Hop To
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I know... have lived here 28 years now....have shot a couple over 225 pounds on the hoof and have seen a few ones bigger than that... but most are in the 90 to 120 pound ranges....

have shot a bunch in the 150 to 180 pound ranges. Not as many around, as when I moved here from the midwest in 1995, but there are still quite a few, so its not hard hunting...

Most of the ones I've shot have been taken in a cartridge that was loaded with 30 grains of 4198 or RL 7. from 243 to 30/06. from ranges out to 250 and 300 yds...

done a lot of loading for kids in Boy Scouts, or let them load them, with me supervising and dad attending...

They've done pretty darn well, because the loads are very shootable and yet are very lethal due to the low recoil making bullet placement very easily....

pretty much what the 6 x 45 is all about.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

GB1

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Cowboybart
Nice thread, at the beginning. Good timing too. ER Shaw just sent a notice that my wife's 6-223 barrel will be arriving this week. I'll start with some lighter (70-85gr) bullets for her and see how things go. In the past, the 100gr RN has been the Hammer of Thor on deer and pronghorn, out of a 15" 243 Encore. Unless you're shooting critters over 300 yard, don't forget about that bullet. My longest handgun shot on game, was the Encore 243 with a 100gr RN at 286 yards. Pronghorn buck was dead before he hit the ground. The RN is the Rodney Dangerfield of bullets.

Bart,

I have got no shortage of bullets for this caliber....got a couple boxes of the discontinued 100 grain Hornady RN... and 5 or 6 boxes of the Sierra 100 gr SMP... a bullet I really like. If I could shoot 20 deer this year, ( in places like Alabama where that is legal ) I could take down deer and not use the same type of bullet twice...

There are few bad choices at all for this cartridge.. and at the range most deer are taken ( 100 yds and under ) it is head and shoulders over a 223. and with a bolt action, my only regret is not looking closely at this cartridge 30 years ago...

If I had had to serve in combat with the AR, I'd have felt a lot more comfortable with it chambered in a 6 x 45, with 100 to 105 grain bullets and a little longer magazine in cartridge length.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Booze talking or is it the meth again Stumpy?

Hell I have plenty of deer migrating thru the property daily.. why would it be that I'd never point a rifle at one?

and I don't clean bed pans Stumpy....hell in my life, I've scrubbed into well over a couple thousand, heart cases at teaching hospitals all over the country.. vs you're bragging of how well you can run a friggin chain saw....

but being in the medical world, I understand mental deficiencies, dealing with it in demented patients, alcohol and drug fueled. I can easily let them have their fantasies in life.. as it doesn't effect me.. I'm not in competition with their delusions.. don't have to be...I can be self employed.... You? you have to work for someone else.. you and your chain saw..

but does that really matter in the big picture? I didn't start out life or even think about living a lifestyle like you chose.
you made your choices, and I made mine... I'm not in any competition with you or anyone else for that matter. Our lives is what we make it. Sadly yours is so depressing, all you can do is brag about yourself and then criticize those that laugh about it.... I don't condemn you, I just feel sorry for you. Your existence has to be pretty lonely and depressing.

If you believe you're happy with it, then I'm glad for you.. as for me.. my world doesn't circle the sun waiting or desiring your approval of anything I do.. but if you want to believe it does.. knock yourself out.. you have no one to really share that with.....

and this joke of criticizing people's punctuation? you now playing English Teacher School Marm? That is sorta hilarious...
heck you really don't know what a bar of soap is for or how often to use it.... No, I don't hate you.. just feel sorry for you.
It ain't easy being Schtick, is it?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

Your Imagination and Pretend are taking you to places,which don't exist...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

It is funnier than fhuqk,that you are enthralled with the 6x45 and it's "superiority",despite having never killed a critter with same. Deer tags abound here and rest ASSURED,the 223 gives nothing in terminal effects away,to the 6x45. Step up to 112's and the 6x45 does nice things slipping atmospherics and staying SuperSonic. Pardon my being afforded the luxuries,of not being forced to guess. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Please keep extolling your Emotional Roller Coaster,as you wax eloquent on being a Brokedick CLUELESS Drooling Dumbfhuqk. The last time you shot at a Deer,it was crippled and sweltered over night,as you ran like the Window Licking Kchunt you are to the phone,to cry to Sierra that you can't kill a Spike by yourself. Undoubtedly,they are STILL fhuqking LAUGHING! HINT.

Do not "forget" that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery,as you pilfer punctuation and talk out your ass. You aren't going to live long enough,to ever fill another Deer Tag and haven't done so in years. Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination,Pretend,Lying,Crying and Whining are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Shefire,

Your Imagination and Pretend are taking you to places,which don't exist...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

It is funnier than fhuqk,that you are enthralled with the 6x45 and it's "superiority",despite having never killed a critter with same. Deer tags abound here and rest ASSURED,the 223 gives nothing in terminal effects away,to the 6x45. Step up to 112's and the 6x45 does nice things slipping atmospherics and staying SuperSonic. Pardon my being afforded the luxuries,of not being forced to guess. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

Please keep extolling your Emotional Roller Coaster,as you wax eloquent on being a Brokedick CLUELESS Drooling Dumbfhuqk. The last time you shot at a Deer,it was crippled and sweltered over night,as you ran like the Window Licking Kchunt you are to the phone,to cry to Sierra that you can't kill a Spike by yourself. Undoubtedly,they are STILL fhuqking LAUGHING! HINT.

