Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Someone had to go get some carbs

You’re 5’9”

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB4

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SupFoo
Everyone is looking for the "silver bullet".

Stop eating potato chips, cheetos, etc.

Stop drinking.

Eat veggies and fruit.

You WILL lose weight, be healthier and live longer.

Not rocket science.

Good Luck.

The End

Yeah, no chips, bread, pasta, potatoes, desserts or the rest of that teenage crap.

Fruit is sugar.
Hard liquor has zero carbs.

Lots to learn.

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Originally Posted by SupFoo
Everyone is looking for the "silver bullet".

Stop eating potato chips, cheetos, etc.

Stop drinking.

Eat veggies and fruit.

You WILL lose weight, be healthier and live longer.

Not rocket science.

Good Luck.

The End

Yeah, no chips, bread, pasta, potatoes, desserts or the rest of that teenage crap.

Fruit is sugar.
Hard liquor has zero carbs.

Lots to learn.

Actually, it's very simple, STOP CHEWING lol

Chew out of necessity, don't make it a sport

cool

Last edited by KillerBee; 07/29/23.

KB

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Garandimal
Fasting without keto, is kinda like washing your truck in a dust storm.

1. Stop the High-Starch/low-fat/Processed Sugar diet.
2. Clean up your system with keto.
3. Improve your health with fasting.

Who inverted Critical Path Management?

Genghis Khan.

1. Rape.
2. Pillage.
3. Burn.

GR

Actually you arrogant arse, I rarely have sugar or salt, eat two slices of gluten free bread each day and a main meal of (generally) steak and veg without gravy each evening. I do change this out when I feel like it with bacon and eggs at breakfast.

About once a month or so I have potato bake with steak...because I can do as I bloody well like.

I also work physically...I don't sit on my arse shuffling paper or ponce about admiring myself in a gym mirror.

As for losing weight, I simply eat steak for meals and snack on cherry tomatoes...the weight falls off.

But you keep on poncing about pretending.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Genghis Khan.

1. Rape.
2. Pillage.
3. Burn.

GR

Actually you arrogant arse, I rarely have sugar or salt, eat two slices of gluten free bread each day and a main meal of (generally) steak and veg without gravy each evening. I do change this out when I feel like it with bacon and eggs at breakfast.

About once a month or so I have potato bake with steak...because I can do as I bloody well like.

I also work physically...I don't sit on my arse shuffling paper or ponce about admiring myself in a gym mirror.

As for losing weight, I simply eat steak for meals and snack on cherry tomatoes...the weight falls off.

No gravy?

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Raferman

Genghis Khan.

1. Rape.
2. Pillage.
3. Burn.

GR

No gravy?

Nah, discovered that gluten doesn't agree with me...which is odd as it wasn't a problem when I was younger. Getting old I suppose.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Came as a shock to learn we get old on the inside as well as on the outside.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Genghis Khan.

1. Rape.
2. Pillage.
3. Burn.

GR

No gravy?

Nah, discovered that gluten doesn't agree with me...which is odd as it wasn't a problem when I was younger. Getting old I suppose.
Maybe try corn or potato starch?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I shall leave it with Mrs Stuart as there is no way in hell I am stupid enough to intrude upon her kitchen.

I just purchased a Baccarat Mandoline for her a couple of minutes ago and there is already rebellion and dissention in the ranks...so my daughter and I are hiding in the office...we want dinner!

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

I shall leave it with Mrs Stuart as there is no way in hell I am stupid enough to intrude upon her kitchen.

I just purchased a Baccarat Mandoline for her a couple of minutes ago and there is already rebellion and dissention in the ranks...so my daughter and I are hiding in the office...we want dinner!
Heard.
Lol

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Feeling particularly adventurous tonight, went with sausages and veg.

Baby food...I am soooo bad!

[Linked Image]

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Vodka is no carbs so it is good for you.

Bananas have sugar so they’re the devil.

No strawberries but six pounds of pork belly gets the green light.

I deadlift 85lbs and I am really smart.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
rcamuglia, We are both posting information from a study done by Dr. Kevin Hall of NIH’s National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. Just to clear things up, watch a real Dr. who is an expert in this field explain the Kevin Hall study. Don't take my word for it. If anyone is still following this thread so far, you may really be interested in some real facts.

