Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
girl in a bikini shooting bud lite cans
https://twitter.com/i/status/1650933546041614358

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Most actual beer drinkers don’t drink Bud Light anyway.

What do you base this on?

Because it sucks.

That doesn't change how much of it is sold, and presumably consumed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Caplock
Franziskaner Dunkel, Paulaner Hefe Weizen, Wehenstephaner to the rescue.....real beer!

I like wheat beer as well. Hacker Pschorr Weiss is probably the best I have had but I can't get it here.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Most actual beer drinkers don’t drink Bud Light anyway.

What do you base this on?

Because it sucks.

That doesn't change how much of it is sold, and presumably consumed.

Actually it does. It means people won’t have any problem switching to another schitty brand.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It means people won’t have any problem switching to another schitty brand.

I guess I don't follow but maybe that is because I don't drink Bud Light.

People drink a lot of it today. Maybe more back in March before the boycott started but it is still a lot. They were choosing it over many other options, both other large brewery beers as well as all the small ones. They clearly didn't think it sucked otherwise they would have been drinking something else the whole time.

This tranny thing might be enough to make them switch but even though I hope it will I don't think it will because people have an odd attachment to brands. They let them become a large part of their identity.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
It means people won’t have any problem switching to another schitty brand.

I guess I don't follow but maybe that is because I don't drink Bud Light.

People drink a lot of it today. Maybe more back in March before the boycott started but it is still a lot. They were choosing it over many other options, both other large brewery beers as well as all the small ones. They clearly didn't think it sucked otherwise they would have been drinking something else the whole time.

This tranny thing might be enough to make them switch but even though I hope it will I don't think it will because people have an odd attachment to brands. They let them become a large part of their identity.

You’re not paying attention. As i said, Bud Light is the beer you drink if you don’t like beer but want to drink a whole lot of it to get really drunk.

You just said it. People have odd attachments to brands. Why? Marketing, memories, habit and so on. And of course, preference. But anyone can tell you, even people who drink Bud Light, any American light beer is pretty the same as any other. So now if Bud Light suddenly becomes the beer for homosexuals and trannies, they won’t have any trouble switching.

You guys are missing it. This is far beyond any boycott. If that’s all it was, I might agree with you. In one respect this was the most successful marketing campaign in history. They completely changed fifty years of marketing and branding overnight. There are dozens, if not hundreds of Tiktok comedy videos where guys drink a Bud Light and suddenly become gay or a tranny. When they still had it on tap, bartenders were flat out ridiculing guys who ordered a Bud Light.

Bud Light ain’t a ribeye steak. There won’t be people saying, “Damn, I know only queers and trannies like Bud Light, but damn, i can’t live without it.”

Bud Light has now become the beer of queers and trannies. And if you are a blue collar guy, or a fraternity guy, the last thing you want to be associated with and maybe mistaken for is a queer or a tranny.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DMc
What a glorious happenstance to see America's Silent Majority rise up in collaborative unison.
Hell yeah ....we are practically French !

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Best tiktok video is a big old fat redneck has his girlfriend hand him a beer. It’s a Bud Light. By the time he finishes it he is asking her to help him download his Grinder pic. lolol

Hundreds of those like that made by black guys, rednecks, and women.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
"vicious trans movement"

I like that!

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Teal
[quote=JoeBob] ... Congrats - Bud Light as a brand took some hits but AB is seeing increases in other brands that people are leaving BL for other woke companies. And they are seeing they can be woke, just not the same way AB was and see people buy their beer instead.

EOD - the culture war didn't change a damned bit. It just shifted optics slightly.

Hammer meet nail... Stock ticker "BUD" hit an 18 month high on 31 Mar 2023. It then took a one week drop when the tranny fluid hit the fan. Two weeks after that, it has recovered to within 1% of the 18 month high set on 31 Mar 2023 before the kerfuffle... Beer drinkers are simply taking money out of one "woke pocket" and putting it a different "woke pocket". AB could care less how they get your money, as long as they get your money...

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Stock ticker "BUD" hit an 18 month high on 31 Mar 2023. It then took a one week drop when the tranny fluid hit the fan. Two weeks after that, it has recovered to within 1%

Guys in another thread were saying Market Cap is unrelated to stock price. Also that the Budweiser brand itself has a Market Cap distinct from AB InBev’s (ticker: BUD).

