Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 20 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 19 20
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by horse1
With the way projectile development has gone, it'd be foolish to introduce a long-action that didn't house at least a 3.7" COAL. Wilson could skip the 24 and 28 altogether and just go straight to the 32 that already has the longer box. Given the option, almost everyone would gladly pay 4Oz for all the COAL in the belly they ever wanted or needed.

I think you're right. But, it is a 32oz action, right? Not 40oz. There was a Model 40 but, it was bigger than the 32.

So, my 5.98lb 7PRC becomes a 6.23lb 7PRC or with the bottom metal and different stock - 6.5lb 7PRC (24" #2 contour barrel) but, holds 3 in the mag and gives the kissers room to kiss. Makes sense. Still a super light big 7. And, makes my rifle a bit more of a unicorn and all the more dear to my heart.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"One should not talk to a skilled hunter about what is forbidden by the Buddha."

- Hsiang-yen by way of Gary Snyder
GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by 1eyedmule
With the way projectile development has gone, it'd be foolish to introduce a long-action that didn't house at least a 3.7" COAL. Wilson could skip the 24 and 28 altogether and just go straight to the 32 that already has the longer box. Given the option, almost everyone would gladly pay 4Oz for all the COAL in the belly they ever wanted or needed.

I think you're right. But, it is a 32oz action, right? Not 40oz. There was a Model 40 but, it was bigger than the 32.

I should've put a space between 4 and Oz. I meant folks would pay 4 Oz (32 vs. 28) to have the COAL. There was a "short" magnum version too, but I don't recall if it was a 28 or 32.

The 28 as a "Short Mag" action w/3.34" mag box would probably suffice, but, then @ 3.34", is it really a "short" action?

I guess what I was really getting at is that I wouldn't offer less than a 3.7" box for anything in the 62MM-68MM case length families ('06, 264/7Rem/338, 300Win, etc).

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
I should've put a space between 4 and Oz. I meant folks would pay 4 Oz (32 vs. 28) to have the COAL. There was a "short" magnum version too, but I don't recall if it was a 28 or 32.

The 28 as a "Short Mag" action w/3.34" mag box would probably suffice, but, then @ 3.34", is it really a "short" action?

I guess what I was really getting at is that I wouldn't offer less than a 3.7" box for anything in the 62MM-68MM case length families ('06, 264/7Rem/338, 300Win, etc).

Ah, my bad. We're on the same page. The 32 makes the most sense for those.

"One should not talk to a skilled hunter about what is forbidden by the Buddha."

- Hsiang-yen by way of Gary Snyder
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
This thread was entertaining. Thank you all. Lol

It’s incredible the folks telling Bill his problem is barrel twist rates when the real problem is WC bought the IP and didn’t rebrand it.

Changing the platform is fine, but calling it something it’s not when there was over a year’s time before the marketing releases, and then coming on to a forum to try and line people out about the product? You should probably consider chewing on someone’s ass that’s on your payroll for mishandling the development/marketing/product lifecycle plan instead of making a keyboard plea.

It’s like remakes of classic movies or a franchise/brand “reboot”. It’s never as good as the original (even though it actually may be) because you no longer possess the nostalgia/experience/status.

The dang things should’ve been called something else- I came up with a few ideas while typing up this post. No linkage to the ULAs, NULAs, CLRs or Forbes guns. It would be a WC gun, and you wouldn’t even think about being on here to defend the product because it would be judged by what it “is” and not against what it’s not- leaving you to shoot pigs in your twilight years while enabling your investment to be accretive.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Obviously,the script has fallen into numerous hands through the years and for numerous reasons. As horrible of a job that Colt did on the platform,Ronnie did the EXACT opposite and simply surpassed Mel's BEST fhuqking efforts. That's not a Melvin Slam,but rather a Ronnie Accolade. Hint.

Ronnie did/do understand Mechanics and simply aligned the platform,to shine brightly in ALL avenues. He fhuqking NAILED RPM and throat geometry,better than anyone and everyone,before during or since. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

He made receivers outta S/S,D&T'd (5) 8-40's atop same and the end results were/are without peer. To come in behind THE pinnacle and Goat Fhuqk the lineage,is a crying fhuqking shame. The heartbeat of EVERY fhuqking rifle is RPM/Throat Geometry/COAL and to purposely Goat Fhuqk that,blows my mind. Blue Haired Cat Lady Notions,are beyond "peculiar". Hint.

It is plum AMAZING to me,how very little Manufacturers "know" or shoot. Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Obviously,the script has fallen into numerous hands through the years and for numerous reasons. As horrible of a job that Colt did on the platform,Ronnie did the EXACT opposite and simply surpassed Mel's BEST fhuqking efforts. That's not a Melvin Slam,but rather a Ronnie Accolade. Hint.

Ronnie did/do understand Mechanics and simply aligned the platform,to shine brightly in ALL avenues. He fhuqking NAILED RPM and throat geometry,better than anyone and everyone,before during or since. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

He made receivers outta S/S,D&T'd (5) 8-40's atop same and the end results were/are without peer. To come in behind THE pinnacle and Goat Fhuqk the lineage,is a crying fhuqking shame. The heartbeat of EVERY fhuqking rifle is RPM/Throat Geometry/COAL and to purposely Goat Fhuqk that,blows my mind. Blue Haired Cat Lady Notions,are beyond "peculiar". Hint.

