Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 139 of 257 1 2 137 138 139 140 141 256 257
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The wife tells me we are going full carnivore.

Meat, fish, eggs, diary, and condiments.

Condiments means I may get a few carbs from Tabasco Chipotle sauce.

We have not started yet. Yesterday I ate blackberries, sour kraut, kimchi, and pickle....kiss those good bye.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
How many pages is the diary?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by krp
Wasn't trying to lose weight, I was checking to see how much shit the op and his boyfriends were spruiking...a lot apparently.

I understood. Disregarding the bs, has it helped your acid reflux?

Kent

No...that was transitory.

Generally it isn't that much of an issue...but I really do like potato bake.

Added...and God help me I have discovered that the Balranald Bakery makes a most excellent sourdough loaf.

There is one thing of interest...the sourdough bread like the gluten free bread doesn't bloat me like other bread does...I confirmed this yesterday by consuming a half loaf in one sitting with absolutely no ill affects other than being overfull...as opposed to one slice of regular white/bran/brown bread causing bloat.

Bread is pretty much my undoing for acid reflux, I eat it but not a half loaf of french bread anymore, try to keep it from 2 to 4 slices a day.

Kent

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Clarkm

We have not started yet. Yesterday I ate blackberries, sour kraut, kimchi, and pickle....kiss those good bye.

Carb content of vegetables are not counted on Primal Blueprint, and the results at least in my case are very good, with IF, both OMD or sustained fasting are great.

A lifestyle for four years and starting my fifth after 50 years of fighting obesity.

I dropped in to see nothing has changed, everyone is committed to their own beliefs and will never change, never open their mind, exactly like the liberal fk's destroying the country.

Dave

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Conservatism is being as close to the line of reality as possible, liberalism is drifting away from the line.

Reality is if you only wish to focus on the eating part of weight gain or loss... whatever you eat that makes you fat, don't eat it and you will lose weight... it doesn't matter when you don't eat it... just don't.

Kent

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by RDW
Carb content of vegetables are not counted on Primal Blueprint, and the results at least in my case are very good, with IF, both OMD or sustained fasting are great.

A lifestyle for four years and starting my fifth after 50 years of fighting obesity.

I dropped in to see nothing has changed, everyone is committed to their own beliefs and will never change, never open their mind, exactly like the liberal fk's destroying the country.

So what...why do you expect everyone to do as you do?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RDW

.An extensive literature review was conducted to analyze how a secondary mathematics teacher can best support female and LGBTQ students. ..... This research indicates there are more things teachers should be doing to support students who have been historically marginalized in mathematics.

Yep, no difference;)

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by krp
Conservatism is being as close to the line of reality as possible, liberalism is drifting away from the line.

Reality is if you only wish to focus on the eating part of weight gain or loss... whatever you eat that makes you fat, don't eat it and you will lose weight... it doesn't matter when you don't eat it... just don't.

Kent

Pretty much captures the essence of the thing...from my experience at least.

All this is terrific for those watching weight, but for those that toil physically it doesn't keep them going.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RDW

So what...why do you expect everyone to do as you do?

Are you referring to have an open mind?

Dave

R
RHClark Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Clarkm

I did carnivore for a month when I first started trying to lose weight. I didn't crap the last two weeks and started eating lots of greens and salads with my meat.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wasn't trying to lose weight, I was checking to see how much shit the op and his boyfriends were spruiking...a lot apparently.

And you did it Wrong.

... and then came to the brilliant predetermined conclusion that an Eight million year old human evolutionary condition... doesn't work.

Stupid is as stupid does.

What doesn't work - is what's between your ears.

GR

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Originally Posted by krp
It has helped mine, but it has never been a permanent issue, has always come and gone.

Mostly my wife is starting to suffer arthritis in her hip, trying to reduce inflammation. She is pretty careful on her carbs and no sugar anyway, eats at 12 and then dinner. Haven't seen great results yet, still trying. She's reluctant to get a hip replacement. It's going to be one of those deals when she finally does she'll regret waiting so long. I'm just support either way.

Kent

If she is a white woman of European decent, she needs to cut out nightshade vegetables

Absolutely! My wife read an article about Tom Brady (we both hate him) but he said nightshades caused him inflammation and pain so my wife wondered if that was her problem. She felt like she was getting older faster and hurting from arthritis and since she consumed tomatoes and peppers daily along with potatoes and eggplant is her favorite she cut it out and almost overnight felt immensely better. She now cheats very rarely if the “juice is worth the squeeze” but she pays for it later. I’ve given her 600+mg (the minimum anti inflammatory dose) ahead of time if she’s going to cheat which can help but she still feels it in her joints.

