is good enough to do what rifle scope glass is supposed to do. My number one concern is with the internals. When I dial in an adjustment, I want it to go where it was adjusted immediately, not after two or three shots (or worse yet, some inconsistent amount). I've only dialed on half a dozen animals over the years; but when I do, I want dead nuts reliable.

I've read here about the Athlon Helos and SWFA. Seems as though guys are pretty happy with them. Anything else to consider?
Thanks, Al

Check out the Arken website. Great deals on the 34mm SH series right now. And two new ones coming out with 30mm tube and Japanese ED glass for less than $500 including rings / throw lever / flip up scope caps. Arkens have very good glass and excellent adjustment.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've not opened any Arken parcels,since this morning. Hint.

At least you gals can afford to "live" vicariously. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
She can only do her best,as she saves for her first camera and "lives" vicariously. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Better change bullets, shot that deer in half !

Damn. grin

TB, CWD and Covid-19 , free so far.....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
120 Match Burner and they're the best BC Smooch to date,in a Carbon Queen. In that context,I think purty highly of 'em,though Venison do not. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
laugh laugh laugh

TB, CWD and Covid-19 , free so far.....
A
acy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Hey Stick, I see that you are also running some Arken. How would you compare the Arken 4x16 to the Athlon 2x12? Reticle on both are illuminated and look pretty user friendly. Power range is close enough for my needs. Internals? Thanks for your input on this. I appreciate it. Al

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm in double digits of each cited glass,obviously with all of both flavors being MIL/MIL. Hint.

By default of mass alone,the 2-12x is a better Utility glass,due the 10 ounces weight difference (25.5 vs 35.5). I reckon the 30mm and 34mm tubes skew same,for like reasons. Hint.

I'd reference the 2-12x as Killing Glass and the 4-16x as Giggle Glass for Play Toys. The 2-12's reticle and illumination are bolder,to quantify same. I quit trying to shoot "through" the 2-12's reticle,for tiny Agg's and simply subtend to TDC of the center dot and can due tidy work,as per whim. The Barkin' Arken reticle's floating center point,is VERY easy to shoot "through" and that by design. Hint.

2-12x out the kitchen window. Hint.

4-16x a bit farther from the porch. Hint.

Sighted in a NIB Arken yesterday,aboard a beloved 223AI and was done with a 250yd zero in (2) shots,then confirming come-up's in the morning's atmosphere. Athlon behaves in the same manner,meaning I've never had a tracking,repeat or zero retention issue in a fair representation of both(double digits). Hint.

To delve a bit more into Utility Killing,the 2-12's boast locking windage and elevation turrets,which the Barkin' Arken do not...though both have sound mechanical zero stops,on their elevation turrets. Both have 35 MIL's+ of elevation travel,which do not suck and trounces many. Hint.

The 2-12's erector is (10) Mil's per revolution,though the 4-16's is (8) for same. Given a choice,I'd prefer (10) per spin on the '16x,but I tend to pay attention to things a smidge,so it hasn't been anything approaching an "issue". Hint.

Now delving a different direction,the added ass of the '16x do soak recoil and I find it a viable benefit,upon multiple platforms. Namely upon several 7mm RemMags and 280's,slated to 180 ELD duties. It even enhances follow through on Rimfires. I've not set one atop a Play Toy and regretted or thunked about removing it. Hint.

Just sayin'.................

A
acy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Thanks. Think I'll go with the Athlon.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by acy
Thanks. Think I'll go with the Athlon.

Call us, 516-217-1000, for Black Friday pricing now smile

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Call them get the 8x32 sigs for $200 off while you’re at it.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
I'm not the one asking questions and long ago coined my own punctuation. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

I have one inbound and will report back about the Eye Box because you are too fugging stuipid and self absorbed to type a simple "Yes" or "No" answer.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............. at YOU...

Moron...

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

124 members (2UP, 2500HD, 405winash, 10Glocks, 35, 1OntarioJim, 8 invisible), 1,605 guests, and 903 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,495
Posts18,472,122
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.