Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
ruger1v Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Greyta was the name used on the Ruger Forum post. That is where he got me.

My opportunity to take the buck of my life now presented itself, I was as nervous as a small nun at a penguin shoot.

NRA Endowment Member
Life Member Ruger Collectors Assoc.
www.mazoniahuntclub.com
GB1

R
ruger1v Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Sorry, it was not the Ruger Forum (he did get others there). It was on the Marlin Owners Forum. The moderator on that site banned him back in February of 2022 and is trying to recover all other incidents of his scam activity.

My opportunity to take the buck of my life now presented itself, I was as nervous as a small nun at a penguin shoot.

NRA Endowment Member
www.mazoniahuntclub.com
R
ruger1v Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
He has also gone by Greynut on this forum according to one of the members that came forward on a PM

NRA Endowment Member
www.mazoniahuntclub.com
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Like my Dad used to say: "You're never too old to get your butt whupped."

Bring enough gun and know how to use it.

Know that it is not the knowing, nor the talking, nor the reading man, but the doing man, that at last will be found the happiest man. - Thomas Brooks (1608-1680)
R
ruger1v Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Not looking for vigilante party, simply trying to make sure this guy pays the price for knowingly committing fraudulent deals on these forums. I have met some of the best people through my interaction on this and other forums. I basically try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. This turd had several legitimate postings on the Marlin site, but that was a ploy I guess to gather confidence in the members of the forum before he would ultimately have something that one of the members, including me posted on the WTB platform.

Again, anyone here that was scammed or attempted to be scammed PM me and I will put you in touch with the detective working the case.

NRA Endowment Member
www.mazoniahuntclub.com
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
A quick google search shows a Michael Spector, 79 of Phoenix, Arizona to be an Anesthesiologist. Surely that isn't him.

R
ruger1v Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Someone on the 1919A4 Forum sent me this as the address he used in one of his scams. This was his message. If you go on Zillow this is an upscale apartment complex. So I cannot guess his prior or current employment occupation. He is no dummy.

From 1919A4 forum;

"Address comes up with this place. Unit 2025 does not. Only 27 minutes away. Nice place I want to live there.🤣"

240 W. Osborn Road, #2025,
Phoenix, AZ 85013

Google this address in Zillow

NRA Endowment Member
www.mazoniahuntclub.com
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
33 W Missouri Ave UNIT 12, Phoenix, AZ 85013
602-200-0504

Here's what I get.

*edit*
Nobody go knocking on this door! I have no idea whether this is the same guy or a valid address.

Last edited by gregintenn; 11/29/23.
R
ruger1v Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Either a different person or he moved, or it is real address. I can only confirm my detective told me his age of 79. So either ironic, coincidental, or it is the real address. He is obviously internet savvy. Law savvy. Hard to guess his motivation.

Again, I want to keep it on topic of the Michael Spector that scammed me and others. If anyone reading this post recognizes the name, was scammed or was approached by someone of the same name with a scam please PM me. I will speak with the detective but I am sure he does not want me or anyone else showing up at this guys door. That is what the legal system is for.

NRA Endowment Member
www.mazoniahuntclub.com
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
You do know some online scammers have you make payment to someone they know will cash the check for them? A 79 year old would be an easy target for that.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
You do know some online scammers have you make payment to someone they know will cash the check for them? A 79 year old would be an easy target for that.
This. Could be a son or grandson telling his grandpa that he needs to have checks mailed there for items he sold online.

Jerry
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had someone by the screen name of Hilmham Hawk said he would buy a revolver that I had listed for sale. He posted “I’ll take it, PM with details for payment options”. I do and he said he was the FFL holder and asked if I would be interested in an electronic payment…. I am beginning to wonder if this guy is fake!

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
I had someone by the screen name of Hilmham Hawk said he would buy a revolver that I had listed for sale. He posted “I’ll take it, PM with details for payment options”. I do and he said he was the FFL holder and asked if I would be interested in an electronic payment…. I am beginning to wonder if this guy is fake!

If you are referring to HilhamHawk, he's not, he's legit. I've done business with him and would happily do it again.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Pard you be tripping. Hilamhank is a straight shooter and is a ffl. Here you are tripping the ph uck out because he asked if you do electronic payment. When all you had to say was no you prefer money order.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TheDude

If you are referring to HilhamHawk, he's not, he's legit. I've done business with him and would happily do it again.
The dude is correct. I spoke to him on the phone and we are good. My apologies.... just got thrown for a loop.

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J

Some panties qet twisted rather easily...

Sucks for the scammed and the uninvolved whose names get thrown in the ring on a whim.

Last edited by Jhow; 12/01/23.
R
ruger1v Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Once again not trying to get people pushing the panic button. I'm willing to bet 99.9% of the transactions done on this and other forums are legitimate and trustworthy. It's the few like Mr. Spector that ruin it for those 99.9% that are legitimate.

Repeat, not looking for hanging mob, simply asking anyone that may have been a victim to please come forward and assist Detective Carrieres in establishing a case that the DA has no choice but to prosecute.

Thanks again

Last edited by ruger1v; 12/01/23. Reason: Spelling

NRA Endowment Member
www.mazoniahuntclub.com
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I was scammed in late August of 2022 for $500-$600 trying to buy a Remington 1187 12 Gauge

Alex Stewart
240 W. Osborn Road, #2025, Phoenix AZ 85013
(520)365-2068
Littlestewart724gmail.com

Life’s hard, it’s even harder if your stupid. -John Wayne
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Bump

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bump

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

200 members (358wsm, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 204guy, 16penny, 280shooter, 25 invisible), 2,139 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,892
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.