Take it easy and let your body heal up.

Walking what your dr indicated you should do, however do not over do it as the next day is real hard.

On pain work on staying ahead of the game, playing catch up is a buggger. Other have indicated the same.

I go along with the 2 weeks before you think you are doing better. My wife was able to notice small improvement that i was brushing off. At 2 weeks you will be doing better, however again try to not go gain busters and over doing it.

Try and eat good meals that you like, that helps. I did not feel like eating for 3 days after i got home, and then gradually my appetite started to get better. As this progressed so did my improvements in getting around.

I found it difficult sitting in some chairs and we needed to add a second cushion on one of them.

It is a slow process to getting better, small improvements lead to bigger one, go with it and again work on knowing you limitations.

You will get to feeling better and wanting to do a lot, this is a trap as the next day you are dragging butt just trying to get out of bed. Again as some have mentioned pace yourself and control your pain and try to not over do thing

"Sorry don't get it done, Dude"
John Wayne 1959