Do not "forget" that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery,as you pilfer punctuation and talk out your ass. You aren't going to live long enough,to ever fill another Deer Tag and haven't done so in years. Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination,Pretend,Lying,Crying and Whining are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Another 600 yard shot or 20 yards?

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SniffleKchunt,

Simply another 223/75gr Buck,which GREATLY exceeds you and Shefire's "Life" efforts...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

That spout was long ago shot out and is a 8" 22PPC AFI now. Hint.

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
SniffleKchunt,

Simply another 223/75gr Buck,which GREATLY exceeds you and Shefire's "Life" efforts...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

That spout was long ago shot out and is a 8" 22PPC AFI now. Hint.

And we all know how wonderful the .22 PPC feeds from most magazines. The problem with .224 caliber is that the only decent bullet is the 53 grain Vmax, and that's a varmint bullet. All the other .224 bullets either have poor b.c.'s or inconsistent terminal performance. That's why 6mm is better. And you didn't shoot out any spout, Little Liar Larry, you simply put on a new barrel before the old one was even 25% used.

Last edited by Riflehunter; 09/04/23.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SniffleKchunt,

Kudos on becoming a "we",because you certainly aren't doing worth a flying fhuqk as "you"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You've never even "seen" a 22 PPC,let alone "shot" one. AK's are LEGENDARY for their feed/function "woes". Luckily for Friendly Forces,they aren't mag fed,nor is a SKS! Pardon a single pass of the press,connecting the dots your crossed-eyes and pointy head are unable to. Hint. LAUGHING!

I've not seen a 53 since about 30 seconds ago,compared to a 88 ELD. HINT.

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Shefire,

translation in English:

BlahBlahBlah BlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlah burp... belch..... fart.....BlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlah,,, faaaaaarrrrrrttttt......BlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlahBlah

Fhugking Laughing at myself....
Schtick....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

How many times a day do you think about me...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon simplistic Facts,upsetting you so. The punctuation is a nice touch and rather flattering to boot. HINT.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

IC B3

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
Shefire,

Another 600 yard shot or 20 yards?

sure Stumpy...what ever you say.....I still say, you get more imagination out of two working brain cells than anyone else on the planet... minus Kim in No Korea. I'm sure most of your " killing " in the world of mother nature, is a couple bottles of J.D. daily. Your delusions are the best entertainment value on the ol www....

it ain't easy being Schtick, ya know...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

Your latent Homoerotic Fantasies are more than a touch "telling"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Dangle your Spike Thread,where it sat crippled and sweltering over night,as you got on your Bitch Phone and called Sierra from hours and miles away,complaining that you can't shoot. That's some "hard charging" "hunting" there. HINT.

223AI/75gr Buck here and pardon The Splendor. Hint.

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Shefire,

Your latent Homoerotic Fantasies are more than a touch "telling"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Dangle your Spike Thread,where it sat crippled and sweltering over night,as you got on your Bitch Phone and called Sierra from hours and miles away,complaining that you can't shoot. That's some "hard charging" "hunting" there. HINT.

223AI/75gr Buck here and pardon The Splendor. Hint.

do you smoke crack to formulate these posts, or are you just naturally that stupid?

Sounds like a little of half and half with both of those scenarios...

Are you your own greatest hero? you know there is a mental illness, that addresses that syndrome....

must get lonely just sitting around patting yourself on the back daily....
ain't easy begin Schtick is it?

you have my sympathy, but I do laugh a lot at your demented lack of intelligence and void of common sense...

you go girl!!!!.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire Crippled Spike EMERGENCY Phone Call 1. Hint.

Shefire Crippled Spike Round Two. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.........................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Didn't think I'd see you file a hurt feelers report, but here we are.

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by goalie

Didn't think I'd see you file a hurt feelers report, but here we are.

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

whistle

yes but here we are......guess he got hurt feelings, and went off the deep end, and tried to rally his Emergency Response Team, with him playing Victim....I'll admit its been fun watching him trying to rally his ERT.....

Funny thing is, he actually thinks I care......joke's on him.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ladies,

Electronic Hurt Feeler Reports Filed Here...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you gals,Imagination,Pretend,Whining and Emoji's are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Keep the Crippled Critter Threads coming,as you CLUELESS Kchunts do your best. hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.....................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Kettle, the pot's calling......

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Stick, keep filling the hurt feelers reports.

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Stick's hurt feelings

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ladies,

I know how DESPERATELY you try for my attention...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Shefire and her crippled sweltering steaks,does more than poor poor(literally) Brokedick Hoalie,though that lowwwwww of a bar,doesn't even seem possible. You Magnificent Whining Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqks are a HOOT! Hint.

Fortunately for you gals,Imagination,Pretend,Whining,Crying,Lying,Emoji's and Punctuation are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". The Mail should be rather kind,with another fresh Pulsar Thermion 2 LRF XG50,Sig Kilo 6K 8X's,GPOTAC 45 Spotter,piles of brass,a couple S/S 22 WMR uppers and a fresh new 6 PPC Rifle. That will make for some Very BIG Days for you gals,as you clamor to "live" vicariously. Pardon wares that exist,as you gals set mired being you,on the sidelines of "Life",grasping at straws. Hint.

Don't "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Oooooopsie! Too late. HINT.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.......................

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

389 members (10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 204guy, 260Remguy, 222ND, 17CalFan, 50 invisible), 2,519 guests, and 1,151 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,533
Posts18,530,989
Members74,038
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.