Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by Teal
Actually it does. That is precisely why Bud Light is doomed. It’s terrible and nobody really likes it. It was entirely a creation of marketing.

No body likes it to the tune of 27 million barrels a year.

Marketing is good- it's not that good. You're not going to simply convince me that people don't like a beer they're drinking 837 million gallons of it every year because of marketing.

You’re not going to find anyone who loves Bud Light. They will happily move to something else. Bud Light is the beer you drink when you really don’t like beer but want to drink a whole lot of it to get really drunk. Coors Light and Miller Light serve the same market and will be happy to pick up the slack.

BL is 2x their combined size in the marketplace - they can't pick up the slack even if they wanted to.

They are also - both as woke so why would someone boycotting BL for their stance go to Coors/Miller? They're not. That's just it. Or if they do - it's a BS "victory" - I hate the woke guy so I'll go to a different woke guy that's just not as out there.

Woke still gets money and support. Like David Hogg boycotting Remington but buying Daniel Defense as a "lesson to Remington" and that's why the left wins these things. They boycott ALL of it, not just some of it.

Me

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Actually it does. That is precisely why Bud Light is doomed. It’s terrible and nobody really likes it. It was entirely a creation of marketing.

Marketing is good- it's not that good. You're not going to simply convince me that people don't like a beer they're drinking 837 million gallons of it every year because of marketing.

I know of two avid Bud drinkers, one is[was] a actually Bud lifer.
He switched to Miller & Miller Lite.

The other is a 'nothing but Bud Lite' drinker and he seems to be staying that way.
Both are daily six pk drinkers.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The effect is also happening to the democRAT party. That is why they have turned desperate and are involved in all kinds of treachery to stay valid and in power. Americans have had enough of the garbage and the democRAT party is part of that garbage.

kwg

Edit
This is why RFK Jr is having an effect on the democRAT party. They see him as an alternative to all of the negative things that the theft of the 2020 election has brought. I truly believe that a vast majority of democRATs knew the 2020 election was stolen but they don't dare say it in public. Life under DJT wasn't all that bad but they won't say it. They are looking for alternatives and right now their favorite flavor is a return to passed democRAT glory of the Kennedy's without admitting guilt.

kwg

Last edited by kwg020; 04/26/23.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It does appear to be having a short term impact on sales. Consumers don't have a lot of staying power. I enter the weekly NFL threads on this forum as evidence.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

You’re not going to find anyone who loves Bud Light. They will happily move to something else. Bud Light is the beer you drink when you really don’t like beer but want to drink a whole lot of it to get really drunk. Coors Light and Miller Light serve the same market and will be happy to pick up the slack.

BL is 2x their combined size in the marketplace - they can't pick up the slack even if they wanted to.

They are also - both as woke so why would someone boycotting BL for their stance go to Coors/Miller? They're not. That's just it. Or if they do - it's a BS "victory" - I hate the woke guy so I'll go to a different woke guy that's just not as out there.

Woke still gets money and support. Like David Hogg boycotting Remington but buying Daniel Defense as a "lesson to Remington" and that's why the left wins these things. They boycott ALL of it, not just some of it.

Then just keep your black pilled ass home and make all your own stuff. Then you can be assured of the ideological purity of what you consume.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TimZ
It's too early to tell what the impact of all this will be, but someone is suddenly paying attention, hence the "new" marketing campaign.

I see you deleted your post claiming the results of the boycott are fake. Glad you rethought that statement.

FFS - I never said they were fake. I am saying they're not the "win" people think they are.

#1 draft beer - Michelob Ultra an AB product and BL fell from 3 to 4 - one whole spot

Michelob Ultra - Up
Busch Light - up

During the March 18-April 1 survey period, which included the NCAA basketball tournament – Bud Light outperformed overall light lager rate of sale by +15%

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Then just keep your black pilled ass home and make all your own stuff. Then you can be assured of the ideological purity of what you consume.

Lol - got it. You want to "feel good" not "DO GOOD" - like a clam.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seriously though how hard is it to sell AB beer?

all they had to do was not screw up...

Clever ads and spokes people don't move the needle on getting people to switch brands...
They would probably gain more market share cutting their advertising spent and lowering their price than the could get through any spokesperson....

But they did manage to find a way to lose a chitton of sales...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
This has to be the all time record marketing [bleep] of all times. Trumps marketing the chevy nova in mexico x100

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
It does appear to be having a short term impact on sales. Consumers don't have a lot of staying power. I enter the weekly NFL threads on this forum as evidence.
Analogy already discussed and debunked.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TimZ
It's too early to tell what the impact of all this will be, but someone is suddenly paying attention, hence the "new" marketing campaign.

I see you deleted your post claiming the results of the boycott are fake. Glad you rethought that statement.

FFS - I never said they were fake. I am saying they're not the "win" people think they are.

#1 draft beer - Michelob Ultra an AB product and BL fell from 3 to 4 - one whole spot

Michelob Ultra - Up
Busch Light - up

During the March 18-April 1 survey period, which included the NCAA basketball tournament – Bud Light outperformed overall light lager rate of sale by +15%

1. Your deleted post definitely had the word fake in it, I was replying to it when you deleted it.

2. We are not talking about Michelob Ultra or Busch Light. Again, nobody really expects AB to go out of business.

3. 21% drop in sales volume, albeit over a short-term period, and the two marketing execs given LOA, and a "new" marketing campaign. It's not as big a "win" as I was hoping for, but it doesn't feel like a loss..........

