Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
las Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Time to start hoarding gas kitchen ranges, boys. They is gonna ban them, in the name of climate change, greenhouse gas and home pollution. Heavy on the last, and "helping the poor."

Emphaziing the last two as more palatable than the old worn out crap on climate change. I don't know about you- but ironically, nearly all if not all of my electricity comes fro NG powered plants. And off- the grid places don't have electricity- so I burn wood and use propane.

Oh, those evil hydrocarbons!

Oh yeah, they are out to "help the low-income people", because they (according to them) mostly use gas because its' cheaper than electric, and offering $600 help to buy an electric range.

You can't make this chit up!

Last edited by las; 01/10/23.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

GB1

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Glad I put a 220 volt plug just in case

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
If only AlGore and John[the horse] Kerry could get their hands on that very first cavemen that realized what fire could do.......

FJB & FJT
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Wife and I are shopping for a new gas range next week because of the impending changes . The azzhat in Sacramento is pushing the issue.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Haha.

What about the rolling / involuntary blackouts??

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by hanco
thats falling for it. I"ll just fight for the gas stove. They can KMA. I refuse this green BS totally.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Some scientific type like mathman could probably tell us that the kitchen gas range ia the best bang for the buck. Steam gen plants I have read are about 50% efficient and gas turbines about 60%. One would think direct flame on pan would be pretty efficient. Induction is ballyhooed lately but I think you need special cookware. Kinda like not counting a 25g battery replacement in a Tesla.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
neighbor to the West.

I think that thing about the direct flame being more efficient was proven a long time ago. Some law in physics about losing energy every time one changes it from one form to another. I think some of these folks making the rules didn't pay attention in HS science classes.

RE: the indoor pollution thing. How am I still alive? I grew up in a house with gas wall heaters, gas stove (which was sometimes used to quickly take the chill off the kitchen), a mother who smoked a pack a day, a father who smoked a 5 pack of cigars a day, myself smoking since I was 10 (until I was 34 or so). smoking was common in grocery stores and restaurants and so on?

Anyone I know, that has cooked on gas prefers it to electric. They concede an electric oven, especially the fancy convection ones, are probably better for baking/roasting but when it comes to cooking on top, they would rather have a flame. My wife watches many of those home improvement shows, and the "Win a Dreamhouse" programs. Any guesses as to what kind of high end ranges they put in those, for the most part?

I can't convince my wife that going to the expense of putting in a concrete pad for a tank, plumbing it into the house, and getting a gas range is the best thing we could do. So I live with the glass top electric stove this place came with, and it bugs the crap out of me that each element seems to have it's own idea as to what "low" or "medium" is. When I make pancakes on the two large burners, same cast iron comal/griddle on each element, I have to adjust one side nearly two notches lower than the other to get the same heating. With a gas stove I can look at a flame and know just what's going on under the griddle. Oh well, happy wife, somewhat unhappy Geno.

I may have to get more tin foil, and a bigger hat to line with it. Maybe do the whole house? I'm starting to think this crap may be more about control than just someone's outlandish ideas about "If it will save one child" .

How's the weather over there? That Pineapple Express seems to have zeroed in on the Central Coast recently. Cal Poly SLO got nearly 7" of rain in less than 2 days, area in the hill above San Luis Obispo got 11"+. We got maybe 1/2' but on top of the snow which melted in the rain, we came close to overtopping the culvert on our road at our seasonal creek. I hope your scheidt ain't getting ready to wash away, We certainly need the moisture.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They want to cancel everything that works and replace it with their agenda which doesn't

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Just a bunch of libcrat horse sh….t. The gas stove ban will go way just like a lot of other hair brained ideas. If they ban gas stoves they will have to ban wood stoves and candles too.

Thanks, Billy
IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I've got an old mustard yellow Magic Chef gas stove in storage. I think I'll survive.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I don’t think there’s any self-respecting chef in the first world countries that would ever be caught dead cooking on an electric stove.

Maybe the EPA, outside of the Chevron defense, while they’re writing regulations that carry the force of law without the authority to do so can write exemptions for Michelin star chefs and White House or congressional chefs.

I’m looking forward to seeing this new and improved electrical grid that can support the heating and cooling demands while also charging 100% of the vehicles on the road and powering 100% of the stoves nationwide.

Electricity is free and since it magically appears with the flip of a switch it’s completely clean and without any negative impacts.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by hanco
thats falling for it. I"ll just fight for the gas stove. They can KMA. I refuse this green BS totally.
Or planning for a future sale in case new buyer doesn't want gas.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sidepass
Wife and I are shopping for a new gas range next week because of the impending changes . The azzhat in Sacramento is pushing the issue.
What do you do with the new stove when your azzhat in Sacramento cuts the gas?

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
AFA gas, there’s no legal requirement to have an externally exhausted stove vent when using natural gas here.

Just more BS to force us onto electricity, which they can easily control to maintain control.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
It is pathetic how stupid Kalifonia is. They barely have enough electric now, but with the electric car mandate and now forcing people to go electric stoves, what could possibly go wrong?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Are there any stats comparing home CO deaths to electrocutions?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
No thanks. I'll keep the gas.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Anyone I know, that has cooked on gas prefers it to electric. They concede an electric oven, especially the fancy convection ones, are probably better for baking/roasting but when it comes to cooking on top, they would rather have a flame. My wife watches many of those home improvement shows, and the "Win a Dreamhouse" programs. Any guesses as to what kind of high end ranges they put in those, for the most part?

"High end" being the key. Unless you are willing to spend the money to get a good one, I would rather cook on electric. The cheapest electric stove is way better than the cheapest gas stove. I would not spend less than $1k on a gas stove, probably more. The "High End" ones like viking start at around $5k. I have cooked on several gas stoves that sucked which makes me gun shy of them. I lived in an apartment that came with a gas stove. It was like cooking on a coleman stove. One of the most annoying things with that one was the fact that you couldn't turn down the flame low enough without the flame going out. Cooking rice without burning it was almost impossible. So, if you are planning on buying one, pay as much as you can afford.

2 Kings 2:23-24
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
It is mostly about feeling good to look green, coupled with "not in my backyard".

Cali knows quite well that more gas fired power stations will be built to cover the shortfalls.

But, they will not be built in Cali.

Idaho and Nevada each have lots of desert land available for the building of power plants.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

657 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 63 invisible), 3,385 guests, and 1,351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,373
Posts18,469,350
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.