Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by BFaucett
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I think there’s one Caucasian in that pic. Indian and Asian demographics represent!

Every single person in that picture could be in the modern version of Revenge of the Nerds. They all look like they are just begging for a wedgy, a swirly or just a good garbage canning. 😂

Prorammers are weird people, but if they are prepared to work "With High Intensity" and for Free Speech, I like them :o)

Last edited by KillerBee; 11/19/22.

KB

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Musk's reply... grin grin [Linked Image from crater-outdoors.net]

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
End of the day….folks gotta eat. Capitalism at work. Impressive run by Musk.

Yup.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

For those that may be living under a rock:

On the left, Samuel Bankman-Fried, founder and former CEO of the cryptocurrency exchange FTX.

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Of course a white African American is the bad guy

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Yes, a tiny victory, we are happy about this, but in a way, we shouldn't be really. Turning free speech into a popularity contest? The masses get to vote who gets free speech? To me, I interpret this as Musk still doesn't understand a constitutional republic, and how it protects the unpopular as well as the popular. If you don't get my point...how about a popular vote, pure democracy, deciding on the 2nd Amendment? With the generations succeeding the boomers, Mil,X, Y, Z, voting en mass, chances are we'd lose. Imagine a popular vote on slave reparations in the days after George Floyd. It would have passed.

In my mind, what is bad is we have twisted the definitions of words so much that it is expected a private enterprise is to be the granter of free speech.

Free speech is totally a restriction on the government and we have morphed it to being every private entity can not restrict anything. Totally not what the founders had in mind.
You make a good point Cheesy, and you are legally right. It's Musk's business, he gets to say how it's run. But since the the Vietnam war, the media and journalism are no longer "the fourth branch of govt" as envisioned by the founders...being this country's whistleblowers and truth tellers. The 'Communications Decency Act of 1996" lets social media restrict speech and generally be exempt from the 1st Amendment. Do you smell fish? I do. The founders could not have envisioned the total collapse of journalistic ethics.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Letting Trump back on Twitter is a start. But to gain my trust, Elon Musk has to follow through with this ..

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
It appears that all of Trump’s tweets have been restored, but his account no longer follows anyone. He also has to regain all of his followers, which reached nearly a million within an hour of his account being restored.

We’ll see if Trump comes back.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

I think there’s one Caucasian in that pic. Indian and Asian demographics represent!

That's because the majority are H-1b visa workers. They are somewhat trapped and don't have the luxury of leaving like the American workers. However if they could leave I doubt many would because they aren't really caught up in all the noise around Elon. Plus the ones getting fired are the American workers because they cost more to employ. -tnscouter

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by tnscouter

That's because the majority are H-1b visa workers. They are somewhat trapped and don't have the luxury of leaving like the American workers. However if they could leave I doubt many would because they aren't really caught up in all the noise around Elon. Plus the ones getting fired are the American workers because they cost more to employ. -tnscouter

Cost more to employee, and likely produce 50% of their foreign equivalent.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Yes, a tiny victory, we are happy about this, but in a way, we shouldn't be really. Turning free speech into a popularity contest? The masses get to vote who gets free speech? To me, I interpret this as Musk still doesn't understand a constitutional republic, and how it protects the unpopular as well as the popular. If you don't get my point...how about a popular vote, pure democracy, deciding on the 2nd Amendment? With the generations succeeding the boomers, Mil,X, Y, Z, voting en mass, chances are we'd lose. Imagine a popular vote on slave reparations in the days after George Floyd. It would have passed.

In my mind, what is bad is we have twisted the definitions of words so much that it is expected a private enterprise is to be the granter of free speech.

Free speech is totally a restriction on the government and we have morphed it to being every private entity can not restrict anything. Totally not what the founders had in mind.

Remember, done people look for a reason to whine and will look for defeat everywhere they can. That's why we're in this mess. Thank God gen Xer saved us again!
I'm seeing a pattern develop...

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The left is freaking out on Twitter like I have never seen. So much rainbow colored saber rattling…

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
The left is freaking out on Twitter like I have never seen. So much rainbow colored saber rattling…

I was just reminded again this morning that it is actually a modified rainbow, POY G BIV, not ROY G BIV. Pink representing homosexual sex. Disgusting!

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by troublesome82
Originally Posted by Jeffrey

I was just reminded again this morning that it is actually a modified rainbow, POY G BIV, not ROY G BIV. Pink representing homosexual sex. Disgusting!

I feel like homo sex should be represented by brown to signify the poop on their queer dikcs

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
So

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Free speech is totally a restriction on the government and we have morphed it to being every private entity can not restrict anything.

"Free Speech" is not a restriction on the government, it is a right everyone is born with. The First Amendment is a restriction on the Federal Government to prevent it from interfering with that right.

Pointing out that a private entity interferes with Free Speech is a reasonable thing to do even though the First Amendment does not apply to them, because the right to it exists outside the First. In Twitter's case the government did not take legal action for restricting Free Speech. People who thought they could better meet Twitter customers' needs bought them and are starting to run it according to their principles. To the extent there is a free market that is the free market at work.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
FTC has to investigate and shut Twitter down or get Elon to agree to certain restrictions on activity.

The Govt is crapping their pants the servers are tied to the CY A and they dont want the reveal coming that the Govt was directing Twitter to block certain people and groups and they dont want it revealed which pukes like Zero and Kilery and Schumer and Piglosi were the ones directing the CY A to have twitter act.

Now, how far up the chain of command in the Govt corruption go. Does this lead to communications of the CY A and 5 EYES and WEF and CCP and Soros and their communications to Zero, Kilery, Piglosi, etc.

The truth is coming out about Googles interference in and manipulating elections. If tied to foreign sources that would be treasonous since the US is in a declared state of War.

Why Q said FB, Google, You Tube and others are going down.

Last edited by jaguartx; 11/20/22.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (160user, 12344mag, 1936M71, 1234, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 56 invisible), 2,546 guests, and 1,388 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,690
Posts18,475,125
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.