Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by KillerBee
I had to put our beautiful and beloved dog Kappa to sleep this morning.

I have owned many dogs since childhood and my best friends and memories have always been with our hunting dogs, growing up. I was lucky growing up, my father was a hunting dog breeder, so I had lots of great friends to go on adventures with and to love.

I have come to the conclusion that the only living being on our blue planet, that will give you true unconditional love is a dog, which is most likely why the word Dog spelled in reverse is God.

He died peacefully in my arms and on my lap during the mercy injection this morning. I cried like a baby, but I knew that keeping him longer would not be correct and selfish. He was 15 and my better 1/2's dog which she brought into our relationship, but he quickly became my good little buddy. He was the only dog I have ever owned that was not a bird dog. He was a Shih Tzu and a friendly and good little boy.

If anyone would like to say a little prayer for my buddy Kappa, that would be appreciated.

Thank you, good people from 24 Hour Campfire.

Dogs Rule!

Oh my gracious.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB4

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My son lost his dog about a month ago. She was 14 1/2. He said that every time you get a dog it's the beginning of just another tragedy because the dog is going to go long before you will. He has 2 kids and they were attached to that dog. My son had the dog before he had the kids. The kids have only known 2 dogs in their entire life. The other one passed about 3 years ago.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Never not painful - the only true cost of partnering with a dog.

We are on our last partnerships, I think. Not fair to leave the canines behind, or not properly exercise them as they need.

Last edited by las; 08/29/23.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I am sorry for your loss.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Not a easy thing to go through, been there. My heart goes out to you and your family and prayers sent for your little buddy.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Sorry to hear about your pup. We had a 4 yr old Springer that the family absolutely adored. Got a call on vacation that she seemed ill. 2 days later we were told she was riddled with cancer and would not make the weekend. Kids were devastated. Like others, she was to be our last dog and we would ease into retirement unbound by pets. 2 months later both my wife and I fond ourselves searching for another dog and are now moving fromm no more to maybe spring.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BamBam
Not a easy thing to go through, been there. My heart goes out to you and your family and prayers sent for your little buddy.

Yes.

Praying for you and the dead dog.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I have read every comment and for a tough guy that has bow-hunted bears, moose, and elk alone in the wilderness, it took a few Kleenexes to get through.

I would like to thank everyone who took the time to respond and to say a prayer for my little friend Kappa, who is no doubt right now playing with all my other dogs at Rainbow Bridge. All playing and chasing Grouse, Woodcock, Pheasant, Chukars, Quail, and Huns together. The poor little guy is going to have a tough time keeping up with my English Setters and German Shorthaired Pointer with his short little legs! lol

Great Poem, thanks for sharing it granitestate1, I have never seen it before. I emailed it to my better Β½ as soon as I read it, hope it eases her pain.

I have a long-held belief that people who hunt and fish are the real salt of the earth type and are also the best people you will ever meet or know.

Your considerate, kind, and thoughtful responses to my thread, were so much more than I ever expected and only confirmed and deepened my lifelong belief.

I have said a prayer for the other beloved dogs lost by members in this thread. All of them happily playing at Rainbow Bridge and eagerly waiting to see us again in the distant future.

24-Hour Campfire Members are the best and may God Bless every one of you.

β€œTis Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all” - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Thank you kindly to all ~ KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 08/30/23.

KB

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I have read every comment and for a tough guy that has bow-hunted bears, moose, and elk alone in the wilderness, it took a few Kleenexes to get through.

I would like to thank everyone who took the time to respond and to say a prayer for my little friend Kappa, who is no doubt right now playing with all my other dogs at Rainbow Bridge. All playing and chasing Grouse, Woodcock, Pheasant, Chukars, Quail, and Huns together. The poor little guy is going to have a tough time keeping up with my English Setters and German Shorthaired Pointer with his short little legs! lol

Great Poem, thanks for sharing it granitestate1, I have never seen it before. I emailed it to my better Β½ as soon as I read it, hope it eases her pain.

I have a long-held belief that people who hunt and fish are the real salt of the earth type and are also the best people you will ever meet or know.

Your considerate, kind, and thoughtful responses to my thread, were so much more than I ever expected and only confirmed and deepened my lifelong belief.

I have said a prayer for the other beloved dogs lost by members in this thread. All of them happily playing at Rainbow Bridge and eagerly waiting to see us again in the distant future.

β€œTis Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all” - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Watch that Twilight Zone episode I linked to. One of my favorites. Can't watch it with a dry eye, if you're a dog lover.

IC B3

F
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
F
If heaven is anything like I imagine it, it will be absolutely full of good dogs that have gone on before us.

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Watch that Twilight Zone episode I linked to. One of my favorites. Can't watch it with a dry eye, if you're a dog lover.

Hi The_Real_Hawkeye, I completely plan on watching it today after work and after a few beverages, I grew up watching Twilight Zone one of my favorites, was the one with the big game hunter that ended up on the wall of his trophy room lol.

Cheers

KB

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from 64.media.tumblr.com]

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Morewood
LOL. Yep.

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Morewood

Yep, that would be perfect!

KB

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Sure Sucks, shame that don't live longer.

Have been there.

Don't gobble at me
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Thanks The_Real_Hawkeye,

"I was born with a cheap set of ears" I will have to use that sometime lol

Just watched it, I would not have gone in either, it isn't heaven, unless your hunting dogs can get in too, that's a fact!

Cheers

Last edited by KillerBee; 08/30/23.

KB

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Really sorry for you.

Prayer going up.

You’ll see him again.

Best dog I ever had is one I have presently. A little Shih Tsu / Poodle mix.

I dread The Day….

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
After putting Beamer to sleep after his getting hit by a car my grandson, in tears, asked me if dogs go to heaven. I told him that since God made them and they lived a more honorable life than most people, yes.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Sorry for your loss. All of us who have loved and lost a dear pet understands how you're feeling.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

631 members (1234, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 63 invisible), 2,215 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,916
Posts18,479,651
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.