Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Has anyone been watching this?

I really liked the original 6-season series. But this new version, although okay at times, is really disappointing to me. I watched episode 5 last night, and I thought it mostly was terrible. I watched it with my 16 and 19 year old sons who loved the original series, and they too were happy when it was over. We had a much better time playing Scrabble after it ended.

So, there is the PC-inspired interracial relationship that Givens gets into, which made us groan just because that’s always being shoved down everyone’s throats in huge volumes. I could overlook that somewhat if it made any sense, but it just doesn’t. The black lady has less personality than a stale potato; she’s fat; she’s ugly; and, aside from her ethnicity, there is NOTHING attractive or interesting about her. No one on the planet would find her attractive. Yet, Givens, who was the object of affection of numerous super-hot ladies in the original series, is all smitten with this bland ugly lady. And they made that the centerpiece of the whole episode. It’s just sooooo stupid and boring. If Givens was smitten with some super-hot woman from any ethnicity, it might have been bearable, but that dominant storyline is just so bad.

GB4

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Waste of fuggn time. I made it through three episodes and done.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Disappointed in the show. Watched three hoping it would get rolling, but no…

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
How many gay couples so far? Trans? Any series made now has to have these components. GD

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've probably bailed on more new series than I've finished in the last couple years. The studios have lost their minds about what people want to watch and instead are making what they want us to watch.

The crazy thing is, the formula for what works is right there. Most folk's favorite series and movies are now over 7-8 years old.

Now with even more aplomb
IC B2

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
With all the black and gay members of the Campfire, I'm surprised it hasn't got more fans.

Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JPro
I've probably bailed on more new series than I've finished in the last couple years. The studios have lost their minds about what people want to watch and instead are making what they want us to watch.

The crazy thing is, the formula for what works is right there. Most folk's favorite series and movies are now over 7-8 years old.

I agree. A couple of recent exceptions to me are Yellowstone and Ozark.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I finally dropped out on Ozark because the main couple were unlikable, pretentious dirtbags at heart and I couldn't find myself pulling for them anymore. I did watch it for several years before I'd seen enough. It was well done in most aspects.

Last edited by JPro; 08/11/23.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MarineHawk

I really liked the original 6-season series. But this new version, although okay at times, is really disappointing to me. I watched episode 5 last night, and I thought it mostly was terrible. I watched it with my 16 and 19 year old sons who loved the original series, and they too were happy when it was over. We had a much better time playing Scrabble after it ended.

So, there is the PC-inspired interracial relationship that Givens gets into, which made us groan just because that’s always being shoved down everyone’s throats in huge volumes. I could overlook that somewhat if it made any sense, but it just doesn’t. The black lady has less personality than a stale potato; she’s fat; she’s ugly; and, aside from her ethnicity, there is NOTHING attractive or interesting about her. No one on the planet would find her attractive. Yet, Givens, who was the object of affection of numerous super-hot ladies in the original series, is all smitten with this bland ugly lady. And they made that the centerpiece of the whole episode. It’s just sooooo stupid and boring. If Givens was smitten with some super-hot woman from any ethnicity, it might have been bearable, but that dominant storyline is just so bad.

I had a sinking feeling it was going to go there, and it did. Much to my disappointment. The original series Justified was pretty darned good. This one is shaping up to be dull and slow. Combine that with Givens hooking up with that unattractive overweight defense attorney, and forget about it.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I watached the first episode and it didn’t get my interest at all, especially compared to the previous version. None of the characters made me want to see more of them. A review I read said the main protagonist was introduced in the first episode and no one stood out as being worthy.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Givens boning the black DA......🤮

S
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
S
Darn, I've got the series recorded but haven't watched any yet. Really liked the original.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The new show is ‘based on’ Elmore Leonard’s ideas and characters. . The writers, Andron and Dinner are just not Leonard’s equal. By a long shot.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
The new show is ‘based on’ Elmore Leonard’s ideas and characters. . The writers, Andron and Dinner are just not Leonard’s equal. By a long shot.

There aren't many writers around who can touch Elmore Leonard's talent.

My opinion.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have watched all but the first one of the series. Big disapointment. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I would love to hear the commentary from Boyd Crowder when he found out ol Raylon was "burning that coal".

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
When Raylon hooked up with the ugly defense lawyer, it was a jump the shark moment. Most saw it coming. The writing is poor at best. The original series was great, this time, don’t waste your time.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Boring.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Boring.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MarineHawk

I really liked the original 6-season series. But this new version, although okay at times, is really disappointing to me. I watched episode 5 last night, and I thought it mostly was terrible.

Same.
Big let down.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (1234, 160user, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 2,222 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,919
Posts18,479,696
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.