It is plum AMAZING to me,how very little Manufacturers "know" or shoot. Hint...............

I don’t see your posts unless I’m logged out and scrolling. This one really intrigued me.

If you’re so damn smart and know what good rifle is and should be, why do you remain an Alaskan hillbilly bumpkin instead of starting a gun company and becoming a successful narcissist instead of a plain-ass narcissist?

I’m genuinely intrigued, and I have capital on standby to use if you genuinely have the knowledge, skills and initiative to make something happen. I think my capital would be better spent in ammo manufacturing considering the supply chain and geopolitical issues limiting consumer supply; but you have my attention if you have genuine expertise, and not a bunch of empty green ammo boxes with yellow pen paint on them and hand-me-down po’boy rifles.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by BigGrz

I don’t see your posts unless I’m logged out and scrolling. This one really intrigued me.

If you’re so damn smart and know what good rifle is and should be, why do you remain an Alaskan hillbilly bumpkin instead of starting a gun company and becoming a successful narcissist instead of a plain-ass narcissist?

I’m genuinely intrigued, and I have capital on standby to use if you genuinely have the knowledge, skills and initiative to make something happen. I think my capital would be better spent in ammo manufacturing considering the supply chain and geopolitical issues limiting consumer supply; but you have my attention if you have genuine expertise, and not a bunch of empty green ammo boxes with yellow pen paint on them and hand-me-down po’boy rifles.

You sure you want to be in business with Fetterman?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Imaginary Pretend Ignore is funnier than fhuqk! Hint.

THE Blueprint is plainly outlined(by me). Hint.

Pardon my being afforded the luxuries,of not being forced to guess,as you Pretend aloud. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by Marley7x57

You sure you want to be in business with Fetterman?

I gave him a chance and he articulated he doesn’t know anything of value, nor does he possess the fortitude to take initiative.

I’ll be sure to scroll only while logged in so the ignore feature is in full effect.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Your Delusional Dumbfhuqktitude,is simply MAGNIFICENT in it's Oblivious Grandeur...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Keep Pretending aloud,as you fill out more Hurt Feeler Reports. Hint.

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I gave him a chance and he articulated he doesn’t know anything of value, nor does he possess the fortitude to take initiative.

I’ll be sure to scroll only while logged in so the ignore feature is in full effect.

Your Delusional Dumbfhuqktitude,is simply MAGNIFICENT in it's Oblivious Grandeur...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Well BigGrz, you certainly pushed his "meltdown" button there! grin

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by Marley7x57

Well BigGrz, you certainly pushed his "meltdown" button there! grin

LOL! Thanks for quoting him. I would’ve missed that horseshit gibberish.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[/quote] horseshit gibberish.[/quote]

Even when there may be a hint of actual knowledge/experience trying to be shared, the message is 99% horseshit gibberish.

Wish Wilson the best of luck in this endeavor, but can't see much of a market for a 3k semi-factory rifle.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by BWilson
Big Stick, maybe some firearms company CEOs or owners don't shoot, but I'm on the range almost every day testing Lehigh Defense and Wilson Combat products. In addition I hog hunt around 300 days a year and during deer season (Oct-Feb) I deer hunt almost every day. My typical day is a 2 hour hunt in the morning, on the range on/off during the day and start hunting about 2 hours before dark then on into the night with thermal for hogs. Living on a 8600 acre Texas ranch with access to surrounding properties provides me with a 14,000 acre playground. From 2020-2022 I averaged 539 hog kills per year.

My good friend Jason Vanderbrink (CEO of CCI, Federal, Remington and Speer) is also an avid shooter and hunts all over the world.

I do have to admit though, I'm not into this whole long range hunting thing. I will turn 70 in a few weeks and I've been hunting since I was 10 years old. I've shot exactly 3 animals (2 deer and a Eland) at a range over 300 yards. In my "opinion" if you can't get closer than 300 yards for the shot you should work on your stalking skills! I would be that the average distance game is taken in the eastern half of the country is well under 200 yards. So, terminal bullet performance is much more important for most hunters than a high BC.

So, at current pricing, about $11/Yd of effective range out to 300yds for a NULA?

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
So, at current pricing, about $11/Yd of effective range out to 300yds for a NULA?

For one hunt. Goes down for each subsequent hunt. grin

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
One of the many differences I'm seeing between Stick and BWilson is that Stick doesn't pretend to be polite.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by Pabst
One of the many differences I'm seeing between Stick and BWilson is that Stick doesn't pretend to be polite.

Lol

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
After the Wilson Combat/Larry Vickers ordeal.....

Fuuckkeem. Wouldn't have one.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
This latest Wilson version is my favorite (with the addition of bottom metal especially) I may try one in .308 Win but the non-stainless reciever is a let-down for Me....best of luck to Mr. Wilsons new rifle 👍....Hb

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Ky221
After the Wilson Combat/Larry Vickers ordeal.....

Fuuckkeem. Wouldn't have one.

Who was the guilty party?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Page 12 of 20 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

650 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 62 invisible), 3,468 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,608
Posts18,473,774
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.