Watch this video from 15 minutes 30 seconds to 19 minutes in the video. If you are still here its worth 3 minutes of your time. If you really want to learn something watch the entire video. Its much easier to have this explained by a real Doctor that runs a clinic and treats real patients than it is to listen to guys go back and forth here. I don't think any of us have gone to Med school.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Vodka is no carbs so it is good for you.

Bananas have sugar so they’re the devil.

No strawberries but six pounds of pork belly gets the green light.

I deadlift 85lbs and I am really smart.

Actually, if you are diabetic or want to keep your body at an extremely low fat content this is true.
As bizarre as it may sound to most people.

Proud NRA Life Member
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jc189
rcamuglia, We are both posting information from a study done by Dr. Kevin Hall of NIH’s National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. Just to clear things up, watch a real Dr. who is an expert in this field explain the Kevin Hall study. Don't take my word for it. If anyone is still following this thread so far, you may really be interested in some real facts.

Watch this video from 15 minutes 30 seconds to 19 minutes in the video. If you are still here its worth 3 minutes of your time. If you really want to learn something watch the entire video. Its much easier to have this explained by a real Doctor that runs a clinic and treats real patients than it is to listen to guys go back and forth here. I don't think any of us have gone to Med school.

That was an interesting listen.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
19:21...."So why I talk about fasting and other low carbohydrate diets is.." He classifies it as an another diet...As far as to being a "lifestyle change", all diets are a life style change for the most part. So you are into semantics that mean little.

Anyway, he emphasizes over and over to lower the foods that produce insulin which prevents fat from being used. While fasting is one way.....there are others that will work also. And many will find fasting to be one of the most difficult.

The cavemen he refers to, didn't fast because they wanted to. They did so because they hadn't killed anything for awhile. When they did, some say they gorged and didn't say...."Nope, I'm going to stop a couple days and let this rot." Fasting was a result of their food opportunity, and not a desired choice. Did it work...Yes, I have yet to find any refer to fat cavemen. But we really don't know.
Then again, I would think they got more than a little exercise...

Last edited by battue; 07/30/23.

laissez les bons temps rouler
R
RHClark Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by battue
19:21...."So why I talk about fasting and other low carbohydrate diets is.." He classifies it as an another diet...As far as to being a "lifestyle change", all diets are a life style change for the most part. So you are into semantics that mean little.

Anyway, he emphasizes over and over to lower the foods that produce insulin which prevents fat from being used. While fasting is one way.....there are others that will work also. And many will find fasting to be one of the most difficult.

The cavemen he refers to, didn't fast because they wanted to. The did so because they hadn't killed anything for awhile. When they did, some say they gorged and didn't say...."Nope, I'm going to stop a couple days and let this rot."

It's possible that many will find fasting difficult. It's also possible that many will find simple calorie reduction and increased mobility weight loss impossible.

Most fat people have been trying to lose weight by the eat less exercise more weight loss model for decades. I do not understand the resistance to a different approach that has helped thousands of people. What the hell is wrong with trying something different if what you have been doing isn't working? Why the hell do all thin people think they have all the answers on how to lose weight when they have never done it?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I do all the stuff, intermittant fasting , one meal a day (in a 2 hour window), eat animal products (80%) and low carb vegetables (20%).

So for the last 72 pages it is easy to boil it all down if one wants to have a normal BMI, just look at the first line here.

It took me about 1 year to get used to avoidence of carbs which the standard American diet has in spades.

My BMI is 24, the best part of this lifestyle is that immflammation has been reduced significantly, nothing really hurts any more, I am 67 years old.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I’ve fasted….. it is much easier to exercise and eat reasonably

As far as BMi…. It is becoming increasingly thought, that outside of the extremes, it is has little validity in being an indicator of good health.

BMI: it’s so easy these days to find someone who will make your case. 😂

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/how-useful-is-the-body-mass-index-bmi-201603309339

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Axtell
I

My BMI is 24, the best part of this lifestyle is that immflammation has been reduced significantly, nothing really hurts any more, I am 67 years old.

Do weighted squats a couple days a week and you will hurt. Even the fittest do.Fasters and nonfasters….

Page 72 of 257 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 256 257

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

193 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 280shooter, 257_X_50, 260Remguy, 28 invisible), 1,799 guests, and 1,140 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,993
Posts18,481,120
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.