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by steve4102
Analogy already discussed and debunked.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Welp, Alissa Hieneysnide, now former VP of marketing, certainly got a lesson in marketing 101. This elitist snob demonstrates woke millennials disdain for the great unwashed masses. A little background on Ms ‘snide’. She grew up in NY and Cali. She attended the Groton school in Massachusetts and then on to Havaaad and Wharton! She’s a well-pedigreed dog.

She has complete disdain for her customers, calling them ‘fratty’ and ‘out of touch’. She stated she wanted to make the brand more appealing by closing the gap of ‘inclusivity’ and making it ‘lighter, brighter, and different’. Lastly, she was featured in the 40 under 40. A group of supposedly up and comers in business. Hiring liberal white girls in marketing departments seems to be the rage these days too. My now former employer did the same. She didn’t do anything that stupid but she spent a lot of money on internet campaigns that garnered us zero sales. But hey, she was kinda cute and I suspect the CEO, in part, hired her for that reason.

What this really demonstrates is the dangers of groupthink by the elites who surround themselves with like-minded idiots who have zero clue about anything other than their nutbag ideas and narcissistic selves. It will be interesting to see her next career move. After causing over a Billion dollar, and counting, loss to her former employer; she’s going to have to find some place like Patagonia to work for. Some outfit that caters to liberals. She’s way too ugly to be a pole dancer.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
After causing over a Billion dollar, and counting, loss to her former employer; she’s going to have to find some place like Patagonia to work for. Some outfit that caters to liberals. She’s way too ugly to be a pole dancer.
I'm sure her yoga class will help her shake it off.

Politics is War by Other Means
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Lol - got it. You want to "feel good" not "DO GOOD" - like a clam.

First of all, I don’t necessarily concede that AB as a whole needs to be punished. If you want to argue the corporation is woke, fine. They absolutely all are at this point. But this specific matter was very clearly confined to Bud Light. It was a Bud Light employee who came up with this and it was only for that brand. As a whole AB had nothing to do with it. Marketing decisions are siloed within their respective companies.

Secondly, Bud Light accounts for about 20% of AB’s US portfolio. The general rule i beer from what I’ve been told is that every percentage off of sales is three or four percentage points off the bottom line. So if they are taking those kind of losses on their main seller, they are most definitely being hurt. The marginal increases in some of their other brands won’t make up for that and I expect that you’re going to see those drop in coming weeks as well because I’ve been to two restaurants within the last week that completely removed AB products.

Finally, take your victories where you can get them. Most actual beer drinkers don’t drink Bud Light anyway. But a lot of AB products are sold on tap and they have a schit ton of beers. You’re not going to ever put them out of business and if you want a beer sometimes in certain places, you’re going to be forced to drink one occasionally. Wal-Mart is woke. Gonna stop going to there? So is Target and Amazon and Krogers. Going to buy your stuff at a local store? If you can find one, what do they sell? Nabisco? General Mills? All woke.

Quit trying to pretend you’re smarter than all the peons and their worthless little exercise.

Last edited by JoeBob; 04/26/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Most actual beer drinkers don’t drink Bud Light anyway.

What do you base this on?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Literally every statistical analysis of the beer industry proves this false and yet -

Quit trying to pretend you’re smarter than all the peons and their worthless little exercise.

My point isn't to prove who's smarter - my point is the right/conservatives simply don't play to win and until you point out their hypocrisy (like switching from one woke company to another) and EDUCATE people on the fact that the "wins" aren't what they seem and it wont be better. That's all. If you REALLY want to do good - do it, don't just virtue signal about 1 brand in the company while supporting others or other woke companies.

For fouks sake - someone tried pointing out that Dicks closed some stores as an example of "winning" a boycott - except they closed them to repurpose the stores because sales are up 41% since the boycott started. "We sure showed them! I get my golf stuff at Golf Galaxy now!!!" - yeah, Dick's owns Golf Galaxy too....

The right simply doesn't know how to play the game because they haven't actually been successful at it. They think they are but they haven't.

Congrats - Bud Light as a brand took some hits but AB is seeing increases in other brands that people are leaving BL for other woke companies. And they are seeing they can be woke, just not the same way AB was and see people buy their beer instead.

EOD - the culture war didn't change a damned bit. It just shifted optics slightly.

Me

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Franziskaner Dunkel, Paulaner Hefe Weizen, Wehenstephaner to the rescue.....real beer!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Stickfight

What do you base this on?

Because it sucks. The one thing the horse faced chick was right about is that it is a dying brand. The share is still huge, but it is declining. Craft beers and smaller breweries with better product are way up.

Last edited by JoeBob; 04/26/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
my point is the right/conservatives simply don't play to win and until you point out their hypocrisy (like switching from one woke company to another) and EDUCATE people on the fact that the "wins" aren't what they seem and it wont be better. That's all.
It's not hypocrisy - it's being flesh & blood. It's being finite beings.

Politics is War by Other Means
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

86 members (35, 405winash, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 11 invisible), 802 guests, and 773 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,390
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.