-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Slice it, fry it, melt American cheese on it and put it on white bread.

I love my grilled meat and cheese sandwiches. However, to me, this combination has always been better on non-toasted and non-grilled white bread. I'm a fan of wheat bread and it will work. However, once again, to me, the grill the spam and melt the cheese and use white bread is the way to do it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I like it and eat it about once every three months or so... I prefer it with eggs, etc... I love making breakfast burritos with it, eggs, cheese and potatoes...

#1... why would I ever trust WHO...

#2... I am going to die at some point anyway, I might as well enjoy what i like food wise till then

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
I've had six cans in storage for twenty years...looking forward to that EMT so I can justify cracking them open. Hoping the whole can has turned to jelly.

U.S. government was established to represent citizens, NOT TO RULE OVER THEM.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by RHClark
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
RHClark, I strongly recommend you believe and follow everything that WHO says.

The rest of us can get along with our lives not cowering in the corner. And we'll be around to write your obit, I bet.

Your obit will be "Says WHO?"

All that Spam making you testy? Gesh guys, I was trying to keep Ya'll from getting cancer. I didn't know Spam was among your core beliefs. How about I don't hope you die before me but wish us all a long healthy life instead.
What exactly is in Spam that causes cancer?

Here is just one article.
https://www.mdanderson.org/publications/focused-on-health/eat-less-processed-meat.h11-1590624.html

LOL.

A quote from your link,

Nitrates and nitrites are added to keep processed meat fresher longer

WRONG, this is not why Nitrites are added to meat. The article doesn't even know what Nitrites are and what they are used for, sooooo.

OH and.

Vegetables particularly rich in nitrates include green leafy vegetables such as spinach and lettuce as well as fennel, rocket, radishes, Chinese cabbage, and parsley

Don't forget to remove these from your diet as well.

...and one last thing.

Background (Significance/History)

Sodium nitrite is similar in name and use to sodium nitrate. Both are preservatives used in processed meats, such as salami, hot dogs, and bacon.

Sodium nitrite has been synthesized by several chemical reactions that involve the reduction of sodium nitrate. Industrial production of sodium nitrite is primarily by the absorption of nitrogen oxides into aqueous sodium carbonate or sodium hydroxide.

Over the years, sodium nitrite has raised some concerns about its safety in foods, but it remains in use and there are indications that it may actually be healthy.

Sodium nitrite was developed during the 1960s. In 1977, the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) considered banning it but the USDA’s final ruling on the additive came out in 1984, allowing its use. Studies in the 1990s indicated some adverse effects of sodium nitrite, for instance the potential to cause childhood leukemia and brain cancers.

In the late 1990s, the National Toxicity Program (NTP) began a review of sodium nitrite and proposed listing sodium nitrite as a developmental and reproductive toxicant, but a report in 2000 by NTP proposed that sodium nitrite is not a toxic substance and removed it from the list of developmental and reproductive toxicants. It is now believed that it can help with organ transplants and leg vascular problems, while preventing heart attacks and sickle cell disease.

Edit to add,

You're an idiot and a sheep.

Haha

Kick him in the kgunt steve

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by MadMooner
There ain’t a damn thing in the world that doesn’t “cause cancer”.

If you’re eating enough spam to get cancer from it, I’d bet a dollar to a processed ham loaf you have a lot more to worry about.

Probably right at this point, since we have put poison on our crops that has drained into our water for generations. Lots we just can't avoid, but I do avoid what I can.

I'm guessing you believe MSG is "Bad" as well, and people have allergic reactions to it.

Naw. It's health food and should be sold as supplements. Please carry on.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.ebayimg.com]
[Linked Image from i5.walmartimages.com][Linked Image from ebluejay.com]

Last edited by JeffA; 02/07/23. Reason: To make more delicious
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I was raised on Spam.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.gifer.com][Linked Image from mediaproxy.snopes.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Beware of Fake Spam

[Linked Image from cdn.shopify.com]

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by org_Rogue_Hunter
I've had six cans in storage for twenty years...looking forward to that EMT so I can justify cracking them open. Hoping the whole can has turned to jelly.

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
One man's opinion regarding Nitrates in processed meat.....I dunno if he is right but I like him!

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by JeffA

Beware of Fake Spam

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Not Spam and doesn't taste like it. But I was surprised that it wasn't bad when I tried it.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RJY66
One man's opinion regarding Nitrates in processed meat.....I dunno if he is right but I like him!

RHClark just put you on ignor.

Thanks for the video, I’m going to spread it around.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Originally Posted by JeffA

Beware of Fake Spam

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Not Spam and doesn't taste like it. But I was surprised that it wasn't bad when I tried it.

Yup different, but not schitty.

We actually did a taste test at deer camp this year.

All liked Spam better, but all said it was good, different but good. Texture was the big difference.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
What about

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Cheaper than Spam, funny texture, but not schitty.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
This was what Dad and I preferred back when:

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from seekpng.com]

[Linked Image from i.gifer.com]

When You're So Poor You .
Can't Afford Real Spam

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (007FJ, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1moredeer, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 61 invisible), 2,498 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,411
Posts18,470,409
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.