Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Well just got my gun back. Repair says same as last trip "Polished chamber and passed range test". I told them that is not what I want to hear the second time! I have not fired it yet but I fail to see how ding the same thing they did last time will be any different! I will forever be staying away from S+W firearms! It is a major PITA to ship gun back and another to get it home when you work 40 plus a week and have to be home to sign.

HeavyBarrel

" A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government"
G. Washington
GB1

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by HeavyBarrel
Well just got my gun back. Repair says same as last trip "Polished chamber and passed range test". I told them that is not what I want to hear the second time! I have not fired it yet but I fail to see how ding the same thing they did last time will be any different! I will forever be staying away from S+W firearms! It is a major PITA to ship gun back and another to get it home when you work 40 plus a week and have to be home to sign.

HeavyBarrel
Have you shot it yet?
Don't you think you should shoot it before posting here?

Did you send your magazines with pistol?

Last edited by dla; 11/15/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would at least shoot the thing again to see if maybe it works now before I swore off S&W firearms.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mine wouldn't run anything with factory springs. It is running target ammo with the 24lb recoil and Springer Xtra power mag springs but is still fumbling with the more powerful loads. Always around the 12-14th rounds in 15 round mags.

HeavyBarrel

Can you sell it with mag blocks installed to someone where there is 10 round magazine limit?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A firearm you can't trust isn't worth 2 cents.

Move on.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
I will shoot it and post the results. Maybe jumping to conclusion but I already did exactly what they said they did and they did and said exactly the same thing first time I sent it.

HeavyBarrel

" A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government"
G. Washington
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
It will take a lot of firing and 100% function before I could ever trust this gun again! This gun should never have left the factory the first time and definitely shouldn't have left in the condition from the warranty department.

Unsure if yall have read all the issues and things I have tried, money I have sent, and to get a repair form back from S+W warranty dept saying they polished the chamber and passed their range text does not leave me feeling like they have addressed anything.

I will have time to fire it Friday and will post results.

HeavyBarrel

G. Washington
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Not only were all 3 mags sent with pistol, I had previously tried the Springer plus power mag springs that did not help.

HeavyBarrel

G. Washington
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There is no way to eliminate ocassional "lemons" in large scale production process. They probably only testfire few guns out of large batch. Their warranty work range test is probably couple of rounds. Your only mistake was spending hundreds to make this clunker work. Time to cut losses.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Man I hope it works this time! The gun is a bit more svelte that the G29.

IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Sorry guys I traded it off. Was not going to spend the xtra dollars on ammo to get to where I could trust gun with my life. Traded it to local gun store with full disclosure. I am sure with their buying power that if there is an issue they can get it resolved.

HeavyBarrel

G. Washington
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry guys I traded it off. Was not going to spend the xtra dollars on ammo to get to where I could trust gun with my life. Traded it to local gun store with full disclosure. I am sure with their buying power that if there is an issue they can get it resolved.

HeavyBarrel

Congratulations, I am sorry you spent so much time and money on this clunker.

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Yes I know. I traded it for a Glock 22.

If anyone would like to try the Springer brand mag springs and the 24lb recoil spring I would gladly send them their way for 50 bucks total. Only been installed for about 30 minutes.

HeavyBarrel

G. Washington
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Congratulations. That is much better choice practice ammo is about $2> 9x19. Best defensive ammo Winchester Ranger 180 bonded JHP can be found for about $30/50. You can shoot 9x19 out of G22 by simply dropping in aftermarket barrel.

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
I already had another Gen2 Glock 22 that lives in my truck. Also a G27 so this new gun will live beside my bed or on top of fridge. I like the 40's and I like the fact that in a pinch my G22 mags work in my 27.

I really liked the ergo's of the Smith but damn it was a mess and I really lost faith in it as a gun that I could defend my family with!

HeavyBarrel

G. Washington
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Slavek

HeavyBarrel

Congratulations, I am sorry you spent so much time and money on this clunker.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm guessing from your description of the failure that had you trimmed the mag lip back a bit to get an earlier full release of the round that it would have worked.

Common fix on some 1911 mags.

Guess we'll never know now.

I have no use for 10mm's...............to many problems reported with different guns. If I can't get it done with a 45 or a 40 S&W, it just won't get done & I'll move up to 44 or 41 mag.

MM

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry it didn't work out.

I feel your pain. I've had to get rid of few problem firearms too in the past.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Thank you for sharing your experience. I handled that pistol and was impressed with the ergonomics of the smith for my tastes anyway, so thank you for sharing.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I passed on a performance center a few weeks ago and went with the Springfield XDM OSP. I’ve put around 200 rounds through it without a problem.

I went in with plans to buy the 2.0 but ended up not liking the harsh course stippling on the grip. The grip frame was “imbalanced?” for my grip being too long for the width.

I wear M/L to L gloves but felt that the grip depth was for a larger hand. Simply personal preference issues but those things kept me from going S&W.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (12344mag, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 54 invisible), 2,432 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,649
Posts18,493,382
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.