Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
It was touched on earlier in the thread, but there is no such thing as "Remington" anymore. The Remington ammunition division was purchased by Vista. Vista is the parent for Federal, CCI, American Eagle, Blazer, Bushnell, Weaver, RCBS and others. Remington doesn't exist! It's just another company putting the label on the box. Nothing more than a marketing ploy to keep a familiar name in front of the consumer. Sure they acquired real estate and machinery, but there is nothing "Remington" about this. Just a box with a private label. Nothing more, nothing less. All managed by Vista executives.

Same with Rem Arms. It's not your daddy's Remington 700. Rem Arms won't even do warranty work on older Remington 700's, 870's, 1100's, etc. The Remington that we all recognize is gone and never coming back.

And someday Vista will start to bleed then they'll liquidate 'brands" that don't fit their agenda. Look at Savage. Vista bought it, then sold it because manufacturing firearms wasn't politically correct for their Board of Directors.

Everyone on this website should be throwing all of their support to the few privately owned companies left and convince them not to sell out! We'll see a time where these huge corporations (think Vista) that are publicly traded will be gobbled up by liberals and things we need cease to exist. I think everyone on here agrees there is an evil agenda we're fighting and they'll do anything to win.

We're in different times, but we need to make sure the privately owned manufacturers are given a look before we spend money elsewhere. Let them make enough to stay in business and not have the need to put for sale signs in the yard.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
It was touched on earlier in the thread, but there is no such thing as "Remington" anymore. The Remington ammunition division was purchased by Vista. Vista is the parent for Federal, CCI, American Eagle, Blazer, Bushnell, Weaver, RCBS and others. Remington doesn't exist! It's just another company putting the label on the box. Nothing more than a marketing ploy to keep a familiar name in front of the consumer. Sure they acquired real estate and machinery, but there is nothing "Remington" about this. Just a box with a private label. Nothing more, nothing less. All managed by Vista executives.

Same with Rem Arms. It's not your daddy's Remington 700. Rem Arms won't even do warranty work on older Remington 700's, 870's, 1100's, etc. The Remington that we all recognize is gone and never coming back.

And someday Vista will start to bleed then they'll liquidate 'brands" that don't fit their agenda. Look at Savage. Vista bought it, then sold it because manufacturing firearms wasn't politically correct for their Board of Directors.

Everyone on this website should be throwing all of their support to the few privately owned companies left and convince them not to sell out! We'll see a time where these huge corporations (think Vista) that are publicly traded will be gobbled up by liberals and things we need cease to exist. I think everyone on here agrees there is an evil agenda we're fighting and they'll do anything to win.

We're in different times, but we need to make sure the privately owned manufacturers are given a look before we spend money elsewhere. Let them make enough to stay in business and not have the need to put for sale signs in the yard.

Why would RemArms do warranty work on guns they had nothing to do with? And have to take on the Walker trigger nightmare to boot. Ruger isn't doing Marlin warranty work either. Nor should they

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by moosemike

Why would RemArms do warranty work on guns they had nothing to do with? And have to take on the Walker trigger nightmare to boot. Ruger isn't doing Marlin warranty work either. Nor should they
Not surprised at all that they aren't. But Ruger has also made very clear that they are Ruger producing Marlin guns. There's no illusion that Marlin is Marlin. The folks at Rem Arms haven't been nearly as transparent and it's virtually impossible if shopping online to tell if a 700 is brand new or new old stock... which is exactly how I think they want it.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I wasn’t bashing Rem Arms. Just making a point that Remington doesn’t exist. I just think it’s laughable that they’re promoting this cartridge as something new and exciting from Remington when it’s actually Federal (Vista) calling the shots.

In fact, Rem Arms needs our support. They’re a privately owned company. I don’t feel as they should be required to do warranty work either. That statement above was made to validate the point that Remington won’t support the cartridge because there is no Remington.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Darik – all fair enough and I agree with you. But they still bought and kept the Remington brand, and, rightly so – there's a lot of equity in the name.
But some of the past support decisions made by Remington is/are still brand baggage that will follow the name until they prove otherwise.

I'm pleased to see some of the long-overdue changes to legacy models.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Ironically, Henry Arms (Privately owned) are the ones teaming with Remington (read Vista) concerning the introduction of the 360 Buckhammer.

Buying a Henry so chambered will help a private business, but buying ammo from Remington will hurt private business.

I'm going to need a scorecard, but I do certainly agree in supporting private companies.

Last edited by Dave_Spn; 01/26/23.

What if Jessie's girl is Stacy's mom, and her phone number is 867-5309
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Interesting to see folks getting wound up about buying stuff from the new Remington (Vista)

yet bend over and take it balls deep from Steve "No Jab, no job) wHorenady

y'know, the corksucker that sold his fkn soul in a deal with the devil (USGOV) to keep his contracts and was allowed to flood the stores with his products while other mfgs were ordered to stand down

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by Swamplord
Interesting to see folks getting wound up about buying stuff from the new Remington (Vista)

y'know, the corksucker that sold his fkn soul in a deal with the devil (USGOV) to keep his contracts and was allowed to flood the stores with his products while other mfgs were ordered to stand down

Was the big company that runs the LC plant not let in on that supposed deal? Their prices sure went up, while Horndays have remained quite low, comparatively.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Swamplord

That’s not entirely accurate. Yes, Hornady’s decision was his to make. I didn’t agree with the no jab, no job stance.

The other manufacturers that shut down weren’t all forced either. It all depended on state laws. The manufacturer and retail sales of firearms and firearms accessories were deemed essential business during the pandemic. Several companies that could have been in operation weren’t because of fear of liability. Others never shut down.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yesterday I read in G&A that Vista will also be producing ammo under the Federal banner. In that same article, Boddington described taking some deer and a pig or two with a prototype Henry built on one of the old-style leverguns (no side-gate). Killed well, but that specimen was not very accurate with the “Remington” ammo he was provided.

Seems odd that the chose the Remington banner to introduce the new round. Maybe it’s tied to the name Buckhammer, which might be a trademark that went with the ammo line. Looks like that choice and the names of the new entities are causing some confusion. I would’ve called it the .360 Henry.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Or called it the .35-40 Maynard which is what it is. But how many enlightened (unenlightened?) souls would have bought into a 140 year old cartridge as being "The Best New Thing"?

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Or called it the .35-40 Maynard which is what it is. But how many enlightened (unenlightened?) souls would have bought into a 140 year old cartridge as being "The Best New Thing"?

You need to get laid.

What if Jessie's girl is Stacy's mom, and her phone number is 867-5309
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
The old Remington would change the name 2-3 to make sure they botched the release. If Vista follows tradition there's still time for the 35-40, the 35 Express, and the .358 Bankruptcy. 😂😂😂😇😇😇😇

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 219DW, 1234, 56 invisible), 2,478 guests, and 1,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,200
Posts18,485,185
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.