-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
16 in 79... never seen that weird ass schit in my small town... should'a lynched the lot of em... now look what's happened!...

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
In 1979 I was 28 years old. I was living in Atlanta. I was working with a 20 year old guy. He said that he and all his friends went down to the Peachtree Battle theater at midnight on Friday to watch Rocky Horror Picture Show. He had seen it 11 times!

One Friday night my girlfriend and I went down to the Peachtree Battle theater. This movie was some weird stuff. There was Tim Curry, wearing black leather bra and panties, singing his song "I'm just a sweet transexual, transvestite, from Transylvania..."

There was a scene where Susan Sarandon was standing out on the porch in the rain. Every kid in the theater pulled out a squirt gun, and squirted water into the air. Sandra and I got soaked.

In another scene, Tim and Susan had a bottle of champagne. Tim poured it into champagne glasses. They had a toast, get it? Every kid in the theater pulled out a piece pf toast, a slice of bread cooked in the toaster, and flung it at the big screen like a Frisbee. 400 pieces of toast in the air.

Sandra and I left the theater saying "What the f*** was that?"
I guess you had to be 20 years old to understand Rocky Horror Picture Show.

When the squirt guns come out you're supposed to get out newspaper to make an impromptu umbrella.

What would Porter Rockwell do?
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Sandra and I left the theater saying "What the f*** was that?"
I guess you had to be 20 years old to understand Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Or drunk, which is what we usually were if we were at the midnight movie at the old Cini 8. We were still going well into the late 80s. It became a cult thing really. I remember any other movie at that theater they basically frisked you for a box of Swedish Fish, but for that movie everyone brought paper bags full of accessories and management never batted an eye.

Good times...

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I went to it one time and there was a big thunderstorm passing through. The lights went out, movie stopped playing so everyone shuffled out into the lobby, along with the people who were there for a midnight (??!!!) showing of a Disney movie or something. Talk about not getting along, who would have thought that mixing a bunch of drunks openly smoking pot with a bunch of families would cause friction?

There ended up being a big fist fight and the cops came, but nobody got arrested for open containers or MJ possession and the show went on soon after the lights came on again.

Politics is War by Other Means
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by mart
Does art imitate life or does life imitate art? I firmly believe the latter.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show is just one of many examples of art pushing the boundaries and life following suit.

I was told that there is a line around the block at 10:30 on Friday nights in Atlanta at the Plaza Theater, with many of the fans dressed in costume. So, imitating Tim Curry, they got several guys there dressed in black leather bra and panties on a public sidewalk.

When I saw this movie in Atlanta in 1979, nobody in the audience was dressed in character. Had there been a man standing on the sidewalk in that year, dressed in black leather bra and panties, he wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes. Cops would have hauled him off for public [or, pubic] indecency. Cops probably would have given him an attitude adjustment in the Paddy Wagon with the nightstick across the head for a few licks.

Today, the grown man on the sidewalk half-nude probably gets the LGBTQ Trophy from Stacy Abrams.

Thus we see the moral decline of the once-great nation. Germany went through a phase like this. Ever see the movie Cabaret? The Weimar Republic displayed this kind of public sex deviancy, lasted for ten years, from 1923 to 1933, and then Germany collapsed as the weakened state allowed Hitler to take over and start WW 2.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
i wonder... will history repeat itself?...

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Doesn't history almost always repeat itself in some fashion if society waits long enough... it is probably even more likely to happen sooner with as much history that is trying to be erased by many today! At some level, society never remembers.

Reading a good, almost 80yo book on Christopher Columbus and what his "discovery" of the New World meant to a "decaying" Christian Europe in the face of the geopolitical expansion of the neighboring Muslim "World". Obviously more to it than that, but it did stymie the Muslims, as well as the Chinese for that matter, and put Europe back in the sunshine and control at least for awhile. Fast forward to today... no "New Worlds" to bail us out again in modern times with the same problems again at hand. The Arab/Christian/Jewish thing will never be worked out by mortals anyway... buckle up!!!

Rocky Horror Picture Show was just an early symptom of a small decaying segment of America, mostly Hollywood. Fast forward to today, what 50 years? It's not just quirky, weird, and maybe funny to someone under the influence, it's becoming reality in a distracted, vulnerable, misguided and complacent Country.

