Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Originally Posted by tdoyka
The folks that care about pre 64s won't be around in 20 years.

in 20 years i'll still be shooting my old rifles, i doubt that you be shooting your "newer plastic" guns.

When are you moving to California?

Some folks are easily triggered, but sometimes the truth hurts. Your kids/grandkids won't care about most of your crap when you're gone, and that's just how it is. I'll be one of those gone in 20 years and all my blued steel, fine walnut stocks won't impress anyone. Sorry, I've no plastic guns to shoot now, so yep, I doubt I'll be shooting any from the grave. If I did have some though, that's what the grandkids would ask for.

The number of people who care about pre 64s have been on a steady decline for years. 20 years from now they will be such a small segment of gun ownership to be statistically insignificant. Sure, there will be a very small number of people who want one, but it will be very small, even compared to todays number. I'm sure you raised your kids right and all the blah, blah, blah, but pre 64s aren't what they once were and 20 years from now will be even less.

You didn't answer my question.

Since I'll be dead, I'd have thought you could work that one out on your own, but no, in 20 years I most likely will not be moving to California.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
There will always be these discussions about the Winchesters, but I seriously doubt that there has ever been a more accurate mass produced rifle than those Model 70 Heavy Varmint rifles built back in the 1990's.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have owned countless rifles, dozens with custom barrels etc.... and my pre64m70's have consistently been among the most accurate.... pretty good for sloppy tolerance, handmade, obsolete junk

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by irfubar
Yeah.... antiques are a thing of the past and lose all value!!! lmao
LOL. Yep, everyone knows that. grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Say hello to Whitefeather's best friend...

[Linked Image from blogmedia.wideners.com]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Historic interest but far better choices today.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by armchair

Are you sure?

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
1955 M70 Featherweight at 100yds off the shelf. My last 1963 Featherweight did damn near this at 200yds witnessed, have the group in the man cave. Yea they suck.

Attached Images
06.png (5.74 KB, 191 downloads)
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by irfubar

Are you sure?

Right?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by tdoyka

in 20 years i'll still be shooting my old rifles, i doubt that you be shooting your "newer plastic" guns.

When are you moving to California?

Some folks are easily triggered, but sometimes the truth hurts. Your kids/grandkids won't care about most of your crap when you're gone, and that's just how it is. I'll be one of those gone in 20 years and all my blued steel, fine walnut stocks won't impress anyone. Sorry, I've no plastic guns to shoot now, so yep, I doubt I'll be shooting any from the grave. If I did have some though, that's what the grandkids would ask for.

The number of people who care about pre 64s have been on a steady decline for years. 20 years from now they will be such a small segment of gun ownership to be statistically insignificant. Sure, there will be a very small number of people who want one, but it will be very small, even compared to todays number. I'm sure you raised your kids right and all the blah, blah, blah, but pre 64s aren't what they once were and 20 years from now will be even less.

You didn't answer my question.

savage axis, thompson center venture, Remington m783...any cheap gun will satisfy you.

"Russia sucks."
---- Me, US Army (retired) 12B & 51B

Russian Admiral said, after the Moskva sank, "we have the world's worst navy but we aren't as bad as our army".

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by shrapnel
There isn’t a stainless/plastic gun that is capable of killing more game or making a better hunter out of the owner, just by virtue of it’s machining and close tolerances. If there is anyone that needs 1/2 inch more accuracy from a rifle, I doubt he could use the extra accuracy to his advantage.

The entire shooting industry has been hungry for some sort of improvement in accuracy and cost of production, only to produce a POS like a Ruger American, which incorporates all the attributes that the more recent shooter has embraced. If this is improvement, I stand firmly in the past, with an outdated, but capable rifle that won’t give up a single measurable feature to the new standard.

60 years from now, a Ruger American and many of the now hyped rifles and cartridges, will hardly be the collectors items a Pre-64 Winchester is today…

That right there is indisputable logic!

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
My pre 64 Winchester looks like either this...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

or this...

I had a very nice Pre 64 Winchester Model 70, but passed it on to my first son when he graduated High School. If I came across a good standard weight Pre 64 Model 70 in 30/06, I doubt I could pass it up... It is, to me, one of the best looking commercial rifles made.

Harry
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The Supergrade seller's 63% approval rating was the first thing that popped out to me. Guess I've bought too many guns online....

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Only have one, 1951 .257 Roberts and a Super Grade in what I'd call 98% new condition. laugh

I am..........disturbed.

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I like my old rifles to say Bofors on them.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Nobody collects Model Ts anymore, nobody collects Rev war anymore. The fools paying a million for a Graveyard car better enjoy it now as in 50 years no one will care.

Fine American single shots are now selling for 1/3 what they did 30 years ago.

Exactly whatinhell are you talking about? Don't get out much do you, Larry?

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve never owned a pre 64 M70 but it’s been high on my radar for years, something else always comes up first.

I was on the verge of buying a very nice unmodified pre war M70 in 300 H&H several years back that was for sale by an older guy selling off his collection.

I didn’t have the full asking price at the time but after a long phone conversation talking guns we agreed to 1/2 then and the other half in six weeks. I sent him a M/O for half and when I called him to tell him that I would be sending the other half he told me that the rifle was already sold. It turned out that he was suffering from dementia which was his reason for liquidating his collection. He forgot about our agreement and sold it to someone else. He sent me a check on the spot to refund the 1/2 that I had already paid. I’d have loved to have had that rifle.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
This happened the first time i took my pre 64 Fwt 243 out after getting the xxx stock put on. 5 shots, 5 hogs IIRC.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1936M71, 160user, 22250rem, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 55 invisible), 2,646 guests, and 1,361 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,702
Posts18,475,262
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.