-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I hope the PI in Phoenix that’s surely getting paid by someone who got scammed isn’t the same dude who’s running scams. I’m a little bit of an over thinker but seems like a perfect way to get some legit business and run a scam at the same time. Just sayin, if he’s that good why is he messing around with us?

Wac em and stack em
GB1

R
ruger1v Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
No conspiracy theory here. One other member came forward from this forum and identified Mr. Spector using the name Little Stewart and tried scamming him. I received an email from the detective and he is obtaining financial records from our turd. So, if you or someone here has been scammed or almost scammed please PM me. We now have 5 victims.

My opportunity to take the buck of my life now presented itself, I was as nervous as a small nun at a penguin shoot.

NRA Endowment Member
Life Member Ruger Collectors Assoc.
www.mazoniahuntclub.com
R
ruger1v Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Sorry, Alex Stuart is the moniker. Address remains the same as to where the checks go.

My opportunity to take the buck of my life now presented itself, I was as nervous as a small nun at a penguin shoot.

NRA Endowment Member
www.mazoniahuntclub.com
R
ruger1v Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Good news for all that have replied to this thread. I was contacted by the detective in Phoenix working this case. He was able to obtain the bank records and found SEVERAL others that had been defrauded. He may reach out to all of us to see if we will pursue pressing charges and even testifying if necessary. James and I have spoken several times and he knows I will fly out from Illinois to Phoenix to testify. I hope there are others that are willing to do so as well. Again, at this point the recovery of money or getting the "firearms we thought we were purchasing" may be a remote possibility. I am a man of principal and I could care less how old he is, who he knows, what his current living condition is----he needs to be held accountable and this is the first step. The guy is smart and figures he has beaten the system by keeping his scam to under $1,000. Now, by his repeated offenses he has crossed that line. Spread the word here and on other forums you may be on that have been affected by Michael Spectors criminal acts.

NRA Endowment Member
www.mazoniahuntclub.com
R
ruger1v Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
UPDATE FROM INVESTIGATOR CARRIERES;

Hi Neal

So 20 emails went out today that looked like the below. I have gotten a couple of responses already, and I think people will respond during the weekend. I can also follow-up with a call, but this intro is good if I have the right email addresses.

Hello Mr. XXXXXX,

I am an Investigator with the Phoenix Police Department and I’m working on a criminal case that involved an individual that advertised weapons for sale in 2022, accepted money orders and checks as payment, and failed to deliver a gun to buyers. Based on records I have reviewed; you may have been a victim. If so, please answer the following questions (you can answer in between each question in red, and email back your responses):

Where and when did you see posting/ad?

Who did you interact with and what weapon was offered and the price?

Did the person provide any identification and what address did you send the payment?

Did you ever receive the weapon or get your money back?

Do you want to be listed as a victim and would you be willing to testify in Arizona if the case went to trial? (The court would pay for your travel and expenses if it went to trial)

If you could provide your full name, address, and telephone number of where I could reach you, that would also help.

If you have any communication (text/email) about the sale, can you capture screen shots and include it with your response? If you have a copy of the ad and possibly his ID, that would be great as well. If you have a copy of the money order/check, please attach that to this email. If you have any questions, please give me a call. Thank You

Here is how you can confirm this request is coming from the Phoenix Police Department. You can call the Phoenix Police Department's Non-Emergency Line, 602-262-6151 (please Google Non-Emergency Number Phoenix Police to verify the number) and tell the dispatcher you would like to verify the identity of an Investigator who contacted you by email. My information is:
Police Civilian Investigator James Carrieres A6923 (Serial Number)
Phoenix PD Non-Emergency # to Verify Identity: 602-262-6151
Assigned to the I44 Financial Fraud Squad in the Property Crimes Bureau
Sgt. Sears, #7181 (Immediate Supervisor)
My Office Number 602-534-0205

NRA Endowment Member
www.mazoniahuntclub.com
IC B2

R
ruger1v Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Investigator is now looking at other bank accounts. This may be much larger than we think. My confidence grows that this will now meet the smell test for the DA and go for prosecution.

NRA Endowment Member
www.mazoniahuntclub.com
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Good on them for pursuing, and good on you for sticking with it and following through.

God Bless and Shoot Straight
R
ruger1v Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Thank you. It is not about me at all, it is about the principal.

NRA Endowment Member
www.mazoniahuntclub.com
R
ruger1v Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
TTT

NRA Endowment Member
www.mazoniahuntclub.com
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

643 members (10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 02bfishn, 1234, 007FJ, 56 invisible), 2,675 guests, and 1,371 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,724
Posts18,475,825
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.