Laws of Thermodynamics shed light on such things... natural spontaneous events lead to increased "entropy" or randomness, disorganization, chaos, etc. depending on how you define it."Work" or "heat/energy" must be consciously used by society/humans to overcome "natural" things to provide order and progress.
"Physical Chemistry" was one of the more enlightening college courses I ever took in terms of understanding other science subjects and processes in the World.

Back to history repeating itself again, I personally know it does as I was vomitted on several times by my sick kids and maybe once or twice at work in the hospital, BUT no way I want to repeat that if I don't have to... no Rocky Mountain Picture Show for me for many reasons!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I wasn’t around for the hay day of it. I watched it on TV when I was about 13 and thought it was gross. Why would I want to see gross flamer transvestite [bleep]? I don’t like that culture in real life why would I want to see it glorified and promoted in a movie?

The purpose of the movie was propaganda to move the needle for mainstream cultural acceptance. It obviously worked as intended.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
And then there was that dang Mrs. Doubtfire movie.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Valsdad

To a lesser degree yes and marketing it towards kids as virtuous and family friendly. The storyline is a man in drag in order to prove his masculine love of family values and worth as a family man🙄

You’re from CA. You think you’re based. You’re all in on leftist ideology without realizing it. How’s that 10 day waiting period to buy a gun on the CA approved firearm purchase list working for you?

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
It was a hoot then and still is today. grin

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
The creature from the black lagoon.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There’s some good music in it. Tim Curry’s entrance scene and of course Meatloaf’s number.

Seen it two or three times over the decades, never did the whole toast thing tho.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Wifey knows that movie word for word

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
It was my ex wifes favorite movie,that should have been my first clue...........

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

To a lesser degree yes.

You’re from CA. You think you’re based. You’re all in on leftist ideology without realizing it. How’s that 10 day waiting period to buy a gun on the CA approved firearm purchase list working for you?
A: you know nothing about where I'm from. Presently living in Cali, yes. But, where have I lived and worked for large portions of my adult life? As a child I had no control where I was birthed or resided, neither does any other human I know of.

B: you have only supposition to guide you as to what ideology I'm "all in on". Just an FYI, I'm kind of a free thinker and make every attempt to base my thinking and decisions on what I see as evidence, not because someone else told me what to think or do. A little libertarian leaning in my politics but smart enough to vote R whether or not I like the candidate, if for no other reason than to offset a D vote and because they tend to show some support for the 2A.

C: did you mean to say I'm biased? I'm not sure about what you mean when you say I think I'm "based" . Is that Michigan speak? Could you clarify perhaps?

D:The 10 day waiting period, and all the other multitude of ineffective firearm laws have never worked for their supposed purposes. In Cali or any other State or Commonwealth I've run across. By the way, how's Gretchen and her minions working out for you folks? Y'all have some new stuff to deal with soon, if not already.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...igan-laws-that-will-take-effect-in-2024/

Here’s what’s taking effect:

Firearm storage laws: People in Michigan will now be required to keep a firearm stored or left unattended on a premises unloaded and locked, either with a locking device or stored in a locked container, if it is “reasonably known that a minor is or is likely to be present on the premises.” There are a range of penalties for violating this requirement. (Bills: Senate Bill 79, Senate Bill 80)
Gun safety devices: The costs of gun safety devices will be lowered in an effort to allow easier access to materials needed to safely store firearms. (Bills: Senate Bill 81, Senate Bill 82)
Background checks: Background checks related to firearm purchases will now expand to all firearm purchases, from handguns to long guns. Previously, universal background checks were only required when purchasing a handgun in Michigan. (Bills: House Bill 4138, House Bill 4142)
Red flag laws: Several bills were passed in Michigan to establish extreme risk protection order laws, also known as red flag laws. Red flag laws are designed to help prevent a person in distress or crisis from using a firearm to inflict damage on themself or others. The laws don’t seek to take firearms away from gun owners who aren’t dangerous or in distress. Click here to learn more about how red flag laws work. (Bills: Senate Bill 83, House Bill 4146, House Bill 4147, House Bill 4148, House Bill 4145 (was not approved))
Domestic violence regulations: In November, Gov. Whitmer signed legislation that prohibits individuals convicted of a misdemeanor related to domestic violence from possessing firearms for at least an eight-year-period. Existing Michigan law only prohibited those convicted of felony domestic violence from possessing firearms. (Bills: Senate Bill 471, Senate Bill 528, House Bill 4945)

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
There’s some good music in it. Tim Curry’s entrance scene and of course Meatloaf’s number.

