Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Dave_Spn
Originally Posted by himmelrr
Remington is a new company. Past track record really does not matter. The fact of the matter is that if enough shooters buy a rifle in 360BH, then it will be supported. If not, it will go away. It is just business.

You guys whine about things not being made in America then complain about products that are made here.

The average guy complaining on the Fire is 105 years old.

The specific track record of Remington doesn't matter in the sense that Vista owns the ammo side and Henry is making the lever guns... and I would trust those two companies for QC and CS. But if it's going to end up in anything that the "other" Remington (Rem Arms) actually produces, or if longer term support is contingent on them in a significant way, I think it's pretty fair that folks are leery. Most of the recently-sold and rebooted rifle firms have not worked out all that well.

Who actually owns the 360 Buckhammer... Vista or RemArms?

PS -- You're on a hunting rifle forum after hunting season has ended... what did you expect everyone to be doing lol?

GB1

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by RAS
Remington’s new invention for a straight walled case. A 200 yard lever round. Thoughts?

Some states recently are allowing this instead of using shotgun slugs. So there is a need in some areas. The best I have gotten with slugs is 100 yards.

https://www.remington.com/360buckhammer/media/hammering-with-360buckhammer.html
It's interesting.

I'd like to know what barrel length they used to get these ballistics.

Okie John

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.
J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Rem Arms has NOTHING to do with the round, it was developed by Remington and that company is owned by Vista. I'm sure the round will be chambered in many lever guns and single shots. Being a rimmed case it won't go in ARs or bolt guns, which could likely hurt the sales to some degree.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Yep, the 350 Legend has versatility. Bolt guns, ARs, and some have converted lever guns.

360 Buckhammer is a single shot or lever action cartridge. Or possibly a revolver.

It will have the same fate as the Marlin Express cartridges or the 450 Marlin.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by John55
Rem Arms has NOTHING to do with the round, it was developed by Remington and that company is owned by Vista. I'm sure the round will be chambered in many lever guns and single shots. Being a rimmed case it won't go in ARs or bolt guns, which could likely hurt the sales to some degree.

Hopefully that bodes well for it, re: Vista being in charge. Obviously the straight wall laws helped the 350L launch. But one of the things that I think really helped it was that Winchester absolutely FLOODED the market with it -- I mean it was EVERYWHERE on shelves -- which probably helped sales just because regular people want a rifle with ammo availability. I.e., random guy walks past the Wal-Mart ammo counter 20 times, sees 350L there *every time* when others are gone, and figures it's worth a shot. Because the 360BH will be limited to lever guns and single shots, it doesn't seem like it could/would make sense to go that route. There just aren't enough folks with lever guns to make it worthwhile.

IC B2

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Nobody buys lever guns, single shots or revolvers ? LMAO.
Ya gotta love the folks here who have never done a marketing study but somehow "know" what will succeed and fail.
It fills a niche market just like the 350L as everyone doesn't want an AR or bolt gun.
I'm looking forward to S&W chambering for it, will be nicer to shoot than my 460.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm
Originally Posted by himmelrr
Remington is a new company. Past track record really does not matter. The fact of the matter is that if enough shooters buy a rifle in 360BH, then it will be supported. If not, it will go away. It is just business.

You guys whine about things not being made in America then complain about products that are made here.

The average guy complaining on the Fire is 105 years old.

The specific track record of Remington doesn't matter in the sense that Vista owns the ammo side and Henry is making the lever guns... and I would trust those two companies for QC and CS. But if it's going to end up in anything that the "other" Remington (Rem Arms) actually produces, or if longer term support is contingent on them in a significant way, I think it's pretty fair that folks are leery. Most of the recently-sold and rebooted rifle firms have not worked out all that well.

Who actually owns the 360 Buckhammer... Vista or RemArms?

PS -- You're on a hunting rifle forum after hunting season has ended... what did you expect everyone to be doing lol?

I can make 360 BH cases from the tons of 30/30 brass I have.

What if Jessie's girl is Stacy's mom, and her phone number is 867-5309
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by MrMuskie
Ya gotta love the folks here who have never done a marketing study but somehow "know" what will succeed and fail.
It fills a niche market just like the 350L as everyone doesn't want an AR or bolt gun.
I'm looking forward to S&W chambering for it, will be nicer to shoot than my 460.
Show us the annual sales stats of bolt vs. lever guns. Then show us production output of Henry vs. who is producing 350L rifles. You've studied all the data, why not share it?

No one said "no one buys lever guns" to hunt deer but if you think *new* lever gun sales are anywhere close to bolt guns (especially outside of the straight wall niche), you're just clueless. Then again, that last point *was* the point of my last post, which you clearly didn't read.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Show us the annual sales stats of bolt vs. lever guns. Then show us production output of Henry vs. who is producing 350L rifles. You've studied all the data, why not share it?

