Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
My boys prefer Kuiu, I use Sitka. Unlike many on the Campfire, we hunt a lot and use our equipment all fall from opening day in September through November.

Both companies produce high quality and quite technical gear. If Carhart works for you, fine, use it, but it isn’t in the same universe when it comes to performance.

Both companies measure skinny people for their sizing charts, you had better try stuff on before you buy it. I bought an XL Sitka Gore Tex coat off the campfire and it was too small. I contacted Sitka and they told me to get a return order number and send it in. 2 weeks later I got a brand new XXL coat in the mail, no questions asked.

I have had some zippers fail and Sitka took care of them with no cost to me for shipping or returns. I will continue to use Sitka because it is excellent quality and CS is second to none. People that bad mouth either Sitka or Kuiu have no grounds for criticism other than they are turned off by camo patterns and it makes them feel better to criticize.

I can’t speak to Kuiu’s CS, but it doesn’t sound like it is anywhere near what Sitka is. I would highly recommend Sitka due to their quality of gear and secondly due to their fantastic CS…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Absolutely no interest in Kuiu

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Camo is gay.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Never heard of the place. Went to the website and the first thing I saw was a $170 fleece. Buh bye.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Camo is gay.

Well then, why aren't those two kung fu fighters wearing camo?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Camo is gay.

Nothing says gay as much as sneaking up on a stock tank to bust the ice out for a cow that would die without the help.

Camo wouldn’t help in such a life saving mission. The purpose of camo is to sneak up and kill stuff…

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
I'm always entertained by these threads. 😎

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
A while back UPS brought me a package with lots of Kuiu stuff even though I had not ordered anything. Unfortunately, the coats, pants, etc were all 3Xl and I wear a medium. There was a pair of gloves that fit. I thought maybe somebody sent me a gift. A week later a guy from Kuiu called and said there were two people with my name in the database and they sent it to me by mistake, and could I please send it all back. I said yes but you will have to follow my process. I live out of town, no mail service, so to send something I have to go into town. Eventually they e mailed me a prepaid UPS label and eventually I took the package minus the gloves into town to the UPS pick up. I like to think my return process is simple but some people are quite demanding.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by riverdog
A while back UPS brought me a package with lots of Kuiu stuff even though I had not ordered anything. Unfortunately, the coats, pants, etc were all 3Xl and I wear a medium. There was a pair of gloves that fit. I thought maybe somebody sent me a gift. A week later a guy from Kuiu called and said there were two people with my name in the database and they sent it to me by mistake, and could I please send it all back. I said yes but you will have to follow my process. I live out of town, no mail service, so to send something I have to go into town. Eventually they e mailed me a prepaid UPS label and eventually I took the package minus the gloves into town to the UPS pick up. I like to think my return process is simple but some people are quite demanding.

So you stole the gloves?

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
They gave them to me for my trouble.

IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Riiiight.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
The only thing more gay than actually buying/wearing Kuiu is bitching about it online.

That made me literally LOL thanks

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by ol_mike
AlwaysRunsIntoDoors, involve me in another mimi and i'm gonna sue you for defamation/slander <fact

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Not in his wallet anymore...

OK now AlwaysAhBore,, Scott & WhittailN-MotanEE are getting sued, anybody else want on "THE LIST"?????????...

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You do not need that type of clothing to sit on your ass in a pickup truck and shoot a game animal 350 yards away.

You do not need that type of clothing to walk 400 yards along a two track dirt road and bust a couple rabbits

Don’t need it for sittin on your ass in a heated ‘shootie house’ in front of a mechanical feeder.

Nope, don’t need for hunting your hi roller real estate developer bud’s private elk herd either.

However you do need it for pretty pictures or your TikTok channel for high cred, likes and follows.

🤣👍💀

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Is that britknee spears in your video??

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nah, that's T-Swizzle.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Is that britknee spears in your video??
I’m gonna sue you for defamation and slander.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Their CS isn't bad if you understand it. I think Sitkas is a bit easier to deal with

Originally Posted by shrapnel
My boys prefer Kuiu, I use Sitka. Unlike many on the Campfire, we hunt a lot and use our equipment all fall from opening day in September through November.

Both companies produce high quality and quite technical gear. If Carhart works for you, fine, use it, but it isn’t in the same universe when it comes to performance.

Both companies measure skinny people for their sizing charts, you had better try stuff on before you buy it. I bought an XL Sitka Gore Tex coat off the campfire and it was too small. I contacted Sitka and they told me to get a return order number and send it in. 2 weeks later I got a brand new XXL coat in the mail, no questions asked.

I have had some zippers fail and Sitka took care of them with no cost to me for shipping or returns. I will continue to use Sitka because it is excellent quality and CS is second to none. People that bad mouth either Sitka or Kuiu have no grounds for criticism other than they are turned off by camo patterns and it makes them feel better to criticize.

I can’t speak to Kuiu’s CS, but it doesn’t sound like it is anywhere near what Sitka is. I would highly recommend Sitka due to their quality of gear and secondly due to their fantastic CS…

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought a lot of new hunting gear in the last 2 years, some of it Kuiu,

There were returns, it is online only and the sizing can be misleading,

But I had zero issues with any returns…

Solid company IMO.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1badf350, 1minute, 12344mag, 163bc, 204guy, 10gaugeman, 61 invisible), 2,617 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,590
Posts18,473,439
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.