It doesn’t matter what I eat my back and shoulders always hurt so I eat what I want every 24 hours. 😀

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What seems to be lost in the discussion about fasting, in this thread and elsewhere and narrowing it down to continuous fasting is the person is not starving. Without dietary carbs, and after the depletion of gylcogen the body uses the most readily available fuel sources and that is fat. And in my case, my body is "feasting" on fat. No issue with energy, no hunger pain and any desire to eat is simply in my head. This is not BS, it's well documented, proven to be successful and works well. In the case of IF, I believe the benefit is reduced insulin production over reduced calorie intake and for those pre-diabetic or diabetic worth it for better health. I believe Fung said any food source will cause insulin production so no matter how someone chooses to eat, there is still a benefit to health, weightloss and longevity by IF.

Dave

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
That "in my head" comment is spot on...it is like the taste buds are bored and want stimulation. No physical hunger, just boredom.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Changing your eating window from 6am/6pm to 7am/5pm or 10am/6pm or 12am/6am... and eating the exact same food that made you fat, won't cure your diabetes... that's the IF/IM part of the discussion.

Increasing activity and reducing/eliminating foods that cause your diabetes is how you can control it.

Using a restricted eating window as a platform to reduce food intake along with activity and diet is a phycological benefit, but by itself isn't effective... either of the other two do have benefit by itself.

Why does that matter? because someone watching the video will think they can eat unrestricted but in an 8 hour window and cure diabetes, lose a hundred pounds... just don't eat and hour after getting up and 3 hours before bed minimum... and that's not true.

You will drop 10lbs of water weight the first couple weeks and hit the wall.

Kent

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by krp
Changing your eating window from 6am/6pm to 7am/5pm or 10am/6pm or 12am/6am... and eating the exact same food that made you fat, won't cure your diabetes... that's the IF/IM part of the discussion.

Increasing activity and reducing/eliminating foods that cause your diabetes is how you can control it.

Using a restricted eating window as a platform to reduce food intake along with activity and diet is a phycological benefit, but by itself isn't effective... either of the other two do have benefit by itself.

Why does that matter? because someone watching the video will think they can eat unrestricted but in an 8 hour window and cure diabetes, lose a hundred pounds... just don't eat and hour after getting up and 3 hours before bed minimum... and that's not true.

You will drop 10lbs of water weight the first couple weeks and hit the wall.

Kent

I did not get that impression if you are referencing Fung's two compartment video.

That was certainly the case with Atkin's Diet, unlimited protein and fat until you were full.

Dave

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Video in the OP, what this thread started as.

Does Fung disagree with the first video?

Kent

Last edited by krp; 08/20/23.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RDW
What seems to be lost in the discussion about fasting, in this thread and elsewhere and narrowing it down to continuous fasting is the person is not starving. Without dietary carbs, and after the depletion of gylcogen the body uses the most readily available fuel sources and that is fat. And in my case, my body is "feasting" on fat. No issue with energy, no hunger pain and any desire to eat is simply in my head. This is not BS, it's well documented, proven to be successful and works well. In the case of IF, I believe the benefit is reduced insulin production over reduced calorie intake and for those pre-diabetic or diabetic worth it for better health. I believe Fung said any food source will cause insulin production so no matter how someone chooses to eat, there is still a benefit to health, weightloss and longevity by IF.

Insulin - is triggered by the presence of excess sugar in the blood - to transport it into either muscle, Liver, or fat cells.

Even if the Liver is the one making it.

Dietary Fasting - does not exist in a high blood-sugar environment.

... Starvation does.

Dr. Fung avoided Ketosis as the base of Dietary Fasting, while assuming its presence.

GR

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Garandimal
Originally Posted by RDW

Insulin - is triggered by the presence of excess sugar in the blood - to transport it into either muscle, Liver, or fat cells.

... Starvation does.

Dr. Fung avoided Ketosis as the base of Dietary Fasting, while assuming its presence.

GR

Are you arguing a point because your posts don't make much sense....not trying to be a dk' just don't get it.

Dave

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RDW
Originally Posted by Garandimal
Originally Posted by RDW

... Starvation does.

GR

Are you arguing a point because your posts don't make much sense....not trying to be a dk' just don't get it.

Depends on what you don't understand, doesn't it.

So what do you know?

GR

Page 139 of 257 1 2 137 138 139 140 141 256 257

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,118 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,036
Posts18,481,953
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.