Seen it two or three times over the decades, never did the whole toast thing tho.

Originally Posted by hanco
Wifey knows that movie word for word

Oh no!

Birdie and Wifey have been indoctrinated!

By a musical no less. grin

In it is contentment

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
The first time I saw it was in the VF 151 Ready Room on the USS Midway. We were in the Indian Ocean on Gonzo Station off the coast of Iran. Fun times. 😊

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

To a lesser degree yes.

A: you know nothing about where I'm from. Presently living in Cali, yes. But, where have I lived and worked for large portions of my adult life? As a child I had no control where I was birthed or resided, neither does any other human I know of.

B: you have only supposition to guide you as to what ideology I'm "all in on". Just an FYI, I'm kind of a free thinker and make every attempt to base my thinking and decisions on what I see as evidence, not because someone else told me what to think or do. A little libertarian leaning in my politics but smart enough to vote R whether or not I like the candidate, if for no other reason than to offset a D vote and because they tend to show some support for the 2A.

C: did you mean to say I'm biased? I'm not sure about what you mean when you say I think I'm "based" . Is that Michigan speak? Could you clarify perhaps?

D:The 10 day waiting period, and all the other multitude of ineffective firearm laws have never worked for their supposed purposes. In Cali or any other State or Commonwealth I've run across. By the way, how's Gretchen and her minions working out for you folks? Y'all have some new stuff to deal with soon, if not already.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...igan-laws-that-will-take-effect-in-2024/

Here’s what’s taking effect:

Firearm storage laws: People in Michigan will now be required to keep a firearm stored or left unattended on a premises unloaded and locked, either with a locking device or stored in a locked container, if it is “reasonably known that a minor is or is likely to be present on the premises.” There are a range of penalties for violating this requirement. (Bills: Senate Bill 79, Senate Bill 80)
Gun safety devices: The costs of gun safety devices will be lowered in an effort to allow easier access to materials needed to safely store firearms. (Bills: Senate Bill 81, Senate Bill 82)
Background checks: Background checks related to firearm purchases will now expand to all firearm purchases, from handguns to long guns. Previously, universal background checks were only required when purchasing a handgun in Michigan. (Bills: House Bill 4138, House Bill 4142)
Red flag laws: Several bills were passed in Michigan to establish extreme risk protection order laws, also known as red flag laws. Red flag laws are designed to help prevent a person in distress or crisis from using a firearm to inflict damage on themself or others. The laws don’t seek to take firearms away from gun owners who aren’t dangerous or in distress. Click here to learn more about how red flag laws work. (Bills: Senate Bill 83, House Bill 4146, House Bill 4147, House Bill 4148, House Bill 4145 (was not approved))
Domestic violence regulations: In November, Gov. Whitmer signed legislation that prohibits individuals convicted of a misdemeanor related to domestic violence from possessing firearms for at least an eight-year-period. Existing Michigan law only prohibited those convicted of felony domestic violence from possessing firearms. (Bills: Senate Bill 471, Senate Bill 528, House Bill 4945)

Point A: I was giving you credit for having been born in CA rather than choosing to move to CA.

B: A libertarian that never misses a chance to bash Trump but blindly votes Republican.

C: You don’t understand the definition…

D: Gretchen is a POS but if we can say anything about her it’s that at least she isn’t Newsom and that we don’t have a fraction of the laws that you have. They may wind up here. It’s spreading everywhere but you can’t figure out the root causes and propaganda that encourages it.

No doubt that there are good honest and aware Constitutionalist in CA. It’s just that you are not one of them.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I believe it’s common knowledge that the guy who played RiffRaff the butler, actually wrote and directed the whole thing.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 68 invisible), 2,620 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,515
Posts18,509,518
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.