Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
I think one of the biggest missed opportunities by the scope companies is to offer a true Custom Service Center where you could have a scope built 'ala carte....choose the options that you want from an existing platform. Premier Reticle came the closest to that model.

Good shootin' -Al

Those on the outside very often think a buisness should lose money to satisfy a very small subset of customers.

Leupold did run a custom shop for many years but it was always a net loss. Every scope Leupold can produce is sold before it's made and the same is true for most other actual manufacturers.

It's not viable to cater to a niche very small customer base that wants one off custom products at production prices.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sorry ladies,typical slow day here,but at least it was dry. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Keep your Professional Victim Hurt Feelers Reports coming,as that High Pitched Nasal Whine sure is fhuqking soothing! Hint.

I might start carving some Mail open this afternoon. Pardon the Splendors of wares that exist,if only in advance. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I think one of the biggest missed opportunities by the scope companies is to offer a true Custom Service Center where you could have a scope built 'ala carte....choose the options that you want from an existing platform. Premier Reticle came the closest to that model.

Good shootin' -Al

Those on the outside very often think a buisness should lose money to satisfy a very small subset of customers.

Leupold did run a custom shop for many years but it was always a net loss. Every scope Leupold can produce is sold before it's made and the same is true for most other actual manufacturers.

It's not viable to cater to a niche very small customer base that wants one off custom products at production prices.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Good shootin' -Al

I agree 100%, that is why I pick and choose from what is available.

Arcus Venator
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CRS

Good shootin' -Al

I agree 100%, that is why I pick and choose from what is available.

Seems an opportunity for a entrepreneur, a boutique shop, how hard can making scopes be?

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Wp75169
Seems like we begged this before and one one of our sponsors had a big time manufacturer make some 6x42s. Then all you [bleep] talkers failed to buy them and Doug sat on them way too long. Why don’t you look for one of those 6x42 S&B used.

The S&B "offered" was/is a Goat Fhuqk. Schit reticle,no parallax adjustment,schit erector travel and fhuqking STUPID "controls". Hint.

A simplistic 6x MQ offered superior mechanical control and by fhuqking land slides. Hint.

You Crying CLUELESS Kchunts are a Hoot! Hint.

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by irfubar
Seems an opportunity for a entrepreneur, a boutique shop, how hard can making scopes be?

A good friend was one of the principles of a start up scope company. The endeavor is pretty daunting, to say the least.

The logical thing would be a shop where the company is already servicing an existing product line...both assembly and service. Leupold's now defunct Custom Shop did basic turret and reticle work and generally did a good job with that.

What I'm describing would be a true custom scope where the buyer could select specific features...reticle, w/e adjustment amounts, tracking system options, etc.

A true premium product at a premium price.

It worked for Premier Reticle before an unscrupulous business partner sank them.

Good shootin' smile -Al

Forbidden Zoner
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Years back the 24 Hour Campfire did a special group purchase that Doug arranged with Schmidt & Bender for a S&B PMII fixed 6x42 rifle scope. Worst mistake ever not buying one of those. It was the most substantive and value based group buy I have ever seen. For those who say there is no market for a fixed power scope, that group buy proves you wrong.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The S&B "offered" was/is a Goat Fhuqk. Schit reticle,no parallax adjustment,schit erector travel and fhuqking STUPID "controls". Hint.

A simplistic 6x MQ offered superior mechanical control and by fhuqking land slides. Hint.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Your responses are always amusing, and while your experience in these matters is generally respected, there is no way I would choose an MQ over an S&B. And while we fully understand your inability to respect another human being's choice, carry on compensating for personal shortfalls versus important matters.

On a more important matter, please give us the review on the 8 x 56 S&B you recently bought and the comparison in usable low-light additional time between the MQ and the S&B.

Last edited by FSJeeper; 12/16/23.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sweetheart,

You are simply riding the Pine and have never stepped foot on the Floor. Hint.

The ONLY things you "shoot" are your mouth and Imagination,on a Minimum Wage. Hint.

Keep Pretending aloud,you Drooling CLUELESS Fhuqk. Hint.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Sweetheart,

The ONLY things you "shoot" are your mouth and Imagination,on a Minimum Wage. Hint.

So how was the 8 x 56 Schmidt & Bender you just bought?

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Ozarker
Would be nice if someone would do a special run of 4x and 6x scopes for us old fudds.

Trijicon Accupoint 6x42 might be nice

Great idea but I would prefer 2 3/4x and 4x. Getting a 4x and 6x would be fine with me but I suspect I'd go 2-7x rather than fixed 6x. Been using a couple 2-7x scopes several years now and have grown very fond of them. But my favorite scope is still the old Redfield 4 plex cch on my 30-06. Bought that scope new about 1971 and have never had a problem with it and for big game enough power for farther than I normally shoot!

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Big Schtick,

Tell us about the pecan grove where you and Max used to shoot the trout, when your love was young.

The Rifle is the Weapon of Democracy
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Is that you on the left?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Maybe it’s time to put my S&B 6x42 for sale on the fire.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I patiently await my first Meopta,that tracks,holds zero and repeats. Hint……..
I never own a Meopta but read some great reviews on how well it tracks, can you tell us which scope tracks, holds zero and repeats the best in your estimation without smart a** reply.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by FSJeeper
Sweetheart,

So how was the 8 x 56 Schmidt & Bender you just bought?

Big Stick- I take it since the cat has your tongue on answering this simple question, the S&B was so good it conflicts with your CCP marketing efforts, and you need to keep the goodness to yourself.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
How many times a day,do you gals think about me? Hint.

I do not have a S&B 8x56 and never have,but your vicarious "living" is fhuqking HILARIOUS! Hint.................

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

300 members (10Glocks, 17CalFan, 160user, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 1lesfox, 28 invisible), 1,857 guests, and 1,054 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,872
Posts18,478,770
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.