Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by splattermatic
The gas bubbles moving were horrible pain, now add that to where they cut my left side, and bent me to install cages at l2, and l3, then my back hardware, I HURT.
I am have pretty good movement now, so they gave me oxy to help with the surgery pains.
I've been taking oxy as needed for months. I know about addiction, so I stayed away from the them as much as possible.
I have alot of them saved.....
I'm sure I'll be going home today.

With respect, the fact that you have “alot of them saved” is very concerning. Hearing this, alarms are going off for anyone who deals with addiction. It can imply (hopefully incorrectly) that you might tend to self medicate. My unsolicited advice is get referral to a pain clinic upon discharge and do exactly as they advise; and dispose of any stockpiled opiates today.

I live with chronic pain. I am never pain free. The intensity varies from nagging to excruciating. I can see how people who suffer chronic pain could become addicted. Literally the only time I have had pain free moments over the past 5 years has been when I took opiates following surgery. It's hard to describe just how nice it is to have a few fleeting moments of pain free life. Immediately following surgery they dull the pain. After the surgical inflammation subsides, taking one can deliver the peace of precious pain free minutes. To me, it doesn't even give me a high feeling. Just no pain and a sense of peace. I fully understand how people can become addicted. They scare the schidt out of me.

Wow, do I understand your post! Good luck!

Retired cat herder.