No one said "no one buys lever guns" to hunt deer but if you think *new* lever gun sales are anywhere close to bolt guns (especially outside of the straight wall niche), you're just clueless. Then again, that last point *was* the point of my last post, which you clearly didn't read.

Considering how stupid most people are, it doesn't mean much. It seems Henry is in the levergun business, so I don't think they are too concerned at present. Ruger can't keep up with the demand for Marlin lever actions.

What if Jessie's girl is Stacy's mom, and her phone number is 867-5309
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I’ve been playing with the last couple years with a .358 x 1.8” straight wall based on starline .223 basic brass. Started on it just prior to the announcement of the 350 legend. A full case of AA 1680 will push a 180 gr hornady ssp at 2600 fps out of a 26” MGM encore barrel. It’s a hammer on deer. We also have a couple of 357 maximums. Deer take very few steps from a hit from a 180 gr bullet out of the maximum Most our shots are within 150 yards with our food plot layout. Food plot is longer but the deer don’t necessarily need to be shot much farther than 150.
The .358 x 1.8” I call the.357 Rimless I also have built a Remington 700 with a .223 Wyatts box dm and it feeds flawlessly and gives plenty of length for this round.I’ve found with Head spacing off the rim makes brass length critical for accuracy. Same in the 450 bushmaster. The 357 maximum and new 360 BH with the rim does eliminate that critical case length but limits the platforms it can use.

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Considering how stupid most people are, it doesn't mean much. It seems Henry is in the levergun business, so I don't think they are too concerned at present. Ruger can't keep up with the demand for Marlin lever actions.

The new walnut/blued 336s look great. But I'm guessing MSRP is gonna be 3 or 4x more than what JMs were going for on GB right before COVID/insanity.

Anything good for lever guns in general, I'm all for. Hope the 360 works out.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by jshks
With Ruger owning them, wonder why the 357 Maximum didn’t make it.
I hope to see a .480 Ruger in a lever gun at some point.

Rossi made some a good while back. If you keep your eyes peeled, you might find one.

Puma .480 Ruger Levergun from Legacy Sports International - Gunblast.com

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Lever gun sales have increased the last few years. Pre covid wed have an assortment of them on our racks. Now they get bought up pretty dang quick unless it's a higher priced collector/rare gun. I still get asked several times per week about special order Henry rifles, especially 30-30 and 45-70, and that's in colorado where a bolt really is more useful for general use. Not sure what brought on the uptick in popularity with newer shooters, but its becoming target popular.

Now we add in a new cartridge legal in those straight wall states, but will likely have ammo all over the country, I think we'll see a decent number of shooters buying one. ATK hopefully keeps the supply steady, prices reasonable and can contract some good deals with rifle makers. The Ruger 336 ... i think they'll wait and see, Ruger normally partners with Hornady on new to market stuff.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by MileHighShooter
Lever gun sales have increased the last few years. Pre covid wed have an assortment of them on our racks. Now they get bought up pretty dang quick unless it's a higher priced collector/rare gun. I still get asked several times per week about special order Henry rifles, especially 30-30 and 45-70, and that's in colorado where a bolt really is more useful for general use. Not sure what brought on the uptick in popularity with newer shooters, but its becoming target popular.

Now we add in a new cartridge legal in those straight wall states, but will likely have ammo all over the country, I think we'll see a decent number of shooters buying one. ATK hopefully keeps the supply steady, prices reasonable and can contract some good deals with rifle makers. The Ruger 336 ... i think they'll wait and see, Ruger normally partners with Hornady on new to market stuff.
Just curious: is it mostly older 336s and newer Henry's you're selling? (I see lots of Marlins around here on the used rack, but never any 94s worth picking up.)

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by earlybrd
What’s wrong with a 30-30?
It aint a legal cartridge in the states where the case must be 1.8 inches in length, .35 caliber and straight wall! That is the reason for rounds like this and the .350 legend etc.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I think it will be the death of the 35 rem. Its similiar in performance and will get factory support up front. 35 rem ammo and components are non existant now

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
What is case length and pressure of this cartridge?
S.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
If I could get a BLR in this caliber I might even give up some long range calibers. As I get (much) older, I’m willing to sneak closer.

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then think that half of the people are stupider than that" - George Carlin
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Rodell
If I could get a BLR in this caliber I might even give up some long range calibers. As I get (much) older, I’m willing to sneak closer.
Why not just get a BLR in 358?

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
1.8” case and .358” bullet. These ballistics are similar to the 35 Rem but is shorter case without neck for pathetic states people live in with misguided rules. This will be more than adequate. Even 357 in rifle quite damaging on deer. The 360 will be good for cast 220-250.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1936M71, 60 invisible), 2,505 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,196
Posts18,485,102
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.