Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by passport
The post office is all but dead and gone since Covid. Why anyone would do anything other than mail a letter is beyond me. Plus FedEx and ups are both cheaper and WAY more dependable

Yes but, unless something has changed they won't ship a gun from an individual to an FFL.

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by spence1875
The post office is all but dead and gone since Covid. Why anyone would do anything other than mail a letter is beyond me. Plus FedEx and ups are both cheaper and WAY more dependable

Yes but, unless something has changed they won't ship a gun from an individual to an FFL.

You can, just don't tell them. No requirement to tell them.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I was wondering the same thing???

I don't want a pickle, I just wanna ride my motorcycle
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by JakeM78

Good luck with making a lost or damaged claim when shipping a prohibited item with them.

I had a rifle badly damaged by ups in the past, they paid the claim but a lot of paperwork including verifying I was shipping properly to FFL. If u break their rules they will flat out deny any claim.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
You can absolutely ship a long gun to an FFL from an individual. That said, many USPS counter workers don't know the regs. 432 is the Section of the Regulations.

Internet analysis: 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact

Fools & fanatics are always so certain and wise people are always so questioning

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Good luck with making a lost or damaged claim when shipping a prohibited item with them.

I had a rifle badly damaged by ups in the past, they paid the claim but a lot of paperwork including verifying I was shipping properly to FFL. If u break their rules they will flat out deny any claim.

You previously stated that they won't then you say they can, make up your mind. I self-insure.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
I made up my mind. They, UPS, will not ship them as individual to an ffl, it is in their rules NOW. That damaged gun from UPS I made a claim was about 15 years ago when you could do that. So now, as u stated with UPS unless u lie to them about what is in the box or don’t tell them as us said, u can not ship a gun or gun parts even as an individual. If you do and something happens they will not honor the claim as you violated their rules. These companies will us anything they can to not pay a claim, violating their written rules makes it easy for them to deny the claim.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I made up my mind. They, UPS, will not ship them as individual to an ffl, it is in their rules NOW. That damaged gun from UPS I made a claim was about 15 years ago when you could do that. So now, as u stated with UPS unless u lie to them about what is in the box or don’t tell them as us said, u can not ship a gun or gun parts even as an individual. If you do and something happens they will not honor the claim as you violated their rules. These companies will us anything they can to not pay a claim, violating their written rules makes it easy for them to deny the claim.

I don't care about their rules. Something is either LEGAL or ILLEGAL. Is it ILLEGAL to ship via UPS? Nope. I understand that a lot of you prefer to kowtow, but that's not what made AMERICA.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S

I don't care about their rules. Something is either LEGAL or ILLEGAL. Is it ILLEGAL to ship via UPS? Nope. I understand that a lot of you prefer to kowtow, but that's not what made AMERICA.

I rest my case.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Probably the safest way to ship a long gun is through UPS or FedEx FFL to FFL and insured. An extra FFL fee is a lot better than this waiting game I am having to deal with.

It is not about what you kill, it is about the hunt....
IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

I rest my case.

Commie

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

What happens when they lose your gun? You sure can't tell them you want your insurance money without proof of what was in the package. Maybe you could tell them it was a long handled digital torque wrench??

Medics bury their mistakes..
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Dinny

What happens when they lose your gun? You sure can't tell them you want your insurance money without proof of what was in the package. Maybe you could tell them it was a long handled digital torque wrench??

I'll refund the money. What is so difficult to comprehend? I guess patriotism is A'ok, so long as it doesn't touch your wallet. Said state of affairs.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I'm fairly certain there is a requirement to state the contents of all UPS packages. Be sure to insure the UPS package for $1000 or more. They maintain a chain of custody with high value packages. A good friend of mine is an ammunition manufacturer. UPS lost something like 8 of his packages in his first year of business and he had to either refund his customer's money or send another package with new ammo in it. Once he started to insure the packages for $1000 none of them have been lost. He's going on 11 years of doing business.

Medics bury their mistakes..
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

They will ship a long gun individual to FFL, but handgun must go FFL to FFl.

USPS is still the best way you can ship a gun. You can take it to any little podunk post office and send it, assuming the clerks know the law, which sometimes they do not.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Got a package I sent from Ohio to Wisconsin. It's in Puerto Rico. Wtf?

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
USPS Ground Advantage can take forever, have had stuff take over 2 weeks to reach me or the person I sold a item to.

Making black powder smoke is a great thing..
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by 99guy
USPS is still the best way you can ship a gun. You can take it to any little podunk post office and send it, assuming the clerks know the law, which sometimes they do not.

This has been my experience as well--though have had to ask some USPS employees to look at their own regulations.

Had a woman postmaster around 15 years ago who had delusions about regs. I told her what they actually were, and suggested she look 'em up. That was when our little PO first started using cameras to record transactions between employees and customers, and very soon afterward she got "retired."

One of the other reasons I use USPS is that the nearest Fedex and UPS outlets are a 65-mile round-trip away, and the UPS only accepts firearms at their distribution center--which is only open for such stuff 2 hours a day, 2 days a week.

Fedex is better but still just as far away. Could pay extra for them to pick stuff up, but the local PO works better.

Fedex is also kinda screwy here. A custom rifle company shipped me an expensive rifle for a review article a couple years ago, and "delivered" it to a house on the opposite side of the street, a block away. Luckily, this is a small town and the guy walked down the street and asked if I was the guy on the shipping label.

On another occasion around the same time, Fedex left a package on my porch addressed to the same street number, but on the SOUTH end of the street, several blocks away. Luckily, the guy's phone number was on the label, and I called him--then dropped it off on my way to the PO.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
I shipped a rifle “priority” a while back that took 29 days to make the trip.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I ship alot of things USPS. probably about 500 packages and only had one issue with my package going missing. I had to get the postal inspector involved and then it magically started moving in transit. Now I've had trouble with ups in the past as an receiving ffl. Saying some of my packages were delivered when in fact they weren't. I had to threaten to call the aft and then they show up.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 10ring1, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 54 invisible), 2,596 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,062
Posts18,482,445
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.