Also that AB’s market cap was down $7BB and falling according to news article they read.

This really is the best web site for financial advice.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bud lite / Bud has 371 employees

parent company AB InBev is in Belgium has 170,000 employees.....traded on NYSE as BUD

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just learned that you can drink Modelo, Corona, and Pacifico in good conscience. Those brands are owned by AB for the rest of the world but in the US and Mexico they are owned and manufactured by a completely separate company called Constellation Brands. When AB tried to buy them the government sued them alleging that the acquisition violated anti-trust laws. The settlement was that AB would not own them or be affiliated with them in any way in the US and Mexico. So, if you buy those brands here, not a penny will go to AB.

I love Modelo. But there is no boycott of Bud light on my end

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
It’s a good distraction for the normies while they silenced Tucker and are passing another bankrupting budget

How many on here have fox tv playing in the house all day??

Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by TimZ
It's too early to tell what the impact of all this will be, but someone is suddenly paying attention, hence the "new" marketing campaign.

I see you deleted your post claiming the results of the boycott are fake. Glad you rethought that statement.

FFS - I never said they were fake. I am saying they're not the "win" people think they are.

#1 draft beer - Michelob Ultra an AB product and BL fell from 3 to 4 - one whole spot

Michelob Ultra - Up
Busch Light - up

During the March 18-April 1 survey period, which included the NCAA basketball tournament – Bud Light outperformed overall light lager rate of sale by +15%

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by moosemike
I just learned that you can drink Modelo, Corona, and Pacifico in good conscience. Those brands are owned by AB for the rest of the world but in the US and Mexico they are owned and manufactured by a completely separate company called Constellation Brands. When AB tried to buy them the government sued them alleging that the acquisition violated anti-trust laws. The settlement was that AB would not own them or be affiliated with them in any way in the US and Mexico. So, if you buy those brands here, not a penny will go to AB.

Thanks for helping bankrupt America by supporting the evil clown crook Zelenskiy. You’re a real boomer patriot. Lmao

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
I've been boycotting butt light since before it was cool.

I have been boycotting anything Budweiser for the last 35 plus years. I used to get the worst headaches when I drank that $hit.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Morewood
Anheuser-Busch distributors are meeting with the company in Washington, DC, on Tuesday.

Bet they get an earful.

- Or a beer full.

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
17% decrease in bud light sales reported in the Wall Street Journal. 17% increase in sales for Miller light and Coors Light.

Hmmmm . . . .

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by moosemike

Thanks for helping bankrupt America by supporting the evil clown crook Zelenskiy. You’re a real boomer patriot. Lmao
Glad I could help. Slava Ukraini

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
AB doesn't give two shts whether “actual beer drinkers “ buy their product. They target different types of consumers to sell different products to. Someone is buying different kinds of beer and mostly the trend seems to be low carb or light beers. Our tastes are irrelevant to the conversation. Someones buying that crap and a heck of a lot of it. Holy cow get into 2023. Look around. Theres ever kind of different tootie fruity flavor of beer product you can imagine. People buy it.

Dicks doesn't just sell semi auto firearms. Semi auto rifles are a small part of what they marketed as a whole. AB just sells beverages and mostly beer. I see a big difference there on the screw the pooch meter.

Watching the NFL is a very long standing tradition in the US. There aren't 300 different football leagues on the every weekend like there are beer brands to buy at the cooler section. The NFL was a different animal. People where pizzed off because of the black protesting during the national anthem. The NFL didn't put a trans on your favorite team jersey or hire one for your new quarterback or make them a spokesperson.

This boycott has legs but it isn't going to bring AB to their knees or last forever. But it dang sure is going to get their attention and give them pause the next time they want to wade into this issue. It will give other brand managers and marketing execs in this and other businesses pause as well. This BS didn't happen overnight and it wont gonna way overnight either.

As far as buying from other woke companies and products you have to pick your battles. But you make an impact where you can and you make a big impact with a product like beer and with a company like AB. I agree we have sucked at boycotts up until now. Thats not a reason not to target a product or a company for an obvious in your face mistake for taking wokism too far.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

127 members (10gaugemag, 450yukon, 673, 7mm_Loco, 1minute, 23 invisible), 1,186 guests, and 927 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,359
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.