Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Co-momorbidities are common with all personality disorders. You learn to deal with the primary,...then you learn to deal with all off the offshoots.

But they're women. All of them are crazy to one extent or another.

If you're a healthy heterosexual man who wants a woman, you're going too have to deal with her crazy schitt. It's just part of the deal.

it's a small price to pay and everybody understands , alternative is to join incel

GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Had a guy working for me years ago. Had terrible ocd about cleaning things.

First clue was we went to a bar on new years eve while on the road. Just going to have drinks and sit around BS. He goes and gets a towel and completely cleans the table tops where we were sitting. They were not dirty, AT ALL.

Couple examples: We worked pretty much every day and often drove 300-500 miles at night to get to the next place. Every minute delayed getting on the road, was a minute less sleep a guy got. He would stand outside the truck for over 10 minutes methodically cleaning every bit of the tread of his work boots before getting in the truck. Spend half an hour cleaning stuff that would immediately be dirty as heck the next morning. Drove me insane. Final straw was when we were in a hotel one afternoon.I hear the water in the tub running forever. I looked in the open door and he is sitting there scrubbing one of his ball caps with a toothbrush. I joked he might need medication. Holy buckets did he blowup. I think I touched a nerve.

I wanted to feel sorry for his fiance, but she was a real peach too.

Montana MOFO
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I had OCD. Everything had to be done in multiples of three, to the extent possible, or I'd expect bad things to happen. I ate lunch at 12:33 every day, always stopped the gas pump when it showed .33, checked door locks three times before leaving, etc.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
My hunting buddy. Love him like a brother, drives me nuts. Most anal, OCD person I’ve ever met. He’s been that way his whole life.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
A shooting buddy has it pretty bad, or I should say he has it pretty good as he's found wonderful outlets for it. He started shooting benchrest matches & in about 10 years from never having been to one he's won two national championship matches in 1 association & 2 time shooter of the year in his class in another association. His pickiness & having all his ducks in a row worked perfectly for him.

But that wasn't enough. He wanted more control over things, bought a lathe & mill & in just a short time his barrel chambering jobs were winning matches.

I set up & leveled his lathe for him when he first got it & felt pretty good about my work. He since told me that after he watched me & better understood the procedure, he went back later & re-did it. The schithead.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Have you seen the garage thread?

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Worked with a dude that was pretty bad, he would bring his lunch every day and watching him eat was a real show. I felt bad for the guy. Come to find out he and his siblings were abused growing up. Some things he couldn't get away from, every time he'd sit down he put his knee's together and put both hands flat on his thighs. Very good tech but some of the customers would ask for another tech as he would weird a few out. Everything had to be done right by the book, he could not stand being out of the "box".

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
I have never met a smart programmer who didn't have OCD , it's a requirement. because finding a solution to a computer requires iterative approach.

programmers will tell you they come with answer while on the john or shower , driving etc...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
most of Germany

first time I was there there were Krauts raking the forest , cleared up some things for me anyway.

.... like tears in the rain
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Funny as hell video. Reminds me of Lady Macbeth.

IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
It is only Obsessive Compulsive Disorder if it causes the person to be dysfunctional... I am OC, Obsessive Compulsive about certain things. Being OC helps me to be a very proficient Project Manager. I have never had a "perfect" project. But they go in on time, on budget, and deliver expected functionality...

Most people prefer their surgeons to be Obsessive Compulsive about performing the very best surgery possible. Most people would prefer their airline pilots are OC taking off and landing aircraft by the numbers.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Remsen
I had OCD. Everything had to be done in multiples of three, to the extent possible, or I'd expect bad things to happen. I ate lunch at 12:33 every day, always stopped the gas pump when it showed .33, checked door locks three times before leaving, etc.

You are just like Nicola Tesla.

"It’s reported that Tesla started showing symptoms of OCD around 1917 when he became obsessed with the number three. It had to be a three, or a multiple of three. When taking his daily swim at the public pool, he always swam 33 laps, but if he lost count he said he couldn’t leave, and instead had to start over from zero. He often had an urge to circle a city block three times before entering a building.

Tesla worked every day from 9:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.

He also became obsessed with germs, he polished every dining implement he used to perfection, demanded three folded cloth napkins beside his plate at every meal using 18 napkins. He also stayed in a hotel room with a number divisible by three (he lived the last ten years of his life in suite 3327 on the 33rd floor of the New Yorker Hotel)."

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Orion2000
It is only Obsessive Compulsive Disorder if it causes the person to be dysfunctional... I am OC, Obsessive Compulsive about certain things. Being OC helps me to be a very proficient Project Manager. I have never had a "perfect" project. But they go in on time, on budget, and deliver expected functionality...

Most people prefer their surgeons to be Obsessive Compulsive about performing the very best surgery possible. Most people would prefer their airline pilots are OC taking off and landing aircraft by the numbers.

I wonder what people say about you. I believe you .

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by persiandog
Originally Posted by Orion2000

I wonder what people say about you. I believe you .

grin

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
My wife is the OCD queen. Everything has to be in it's assigned spot, laundry has to be folded perfectly, and put away just right. If I hang a shirt or jacket over the back of a chair in the kitchen, 5 minutes later when I come back for it, it's already gone. Occasionally, just for laughs, I purposely put something in an unauthorized location just to set her off.........

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Don't judge me because there's a buckeye in my pocket

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I keep clicking on 24HCF.

Help me, Doc!

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MPat70
You know, back in the day we didn't know anything about OCD. If someone did something out of the norm we would just say "he's set in his ways"

“He’s real particular…”

😂😂😂😂

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
My college roommate had it and still does. I remember when I first noticed it, he spent two minutes spreading tuna fish on a piece of bread. It had to be on it just perfectly or else. I was like dude, wtf?

Anyway he went on to be a big wig working for the Army Corps of Engineers on the Mississippi.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Me...
Clean and well kept firearms
Vehicle stuff
Gun project stuff

Sure as fuuuk nothing OCD related to cutting grass concerning me.
🤣🤣🤣

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1badf350, 260madman, 25aught6, 2500HD, 1234, 260Remguy, 67 invisible), 2,465 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,945
Posts18,519,152
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.