-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
After my operation and a month on pain meds in the hospital I had a tough time on the crapper as well. They finally let me out. My buddy gave me a ride home about fifteen minutes away. I walked in the house and into the crapper and had the best movement in a month.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Prayers continue.
I hope they've done some road repair since I was last up that way.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by splattermatic
The gas bubbles moving were horrible pain, now add that to where they cut my left side, and bent me to install cages at l2, and l3, then my back hardware, I HURT.
I am have pretty good movement now, so they gave me oxy to help with the surgery pains.
I've been taking oxy as needed for months. I know about addiction, so I stayed away from the them as much as possible.
I have alot of them saved.....
I'm sure I'll be going home today.

With respect, the fact that you have “alot of them saved” is very concerning. Hearing this, alarms are going off for anyone who deals with addiction. It can imply (hopefully incorrectly) that you might tend to self medicate. My unsolicited advice is get referral to a pain clinic upon discharge and do exactly as they advise; and dispose of any stockpiled opiates today.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Man, my heart goes out to you. I have been through 8 major joint surgeries and a double hernia surgery. If you are like me, the immobility is bad enough. Adding in fiery hot pain makes it really suck balls. Don't know what to say or do to lift your spirits. If probably have a few more shart stories I haven't told.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WMR
The gas bubbles moving were horrible pain, now add that to where they cut my left side, and bent me to install cages at l2, and l3, then my back hardware, I HURT.
I am have pretty good movement now, so they gave me oxy to help with the surgery pains.
I've been taking oxy as needed for months. I know about addiction, so I stayed away from the them as much as possible.

With respect, the fact that you have “alot of them saved” is very concerning. Hearing this, alarms are going off for anyone who deals with addiction. It can imply (hopefully incorrectly) that you might tend to self medicate. My unsolicited advice is get referral to a pain clinic upon discharge and do exactly as they advise; and dispose of any stockpiled opiates today.

I live with chronic pain. I am never pain free. The intensity varies from nagging to excruciating. I can see how people who suffer chronic pain could become addicted. Literally the only time I have had pain free moments over the past 5 years has been when I took opiates following surgery. It's hard to describe just how nice it is to have a few fleeting moments of pain free life. Immediately following surgery they dull the pain. After the surgical inflammation subsides, taking one can deliver the peace of precious pain free minutes. To me, it doesn't even give me a high feeling. Just no pain and a sense of peace. I fully understand how people can become addicted. They scare the schidt out of me.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've had enough humpty dumpy repairs to have had several Oxy scripts. I got off it ASAP because of the driving restrictions. It will knock pain like nothing else: but the one time I had to take it 3-4 days, I felt like total $hit by the end of it.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by WMR

I live with chronic pain. I am never pain free. The intensity varies from nagging to excruciating. I can see how people who suffer chronic pain could become addicted. Literally the only time I have had pain free moments over the past 5 years has been when I took opiates following surgery. It's hard to describe just how nice it is to have a few fleeting moments of pain free life. Immediately following surgery they dull the pain. After the surgical inflammation subsides, taking one can deliver the peace of precious pain free minutes. To me, it doesn't even give me a high feeling. Just no pain and a sense of peace. I fully understand how people can become addicted. They scare the schidt out of me.

Wow, do I understand your post! Good luck!

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
By saved up, I mean I didn't take 1 every 4 hours like prescribed, and have the extras still.
I'll be leaving with scripts, so I'll be good on pain management.
I will only be taking as needed.
With having a great care giver, a house with no steps, and a flat walking path around a stocked pond, I can not see me needing to use the medication much.

Last edited by splattermatic; 12/03/22.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Praying for some pain free recovery….or at least pain free as it ever seems to get at our age

Mathew 22: 37-39

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Careful shooting too soon after all of this! I tried patterning a turkey gun 3 months after my surgery. 1 shot was enough...

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'm lost for words, I'll keep Praying.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Wishing you the best, with a fast and complete recovery! While your gut is not working, it’s good to see that your priorities are in order…….keeping the fire burning! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I'm blessed in that meds don't stop me up. I'm a regular kind of guy. My agony comes as soon as I come around. I had a right TKR 5 years ago and was so sick I couldn't open my eyes. Having not eaten in over 12 hours all I had was dry heaves. I tried a few crackers and soda, it all came up if I opened my eyes. I ended up staying an extra night just for that. The next morning I had breakfast and took my morning dump like nothing happened, well, except for my knee.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I just want to shoot a few ducks over my pup before the season ends.
Thanks guys your all great.
Can't sleep because my hip is screaming at me. Damn, it hurts.
I won't be going out much, if any.
I have a wonderful wife who is taking great care of me here, and even better at home. I won't want for anything.

Have you tried any Benzodiazepines for the pain?
I know they’ve helped me in the past when the opioids didn’t do schitt…

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
I just want to shoot a few ducks over my pup before the season ends.
Thanks guys your all great.
Can't sleep because my hip is screaming at me. Damn, it hurts.
I won't be going out much, if any.
I have a wonderful wife who is taking great care of me here, and even better at home. I won't want for anything.

Have you tried any Benzodiazepines for the pain?
I know they’ve helped me in the past when the opioids didn’t do schitt…

benzos are more addictive and almost worse than oxy. You can actually die trying to come off a Benzo addiction

When you get home and weaned oof of pain killers look at radically changing your diet to low carb, try cryo therapy and alternative methods of pain management. Like ketamine cream. Get a good pro biotic to get your body back in healthy working order

Its really beneficial to move every day as much as you can even if it hurts. Its a long road and have been on it many times

Best of luck make sure you have a reliable health advocate with you when you are directed to do things. Be proactive in your treatment. Best of luck, you'll be back hunting over your dog

Last edited by ribka; 12/03/22.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I go home today !
Home health care will be coming to see me for awhile.

Let my new life begin !

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
I go home today !

Let my new life begin !

Awesome! I'm around this week, so if you guys need something done that Momma can't handle, I should be able to stop by.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I go home today !

Let my new life begin !

congrats. Now the tough part begins

You have to be proactive in your recovery

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I go home today !

Let my new life begin !

Good for you brother. Home never feels so good as it does when you get to return from an absence like yours. Heal quickly and completely!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by WMR

I had a lot saved too. Thank God I did.

They sawed me open from armpit to armpit and booted me out with 10 5 mg tablets of oxy. On Day 4
What a pathetic, cruel joke. And that was Mayo Clinic. Ya know ‘posed to be da best. Fucgg that place

Luckily I had about 35 hydrocodone that go me thru the next two weeks.

Whiney ass old people and drug addicts have RUINED post surgical pain mgt for legit patients

And I go to Pain Mgt, it’s a joke- they don’t dispense meds, they refer you to physical therapy or do electro nerve ablation.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (12344mag, 1936M71, 160user, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 58 invisible), 2,471 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,409
Posts18,470,295
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.